A little about the Campfire Audio Lyra
Oct 26, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #106 of 277
I would also like to add that at calm occassion when I feel like I want to listen to slow songs, I prefer songs from Adele and Lenka as well as Of Monsters and Men. Where vocals are my main focus. :)

That may put me to try consider Jupiter if Lyra isnt good enough lol.

Oct 27, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #108 of 277
Both are good. Basic characteristics - warm, nice mids, sparkle. But Lyra is laid back - what you want for sinking into your chair and listening to some doom/sludge. Jupiter is more energetic - what you want for tech metal. Does that help?

Thanks a bunch! It really helped in making me consider owning BOTH now lol. XD

Oct 27, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #109 of 277
Both are good. Basic characteristics - warm, nice mids, sparkle. But Lyra is laid back - what you want for sinking into your chair and listening to some doom/sludge. Jupiter is more energetic - what you want for tech metal. Does that help?

Thanks a bunch! It really helped in making me consider owning BOTH now lol. XD

That's exactly what I thought I heard them. Orion - no. Lyra - yes. Jupiter - yes.

If I'm being completely honest, Jupiter really got me going, but it's pretty energetic and engaging. It's nice to have something high-quality that's relaxed, too.

Oct 27, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #110 of 277

"Nice mids" does not bode well for a midhead/vocalhead like me.

Oct 27, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #111 of 277

"Nice mids" does not bode well for a midhead/vocalhead like me.

Aw c'mon. If you knew me, you'd know I'm not much for embellishment. I've heard the CustomArt and old 1964 EARS (not ADEL) lineups and would rather get Lyra and Jupiter if that's any help.

Oct 27, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #112 of 277
Aw c'mon. If you knew me, you'd know I'm not much for embellishment. I've heard the CustomArt and old 1964 EARS (not ADEL) lineups and would rather get Lyra and Jupiter if that's any help.

What of the Vision Ears VE5? Based on some reviews that one has phenomenal vocals!

Oct 27, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #114 of 277
No Vision Ears here yet. Next CIEM lineup I'll hear is Perfect Seal, a relatively unknown but well-established company (15 years).

Ah...shame. But I shall be on lookout for it.

Nov 27, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #115 of 277
Guys I've learnt how to appreciate the Lyras again, apparently it took me about 2 months of constant W50s banging my eardrums lol, my setup is an iPhone 6 Spotify premium app on extreme everything with a cozoy astrapi slotted into the back of my cover's card holder, it's not the best rig to be rocking high end iems, but due to my fixation with skinny jeans this is my everyday carry rig. (The cozoy imo just refines the sound, makes it cleaner a little and I think tightens up the bass a little) I replaced the Lyra's stiff ass cable with a UE900 replacement cable which is soo much better (in terms of microphonics at least)

Dec 12, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #116 of 277
Has anybody auditioned the Jupiter yet? I did it today and god dammit I guess I have to burn another thousand dollar hole in my pocket again.

Dec 14, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #118 of 277
I've asked around for opinions about the jupiter and comparisons towards it, and some said the Jomo 6r is better for it's price with better clarity, detail and something else, can't recall. I really like the Lyras. but the Jupiter takes the cake dude, to me it sounds very clean, smooth, detailed the perfect amount of bass *shivers* it's so good!

Dec 14, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #119 of 277
  I've asked around for opinions about the jupiter and comparisons towards it, and some said the Jomo 6r is better for it's price with better clarity, detail and something else, can't recall. I really like the Lyras. but the Jupiter takes the cake dude, to me it sounds very clean, smooth, detailed the perfect amount of bass *shivers* it's so good!

I don't see why a custom earphone should be compared to a universal, no matter the price. The two are used in mutually exclusive manners. I'm sure the JOMO 6r is great, but it's a custom. 

Dec 14, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #120 of 277
To my knowledge Jomo do make universals, but I'm pretty sure they were maybe relating to the fact of money to accessories and sound factor where for the same price one could get a custom or universal fit and a *better* sound. I can't remember the name of another iem compared to the jupiter, it starts with a C something something 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back