A little about the Campfire Audio Jupiter
Aug 25, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #286 of 347
I called Campfire Audio twice now. They keep telling me the Jupiter's are not detailed and no mid forward at all. They keep pushing the Andromeda's as if the Jupiter's are not good Iv'e read reviews where people say they are? Why so mixed impressions? Dropping $800.00 on an IEM that has such mixed reviews is hard to swallow. You don't even get a second cable anymore they said. That was a huge blow. Sigh*
Reviews have some relativity. There are dependency on what previous iems the reviewer comes from, and also what level of performances they've experienced. Better indicators are comparisons(some comparisons are useless like they are trying to please the companies, but the transparent kinds is the real good kinds) of earphones that perform well.

If you can get there for pretty decent price like $500 for example, the large price gap may make the Jupiter more of an attractive option due to the significantly lower pricing, but if comparing the retail price to the Andromeda, the gap really lessons, so if Andromeda is the better peformer, it makes much more sense to go with the Andromeda.

On the website they tagged the Andromeda as balanced.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #288 of 347
(Repling to an earlier question but forgot to add the quote)

Well its hard to have a favorite after the Andromeda as it does it all so well, and after the Andromeda each CA IEM has its own specific signature, so it comes down to a matter of taste in the end.

It would be Vega, Jupiter (with reference 8 cable) or Dorado I guess. Each for a different reason.

Aug 26, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #289 of 347
I had Jupiters for a while. I think they were awesome! Comparing to Andromeda.

I seem to have a better fit with Andromeda for some reason. I have not once had to push them in my ears after going for a long walk.

With Jupiters I had to keep pushing them in my ears once in a while. Or Right side would lose seal as I'm eating even walking.

I think Andromeda's are a bit bigger, and fit my ears perfectly. Had not had to touch them in my ears for a full day. Even if I had to walk, eat, talk on phone even. I always heard that pssh seal loss when I talked on Phone with Jupiter LOL.

Soundwise, I think Jupiter's are still amazing even though being overshadowed.

Aug 26, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #290 of 347
cables-004.jpg

Aww reference 8

can u say from your experience it did to the sounds ?

pretty much my cable ,, cant wait to merge them. the colour matching is on point for me petty no ediloic mmxc i think the metal style carried through to the connecters would look like a million bux

I also asked ted to reduce the length of the memory wire and wrap to 1 inch or 2 thirds the size
like on the earsonics cables I get all the fit without all that extra overhang

oh yeh ted has a 20 percent off sale atm so thats $99 charge iclude shipment to australia

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #292 of 347
Aug 30, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #294 of 347
well... they came today
Start by saying I am a late iem bloomer because new iems are created so rapidly these days its not so hard to save a buck on top quality iems of yesterday and i love a bargain.
Far better than i expected got to admit !! I had lost some faith in iems since the 846 an pro50 ..both quite good but had stand out faults that did not gel with me esp the 846
From what I read on the interwebs I have to disagree with alot that was said ,there was no way I was expecting the warm and bassy sound my ears are met with. The way they are portrait in some reviews is bass light and bright .. I find the bass just as punchy as the 50's with deeper extension in the boot.. but it is more in the background somewhat.Some people complain about the dip in the upper mids?? Maybe my ears cannot perceive this as I have come from a long line of warm iem's? They are still more forward - actually less receding than the 50's mids, even with silver upgrade cable and less in your face than the 846, to me they sit smoothly with the rest of the freq for both male and female vocal, The absolute star of the all star cast is the Lively sweet and extended highs > they steal my attention then it drifts into the other regions ..and i thought the 50's highs where good!? Some of my electronic music sounds utterly beautiful in the treble, sweet is the best way to describe it.
The soundstage is not as airy as i thought it might be though, the occasional distant cues are entertaining

at times electric guitar sounds more accurate and some purcussion has a tad more pop to it with the 50's but that is not a reason to miss them. The comfort of sure and westone is miles ahead of the jupiter (I have the old verson), they fit inside my largish ears, dont stick out any and if i angle them right I cant tell they are there but most of the time I can feel all those angles, it is not a problem but it is there.

Anyway that was my impressions for anyone still considering grabbing the jupiters , picked mine up from here at 450 us , So I have some change for some spiral dots and ted allen spc on the way.

Plan on sticking to the jupiter for a yr or so then give the andromeda a go , very impressed

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #295 of 347
well... they came today
Start by saying I am a late iem bloomer because new iems are created so rapidly these days its not so hard to save a buck on top quality iems of yesterday and i love a bargain.
Far better than i expected got to admit !! I had lost some faith in iems since the 846 an pro50 ..both quite good but had stand out faults that did not gel with me esp the 846
From what I read on the interwebs I have to disagree with alot that was said ,there was no way I was expecting the warm and bassy sound my ears are met with. The way they are portrait in some reviews is bass light and bright .. I find the bass just as punchy as the 50's with deeper extension in the boot.. but it is more in the background somewhat.Some people complain about the dip in the upper mids?? Maybe my ears cannot perceive this as I have come from a long line of warm iem's? They are still more forward - actually less receding than the 50's mids, even with silver upgrade cable and less in your face than the 846, to me they sit smoothly with the rest of the freq for both male and female vocal, The absolute star of the all star cast is the Lively sweet and extended highs steal my attention then it drifts into the other regions ..and i thought the 50's highs where good!? some of my electronic music sounds utterly beautiful in the treble sweet is the best way to describe it
The soundstage is not as airy as i thought it might be though, the occasional distant cues are entertaining

at times electric guitar sounds more accurate and percussion with the 50's but that is not a reason to miss them, the comfort is miles ahead of the jupiter I the old verson they fit inside my largish ears and if i angle them right i cant tell they are there ut most of the time I can feel all those angles it is not a problem but it is there.

anyway that was my immpressions for anyone still considering grabbing the jupites , picked mine up from here at 450 us , with change for some spiral dots and ted allen spc on the way

plan on sticking to the jupiter for a yr or so then give the andromeda a go , very impressed

Perhaps output impedance of your source will affect the sound a bit like it does for most BA based IEMS. Additionally, for people who are used to a neutral sound signature the Jupiters will sound V-shaped to them. Don't worry about what other people are saying as its subjective from person to person. I was bothered by the upper mids but if you're fine with them then who cares? These are great IEMs, still the best quad driver BA set I've ever heard in my life and probably top 5 out of all IEMs I've owned in the past. :)

I thought that the B-Stock ones I obtained for like $525 last black friday was a great deal but you grabbing a set for $450 is amazing.

P.S I hate foams and I've used Spiral dots for the Orion, Polaris, Jupiter, Nova, and Lyra II and I think they really bring out the sound well in exchange for a small sacrifice in isolation.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #297 of 347
Yeah haha that's the danger of EQ, trying to fix one thing and ending up with 10 other problems :beyersmile:

Personally I feel the Jupiter is overshadowed by the Andro as the Lyra is overshadowed by the Vega but its nice to see someone appreciate these once in a while

Aug 30, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #298 of 347
Its the first yime foams have provided an acceptible fit for me, thought they will be coming straight of as soon as the jvc get here,
these are definatly my fave iems I have owned beating ; jupiter>>>>sm64>asg.2>ie800>umpro50>846>westone4>ie8>gro7 be>westone3 and a few others
in australia they still retail at 1200/1300 so getting them for 650 is not bad atall

its good to know the modern asking prices match the totl items, yrs ago the 3's where some of the best iems that money could buy and could hold their own amongst that list, fast forward and they sound like muffled garbage next to the campfires
its exiting that even with jupiters I have still yet to reach the summit of hifi.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #299 of 347
I think the Jupiters are arguably HiFi as they do sound a lot better than most IEMs already.

They may be no Katana/K10E/Zeus XR/U18/tia Fourte/etc but those cost like $1800+ and you're not likely to be getting 4x the sound quality of the Jupiters ($450).
Some people even prefer the Jupiter to the Andromeda, and even at $1100 or less the Andros can compete with those expensive hard hitters without having 239842947 drivers crammed in a shell.

This guy's listened to a lot of high end IEMs and even the Jupiter is rated very well among that list:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/wip-crinacles-iem-grade-report.857498/

Aug 31, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #300 of 347
On some tracks I can actually hear what you mean, the dip makes them sound overly warm somtimes but only sometimes , I can forgive this but at the same time I wonder why they are tunes so drastically

Users who are viewing this thread

Back