A little about the Campfire Audio Jupiter
Apr 6, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #256 of 347
Got the Jupiter's a few hours ago,sq is slightly brighter than what I expected,but the bass, is very good..IMHO..
Not sure what tips ,they put on these things,from the factory,they look like comply?
,which after using and tip rolling for a few day,I am back to the comply's
Overall good seal,decent comfort,so far.
tip rolling can be a little difficult,with the Jupiter

Mike

Apr 12, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #257 of 347
I have the Jupiters coming in the mail, I haven't had IEM's in years, coming from AKG K550 and looking forward to these. I'd like advice, what's the best suiting DAP I should get for the Jupiter's? -Keep in mind I would like to reduce hiss as much as possible whilst still being able to get the most out of the DAP. Budget of between 100-300 tops.

Hope someone can help.

Apr 12, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #258 of 347
  I have the Jupiters coming in the mail, I haven't had IEM's in years, coming from AKG K550 and looking forward to these. I'd like advice, what's the best suiting DAP I should get for the Jupiter's? -Keep in mind I would like to reduce hiss as much as possible whilst still being able to get the most out of the DAP. Budget of between 100-300 tops.

Hope someone can help.

I'm actually in the same boat; I just got my Jupiters, and am also considering a DAP. I've found that the hiss is extremely noticeable on the Jupiter when plugged into my phone or my Schiit Fulla 2, and the Jupiters need very little if any amplification.

Though a new one would be a bit over $300, I've been considering a Fiio X7 because of the modular amp design, so I could remove the amp when using the Jupiter, and reinstall it when using my over-ear headphones (AKG K7XX). But I'm not sure how well the X7 does with the hissing sound. 

Apr 15, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #259 of 347
  what's the best suiting DAP I should get for the Jupiter's? -Keep in mind I would like to reduce hiss as much as possible whilst still being able to get the most out of the DAP. Budget of between 100-300 tops.

Hope someone can help.

If you have iPhone 5S/6/6S...it is hiss free with Jupiter.
If you want separate good player for good money I would get Xduoo X10, people describe it balance neutral with a little reduce at the top. It should be great pair with Jupiter, unfortunately I did not have chance try it but honestly you do not have much serious options than X10 if you do not have iPhone in my opinion..

May 10, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #262 of 347
How do these look in real life? I was considering getting the b-stock but it looks pink in the pictures from the website while other online pictures have more of a gold color.

Last edited:
May 11, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #263 of 347
How do these look in real life? I was considering getting the b-stock but it looks pink in the pictures from the website while other online pictures have more of a gold color.

I have a pair and they're perfect. I couldn't find a flaw anywhere. There are two versions, one is cerakoted and the other is just anodized. So the colour difference will be a little darker and rougher texture on the cerakote model. Otherwise, they are identical.

The b-stock is definitely bronze, not pink.

May 11, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #264 of 347
Yep, the B-stock are a nice bronze. Nowhere near pink.

And I've had a similar experience to Persco - I bought B-stock expecting some sort of minor flaw, but I, for the life of me, can't find one. They are gorgeous.

May 11, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #265 of 347
I have a pair and they're perfect. I couldn't find a flaw anywhere. There are two versions, one is cerakoted and the other is just anodized. So the colour difference will be a little darker and rougher texture on the cerakote model. Otherwise, they are identical.

The b-stock is definitely bronze, not pink.

Wow you guys are making it hard for me. I was considering going for these or the Andromeda's. I currently have a pair of LCD2s through a Schiit Bifrost -> Lyr2. I like the rich bass sound signature but wish there was more sound stage. Do you guys think I should go for theses or the Andromedas?

Jun 6, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #267 of 347
Oh. My. GOD.

I got my Jupiters today and I'm drowning in the most lush, detailed and genuinely musical sound I've ever heard out of an IEM. These things are stunning. The detail extends far beyond what I was expecting. I'm listening to the Alien score right now and it's like I've never really heard it before.

The highs on these are fantastically dialed. Crystal clear but not even a hint of over sharpness or sibilance. Up front and super detailed mids. Deep authoritative bass. The soundstage is much larger than I expected it to be...

Nothing others haven't said already. I'm just so excited to discover that everyone was right. There's no hype surrounding the Jupiter. It's EXCELLENT. If it improves with moderate burn in I'll be even happier. I can't even imagine how the Andromeda can be better than this, because wow.

Jun 7, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #268 of 347
Found the cosmetic flaw in mine. The casings don't quite line up on one corner. It took a while to spot because it's so subtle and minor.

FYI, ALO Audio has five more pairs of these on their site for $550. Great deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back