A little about the Campfire Audio Jupiter
May 4, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #331 of 347
Hello ghost town,
Can anyone recommend to me a cable that would possibly make the bass on the Jupiter more punchy and possibly making the highs less offensive?
I'm looking to keep this at $150 or less.

Thanks,
Patrick S.

Nov 23, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #334 of 347
Holy thread resurrection. I can't believe these get no attention anymore. I picked up a pair on a whim last week and I am absolutely floored. I've never heard something so resolving but so smooth at the same time. Excellent imaging/soundstage for an IEM. The bass is way dialed down from my previous IEM, the IMR-R1 but sounds just right, never overemphasised. These are tuned pretty much to perfection for my tastes.

Nov 27, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #335 of 347
Holy thread resurrection. I can't believe these get no attention anymore. I picked up a pair on a whim last week and I am absolutely floored. I've never heard something so resolving but so smooth at the same time. Excellent imaging/soundstage for an IEM. The bass is way dialed down from my previous IEM, the IMR-R1 but sounds just right, never overemphasised. These are tuned pretty much to perfection for my tastes.
these do deserve lots more love.i have read of so many who still prefer the jupiter sound to the andromedas.i myself have not heard the andros yet but for now im just enjoying my jupiters

Nov 27, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #336 of 347
these do deserve lots more love.i have read of so many who still prefer the jupiter sound to the andromedas.i myself have not heard the andros yet but for now im just enjoying my jupiters

Yeah, I have no intention to listen to the Andromeda's for now at least. I'm pretty content with these and I'd rather not know if I like the Andros. My wallet can't take much more, lol.

Nov 28, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #338 of 347
The main differences between the Andro and Jupiter come down to mainly 2 things:

1. The highs are more extended on the Andros but it can become sharp/peaky to some people while the Jupiter still has great extension but is more relaxed and never really had any harshness, at least for me.
2. The upper mids of the Jupiter are a bit pulled back in comparison to the Andros, hence the more V-shaped tuning of the Jupiters.

I've owned both and really a lot of it comes down to preference, I've enjoyed both. If money wasn't an issue I'd still pick the Andros overall but the Jupiter was my gateway drug into the Campfire family

Nov 28, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #339 of 347
The main differences between the Andro and Jupiter come down to mainly 2 things:

1. The highs are more extended on the Andros but it can become sharp/peaky to some people while the Jupiter still has great extension but is more relaxed and never really had any harshness, at least for me.
2. The upper mids of the Jupiter are a bit pulled back in comparison to the Andros, hence the more V-shaped tuning of the Jupiters.

I've owned both and really a lot of it comes down to preference, I've enjoyed both. If money wasn't an issue I'd still pick the Andros overall but the Jupiter was my gateway drug into the Campfire family
there are those who think the andros are "head and shoulders" above the jupiters.you say it really comes to down to personal preference.many people do agree with that one isnt necessarily better than the other but just different sounding.this makes me contemplate whether or not i should pay more money for the andromedas.im not sure if it's worth it.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 12:38 AM Post #340 of 347
It's because with both iems we are in diminishing returns territory. The Andros do not sound $400 better than the Jupiter, similarly the Tia Fourte doesn't sound $2000 better than the Andros, etc. At a certain point I chose what would let me enjoy my music more, and that doesn't necessarily mean the most technically resolving or capable one many times. There also needs to be consideration that higher end stuff also scales with equipment. The Andros are so fussy and change their sound for better or worse depending on the OI of your source.

Overall Jupiter's suffer the same middle child problems of getting ignored along with the likes of the lower priced models because it's overshadowed by the likes of the Solaris, Atlas, Andro, etc. Campfire did a really good job considering the Jupiter was one of the first items they released when the company was new

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #341 of 347
It's because with both iems we are in diminishing returns territory. The Andros do not sound $400 better than the Jupiter, similarly the Tia Fourte doesn't sound $2000 better than the Andros, etc. At a certain point I chose what would let me enjoy my music more, and that doesn't necessarily mean the most technically resolving or capable one many times. There also needs to be consideration that higher end stuff also scales with equipment. The Andros are so fussy and change their sound for better or worse depending on the OI of your source.

Overall Jupiter's suffer the same middle child problems of getting ignored along with the likes of the lower priced models because it's overshadowed by the likes of the Solaris, Atlas, Andro, etc. Campfire did a really good job considering the Jupiter was one of the first items they released when the company was new.
you made some great points.i am one of many who have fallen into the campfire andromeda hype yet have not bought them.for now my wallet will heal until the next impulse purchase.:ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #342 of 347
I just heard this the other day. Recessed mids, likely upper-mids. So try tracks with vocals because some tracks that doesn't emphasize that area, it's not noticeable. Noticible mids recession. The tuning should be better than this at $799. One of the worst value I've encountered.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #343 of 347
I just heard this the other day. Recessed mids, likely upper-mids. So try tracks with vocals because some tracks that doesn't emphasize that area, it's not noticeable. Noticible mids recession. The tuning should be better than this at $799. One of the worst value I've encountered.
I found a used pair for around $375 which I used for around 6 months before I had to sell them. It was my first higher end iem so I can't really make any comparisons but I really enjoyed them. The well-done sparkly but not sibilant treble, details, and soundstage were what made me love it. One of my favorite purchases in this hobby. The only thing that really annoyed me was the hiss due to their sensitivity. However, an ie match could have solved that issue I think.

Sep 9, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #344 of 347
Looking back I'd still argue that the Jupiters are extremely technically proficient at what they do, but the tonality came off a bit wonky due to the gap in the lower mids. The Andromedas mostly fixed this but in terms of pure resolution I think they were pretty close. From what I've read so far the Andro 2020 improves even more on the previous versions in terms of tonality while retaining its signature technical prowess. Both the Orion and Jupiter were a good first attempt at entering the IEM market from ALO back in the day. Fun Times.

Sep 10, 2020 at 3:33 AM Post #345 of 347
I desagree with silver. Jupiter is clean, good technical, dynamic, spacious, also pleasent tones with warmer source, also not as sensitive as Andro so you can use happily with phone. It is more V sound but sometimes it can be good thing to not have vocals in the head mainly with iems, Andro is definitely more forward.
I tried some popular lowend Tin T2 and Tansio Mirai and sound was horrible. Something like Jupiter from second hand is gold against it and can be compare with kilobucks iems.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back