A-GD Tenor TE8802 Thread (Installation, Successes, Problems, Troubleshooting)
Sep 25, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #16 of 64
Quote:
What should I set the buffer at?

As low as possible, but not so low that your PC cant handle it. Set the "buffer length" first in foobar. Lower it slowly in increments, play a track after every step and see if the audio stays intact. Listen for jumps or pops, set it higher when this occurs. When you can multi-task and listen at the same time it should be about right. Do the same for the buffer size in the audio-gd control panel as well.

Here's a good example, that's on a 3 year old quad and playing from a standard hard disk, if the ASIO is working it should say "Active-Start" when playing something. As for the the Blue screen you might want to completely clear the driver off your system, restart and then install it again cleanly.

Sep 25, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #17 of 64
Cheers for giving me these responses Spamaerie! I'm in the process of adjusting the buffer lengths right now.

Is it not smart to have the audio-GD's buffer size on "auto adjustment"? - in case you play songs with diff quality!

Sep 25, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #18 of 64
Quote:
Is it not smart to have the audio-GD's buffer size on "auto adjustment"? - in case you play songs with diff quality!

Keep it on auto while your tweaking the buffer length in foobar, then set it manually. I cant be sure what it actually does on "auto adjustment",  my best guess, its there for convenience only. 

Sep 25, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #19 of 64
Then I suppouse I should tune it after my best quality files, one of my best is hans zimmer's the dark knight rises, it runs on 9600 BYTE vs my other files which are 2200 BYTE. The stupid thing is, I have very few good quality files, so it kinda makes little sense tuning it after the best files I have (which I almost don't listen to!)

Sep 25, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #20 of 64
Quote:
Then I suppouse I should tune it after my best quality files, one of my best is hans zimmer's the dark knight rises, it runs on 9600 BYTE vs my other files which are 2200 BYTE. The stupid thing is, I have very few good quality files, so it kinda makes little sense tuning it after the best files I have (which I almost don't listen to!)

All my music is @ 44.1/16bit so I never have to fiddle around with my settings. But yes the buffers will likely have to be set higher for a higher bit-rate or depth. You could always convert it all to the same though.

Sep 26, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #21 of 64
Misios, have exactly the same problem with my NFB15.1 on win7 x64. I have tested it on notebook with XP on it - and it happens not so often, but also happens. Tried different drivers from audio-gd site and also just more bugs appeared. But  when I use it not as a default sound device and use only ASIO drivers in foobar - it seems to be working. I tested it for 36 hours and after that time it was kinda hot and also stopped playing music (It was with Gain swith switched to High, which is definetly more hotter option than Low one). Also when it stops playing using DS - I usually can not delete/stop the device from Control Panel, but if I stop it somehow through drivers - it sends driver message that device can not be started.
Motherboard - Gigabyte on Intel B75 chipset.

I haven't got any BSOD yet, but sound dissapears usually when I open some youtube videos in browser. If not from first video then definetly within 10 videos. 

Sep 26, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #22 of 64
I only had a BOSD once, and it happened so suddenly, not sure what caused it. But yeah, I pretty much have the same problems as you, but after I swapped to ASIO it seems to be running more smoothly, even though i'd rather hvae it on normal output to avoid ASIO. If you find a sollution to avoid ASIO please post it here! = )

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #23 of 64
1) Your device-  NFB 10.2

2) Your OS- W7x64 and OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.1

3) Media players you are using

Windows
Foobar

OSX
Fidelia
Amarra Hifi
Decibel

4) Output (WASAPI, Kernel Streaming, Direct Sound, Native ASIO driver, ASIO4ALL etc.)

Windows
ASIO driver
WASAPI
KS
DS
ASIO4ALL

OSX
N/A

5) Any problems with installation (BSODs, dropouts, delays, playing hi-rez etc.)

Where do I begin?
Let me start by saying I did not try with different hardware. It may just be that my curent desktop just HATES the TE8802 chip.

PC Specs
p8z68-v pro/gen3
i7 2600k
16gb gskill ram
128gb ssd
500gb hdd
gtx 480

Mac Specs
Mac Mini MC815LL/A

Experience on Windows 7x64

foobar->ASIO driver
Worked without issues but confuses me. When I'm playing a 16/44 flac, the stream status still shows whatever you set it to (ex 24/192) so does it playback at the correct bitdepth/samplerate of the source? I'll have to dig up the email I got from kingwa in regards to this question.

foobar->WASAPI (latest)
Did not work! Sound would start then cut off. Launching another track would not start playback either. Tested with both modes. I still haven't tried the older wasapi. I'll update once I have.

foobar->KS
Worked with one issue. When playing back 24/88.2 flacs. I would get blue screen when trying to change positions of the track. ONLY happened with 24/88.2 flacs. Could be an issue with the ks driver/tenor combination.

foobar->ASIO4ALL
Did not work! Stutter galore! Played around with the buffer and it would just not work.

foobar->DS
Worked without issue. I set the bitdepth along with the sample rate through the audio-gd gui and forgot about it. But I want the stream to switch based on the source. Why was this "auto" feature included in XP and not W7?

So in my experience..DS, ASIO driver and KS (with that one issue) worked.

Experience on ML 10.8.1
I won't go into too much detail. Just know that the driver is not ready for macs. But, some of the issues may have to do with the players themselves (lack of buffer setting, ect).

Fidelia
Worked! Heavy CPU load when loading high rez flacs into buffer which may cause initial jitters for some.

Amarra Hifi
Did not work! Software would not find the usb source. When it did and I finally had playback through amarra, it would jitter.

Decibel
Worked! Jitters with high rez files though.

Verdict?
I've given up getting it to work under my main rigs. I'm building a mini-itx music server (planned for awhile) with windows xp so I'll just run the TE8802 through it in the mean time and control foobar via my iphone when I JUST want to listen to music. The PC and MAC will be connected through coax and toslink.

This is my experience folks. I'm sure others are loving their TE8802 chip. *cough* heatfan 
tongue.gif

Sep 26, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #24 of 64
Hah yeah, hopefully they will make the drivers better, it's kind of a hassle having to deal with an unstable unit! (kinda expected the drivers/unit to work with less problems)

I can get it to work through ASIO, but you'd expect the other outputs to work as well. 

Oct 3, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #26 of 64
Solved my issue with USB by changing motherboard to another one with Optical output. Asio4all + optical out resolved issue. Also DS works in this setup. It is  actually strange solving, but I can not find another one. Seems like waiting for new driver version is the only one way.

Oct 5, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #27 of 64
1) Your device-  NFB-15.1

2) Your OS- Mountain Lion 10.8.2

3) Media players you are using- iTunes, Audirvana, Clementine

4) Output (WASAPI, Kernel Streaming, Direct Sound, Native ASIO driver, ASIO4ALL etc.)- NA

5) Any problems with installation, BSODs, dropouts, delays, playing hi-rez etc.- Sound keeps dropping out randomly. I've got it to work at the moment by standing on one leg with an arm raised. I'm scared to move in case it happens again.

I got no information with the unit. Is that standard? This is my first amp and have no idea what I am meant to do with it in regards to setting it up, if anything. I posted something similar in the impressions thread so could do with some assistance.

Cheers

Oct 5, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #28 of 64
Some of the blue screens or drop outs of audio can be attributed to whatever cable is coming from the pc, to the back of the unit in question. I have had problems when just accidentally moving the usb cable when the unit is powered on. Causing the audio-gd driver to drain my cpu (amongst other things). Forcing a reset. The cable not being properly plugged in, has also caused this.

Oct 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #29 of 64
Quote:
1) Your device-  NFB-15.1

2) Your OS- Mountain Lion 10.8.2

3) Media players you are using- iTunes, Audirvana, Clementine

4) Output (WASAPI, Kernel Streaming, Direct Sound, Native ASIO driver, ASIO4ALL etc.)- NA

5) Any problems with installation, BSODs, dropouts, delays, playing hi-rez etc.- Sound keeps dropping out randomly. I've got it to work at the moment by standing on one leg with an arm raised. I'm scared to move in case it happens again.

I got no information with the unit. Is that standard? This is my first amp and have no idea what I am meant to do with it in regards to setting it up, if anything. I posted something similar in the impressions thread so could do with some assistance.

Cheers

Try Fidelia and set it to exclusive mode. Let me know if you're still experiencing issues. I found the te8802 not to work too well under mac. Driver issue or software issue..not sure.

Oct 9, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #30 of 64
crashing so many times with the TE8802 chip atm, either computer CPU goes 100% and I need to force a shutdown, or I bluescreen.

Why is the driver actually ASIO? I mean, it says non active when I use spotify and other windows stuff - it doesn't make sense to me.

When I use foobar I use ASIO, and it's alright. I don't have problems with that.

watching youtube videos severely slows down my computer and sometimes it crashes.

I'm not really sure anymore what causes this, it worked fine for a while when I initially switched to ASIO @ foobar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back