A-GD Tenor TE8802 Thread (Installation, Successes, Problems, Troubleshooting)
Nov 14, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #46 of 64
usb-driver-wise you are up to date. nevertheless, too high dpc latencies with the tenor te8802 driver. as you can see, with your Fiio E17 everything is cool. but this is another chip and does not support async mode afaik.

Nov 14, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #47 of 64
yes, unfortunately. I find it weird that other people aren't reporting these problems as well. Hopefully the next drivers tenor makes is more stable than the current ones.

ps: thanks for the help Jollyjoggler :)

Nov 14, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #48 of 64
Quote:
yes, unfortunately. I find it weird that other people aren't reporting these problems as well. Hopefully the next drivers tenor makes is more stable than the current ones.

ps: thanks for the help Jollyjoggler :)

thank you for your efforts! if other people don´t hear clicks/pops or experince audio dropouts/buffer underruns, then they have no reason to investigate any further or they don´t have enough IT expertise to troubleshoot the stuff. some guys immediately sell or send back stuff not working on their systems . simple as that.

I do also hope that the manufacturer of the chip http://www.gfec.com.tw will do his homework right with the next update.

aren´t we customers all guinea pigs? this is a symptom of our times ... unfortunately.

Jan 19, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #49 of 64
Good afternoon! I'm from Ukraine. Have available Audio GD 17.2 chip Tenor TE8802. Everything was fine as long as I started listening to music from a very large bitrate (5600kbit / s). This stream SACD-R which is played through foobar plugin using DSD-PCM (176400/24 ​​bit) & ASIO The sound is very high quality and is not comparable to loslless and CD-Audio. But in playing problems - see blue box crash Windows error USB device. Kingve wrote, he says Tenor release a new driver in March and possibly fix the problem. I would like you to help me as far as possible - Suggest a site producer Tenor, since I can not find. Maybe you have another idea of ​​what that? ! PS. And yet - problems with DSD-PCM on the sound card is not, so it's not a problem with the plugin and the player

Mar 24, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #52 of 64
I wrote about the promised Kingva finalized driver, but the answer is not yet, apparently the manufacturer does not want to finish off Tenors drivers. At the same time AudioGD Tenor not profitable to develop, as they are actively developing USB-32

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #54 of 64
Audio-GD / Kingwa has new drivers v1.2.  

So far, I haven't had any blue screens.  been running it all day.

Email him for it, or send me a message and I can email it to ya.

Jun 8, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #56 of 64
Quote:
clarity seem to have improved a bit on my setup. anyone else feel the same?

With the previous drivers and WIN 7 (64) + Foobar: ASIO was mostly ok with occasional stops, WASAPI 3 was not functioning (WASAPI 2 was ok but it required 2-3 clicks when changing bit rate), KS was prone to BSODs. USB3 had issues.

With V1.2 driver & Foobar 1.2.6: ASIO & WASAPI 3 are ok, KS produces occasional stops but no BSODs. USB3 is ok.

I can't hear any sound improvement, but having no stops at all and being able to move seamlessly in playlists is nice.
ASIO, WASAPI and KS produce very similar sound for me. I have settled to WASAPI mainly for having other sound sources blocked.

Oct 19, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #58 of 64
I updated my Macbook to the new OS X yesterday and now my NFB-3.2 doesn't work via USB. Did anybody encounter a similar problem or has an idea how to fix it? I currently don't have a Toslink cable, so I have to boot Win 7 everytime I want to listen to music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back