A firmware patch to enable Google Play store in M11/M11PRO/M15 based on the SoC used--Samsung 7872
Mar 7, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #31 of 137
Let me clarify on this issue (UAPP vs Fiio) a bit more... In that mail allegedly UAPP team (whatever that means) seems to imply that somehow Fiio put on the market a piece of hardware that can fool the A in the MQA. That sounds preposterous to me. The second logical implication seems to me that somehow (sounds already a bit like Better Call Saul, isnt it?) Fiio succeeded not only to break the authentication code in the very core of the MQA but also managed to take over...somehow... the UAPP software and made it to execute commands contrary to the very first intention of that software makers (i.e. to show the MQA logo when no MQA decoding is taking place and to accordingly show the blue or green dot even when no MQA or MQA studio material is unfolded). Sounds a bit Trump fighting Huawei meeting Startrek extravaganza to me, no offence.

Mar 7, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #32 of 137
A classic What you see is not what you get. I honestly cant argue on sound engineers matter. What they imply is then that Fiio is a fraud, quite a harsh statement I agree, but life is short. We will see (or hear). I still cant get it why would MQA work in Fiio's own software but not in UAPP's? The MQA works, in my opinion and according my ears, because I have paid the UAPP's additional MQA fee (in app purchase) when I first bought the software on my android mobile phone. If MQA works accordingly on my Samsung S9+, it would work also on Fiio's M11Pro android based DAP. But who can tell for sure?
M11Pro/M15 only support MQA in the FiiO app, so local purchased MQA files would work, but not anything streamed from a third party app until FiiO enables via firmware (which they estimated back in December would be available around March, but it’s likely Coronavirus related delays will impact that availability). It’s likely for both Tidal or UAPP the software is still completing the first unfold, but the DAC isn’t doing any subsequent unfolds to the full resolution.

This is why FiiO needs to display the current sample rate in the status bar (which they told a user on Facebook they would enable).

Mar 7, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #33 of 137
Let me clarify on this issue (UAPP vs Fiio) a bit more... In that mail allegedly UAPP team (whatever that means) seems to imply that somehow Fiio put on the market a piece of hardware that can fool the A in the MQA. That sounds preposterous to me. The second logical implication seems to me that somehow (sounds already a bit like Better Call Saul, isnt it?) Fiio succeeded not only to break the authentication code in the very core of the MQA but also managed to take over...somehow... the UAPP software and made it to execute commands contrary to the very first intention of that software makers (i.e. to show the MQA logo when no MQA decoding is taking place and to accordingly show the blue or green dot even when no MQA or MQA studio material is unfolded). Sounds a bit Trump fighting Huawei meeting Startrek extravaganza to me, no offence.
There’s no controversy because it doesn’t support MQA in third party apps yet. It’s that simple.

15E2347F-B567-4515-8E3E-1715FB97171A.jpeg

A6B616B1-1013-4AC0-9E9C-76778F2620DC.jpeg

24C7968C-984E-4469-9982-4F6B5B4E851C.jpeg

Mar 8, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #36 of 137
can I download an apk file of uapp and use it on the fiio m11? and then log into my google account to verify my purchase of uapp?
Yes...

Mar 8, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #37 of 137
UUAP works now with apk extractor .
Still, the Qobuz App problems continue.

Installed the new Qobuz app (the one with the dark mode 5.6.2) on the @FiiO M11, clearly in the hope that I finally could enjoy my rather expensive Qobuz subscription.
All my hopes are gone, if anything it is worse. After I pressed the icon for the first time, it took approx.10 minutes to start for the first time. Then it asked me if I wanted to use the new dark mode. After I confirmed that it went „dark“ and again we are back to 10 minutes for starting. It is just horrible.
Downloads in simple 44.1 are still taking ages, compared to Amazon Music HD in Ultra HD or Spotify in the best quality. Very often they do not work at all.
They really want me to quit.
Don`t forget the German Qobuz team recommended the FiiO M11: https://www.qobuz.com/ch-de/info/Hi-Fi/Bancs-d-essai/Best-of-Hi-Fi-2019-Die-besten-Hi182629

Mar 8, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #39 of 137
I did a format after installing the google play store but it still remains there after the format. @FiiO are new purchased devices such as m11 pro will come with preinstalled google play store?

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #41 of 137
same experience as you... dropped qobuz altogether it was nearly unusable
You installed google play services?
Qobuz work fine for me in qobuz app and inside uapp...
And Apple music work too...

Mar 8, 2020 at 8:33 PM Post #45 of 137
Works like a charm. Just downloaded the zip file (no need to unzip it), accessed it via Technical Support and it installed quite fast. So far, the Play Store detected all the apps I installed via APKPure, EXCEPT for Fiio Music (did not even appear in my Installed apps in Google Play). I cannot update it. I can only think of the following reasons:
  1. The standalone app is version 1.1.8 and the Google Play app is also 1.1.8, so logically, there may be no need for an update. Still doesn't answer why it's not showing anywhere in My Apps & Games.
  2. The standalone app is technically different and needs to be uninstalled first before I can download the Google Play app. But since it is built-in in the M11, I cannot uninstall it at will. Fiio may need to provide a solution for this so UPDATING THE APP BECOMES A LOT EASIER.
Nonetheless, this is a minor gripe. I'm now able to install Youtube and Youtube Music. Google Play access + all their features makes the Fiio players the absolute value in audiophilia. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back