A firmware patch to enable Google Play store in M11/M11PRO/M15 based on the SoC used--Samsung 7872
Mar 6, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #17 of 137
I don't know what you mean by "...google folder put In SD.."??? But isn't your question answered right in the original post:

"...Copy the firmware package file to the internal memory or micro SD card; Open "Technical Support" app on the M11/M11PRO/M15->enter the "Firmware Update" menu->select the firmware package file to upgrade.
Note: The Google Play partial library will prompt for updates after connecting to the Wifi for the first time. Restart it so that you could use it normally. ...."

Tried with M11 to update, google folder put In SD. How do you update exactly. I opened the local update and the folder but don’t see a button to start the update.

Mar 7, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #21 of 137
Working uapp 5.4.7 versión!!!
You need to buy the app on your mobile, use apk extractor and install it in fiio m11.
Enjoy!
You mean buy UAPP through the Google Play store on your Android mobile? And then extract an apk from it? And after that install it on the Fiio using APKPure? If so, why need the firmware update to enable the Play store on the Fiio? Btw, I don't have an Android phone. So I can't get UAPP on my Fiio? Even with the Play store installed? Because it does not show up in a search.
Meanwhile I looked under My apps in the Play store, the tab Library. And there I found UAPP, which I have bought a year ago on my previous DAP with Play store. Tapping on it showed the info of UAPP but also the text: Your device isn't compatible with this version. So I'm totally stuck. UAPP was the only reason for me to have the Play store.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2020 at 6:49 AM Post #22 of 137
that is, I made the purchase from my Android mobile to have the license linked to my Google account later with apk extractor you get to recover the installation file and by bluetooth you send it to the cold you install it and you run it the services of Google and the Play store It is necessary because you have to be able to activate a Google account in your cold but the license cannot validate you and the program will not work for you.

Mar 7, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #23 of 137
that is, I made the purchase from my Android mobile to have the license linked to my Google account later with apk extractor you get to recover the installation file and by bluetooth you send it to the cold you install it and you run it the services of Google and the Play store It is necessary because you have to be able to activate a Google account in your cold but the license cannot validate you and the program will not work for you.

I contacted the makers of UAPP and they sent me the following:

Unfortunately, the FiiO is misconfigured in such a way that the Play Store thinks it does not support USB host mode (which is a requirement for installing the app). Please ask FiiO to correct this.
Furthermore, we have purchased a M11 PRO recently and tried to get the HiRes mode working. Although we got it to work partially, it does not seem to change sample rates, so we sent an email to FiiO. After a long time they replied, but nothing came out of it yet.

So, assuming Fiio is following this thread: could you please make the necesseray changes? Because installing the Play store is not enough.

Mar 7, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #24 of 137
From UAPP team:

Unfortunately, the firmware is misconfigured in such a way that the Play Store thinks it does not support USB host mode (which is a requirement for installing the app). Please ask FiiO to correct this.

Furthermore, we have purchased a M11 PRO recently and tried to get the HiRes mode working. Although we got it to work partially, it does not seem to change sample rates, so we sent an email to FiiO. After a long time they replied, but nothing came out of it yet.

If you know of other apps that can do HiRes on the FiiO (other than the FiiO Music app) and know a bit on ADB, then please let me know.

You can install UAPP however by this link:
http://www.audio-evolution.com/priv_downloads/USBAudioPlayerPRO_5.4.7.apk

(although you wouldn't receive the full quality)
Can anyone validate that an app like Qobuz or Amazon music is actually playing at variable high resolutions?

@FiiO @WianFiiO any feedback?

Mar 7, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #25 of 137
Just did the firmware update. Because Android file transfer has been completely unusable with my mac no matter what version or whatever procedure I try I accomplished it using the wireless transfer function within the FiiO Music App... put the file in the internal memory and followed the directions above... updated firmware locally... worked perfectly... signed into google... no issues... downloaded and installed full paid version of Neutron... no issues.

Mar 7, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #26 of 137
Dear friends,

First of all, from the horses mouth: latest UAPP extracted as Mithrandir1980 instructed above works as supposed on my Fiio M11Pro. No hi-res issues whatsoever. Do as instructed before reading all the marketing bs floating around on the internet :wink:
On the same problem: the firmware patch should be put on the SD card as downloaded (zip file) DO NOT extract the folder.

Mar 7, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #28 of 137
Dear friends,

First of all, from the horses mouth: latest UAPP extracted as Mithrandir1980 instructed above works as supposed on my Fiio M11Pro. No hi-res issues whatsoever. Do as instructed before reading all the marketing bs floating around on the internet :wink:
On the same problem: the firmware patch should be put on the SD card as downloaded (zip file) DO NOT extract the folder.
UAPP themselves have said they have not been able to get M11 Pro to switch sample rates in HiRes. So it might be playing, but you’re not getting the HiRes you think you are.
Another example, UAPP shows MQA green/blue light on Tidal streams in the interface, but you know it’s not unfolding because FiiO hasn’t enabled third party MQA support yet.

Mar 7, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #29 of 137
Is there any reason why these devices run anciest android software? Even low end smartphone devices have at least android 9 so what's Fiio's excuse for this ridiculous old software? They want 1500€ here in Europe for their m15 and give me android 7, why are all these android based daps from China running old software? Can someone please explain, thanks

Mar 7, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #30 of 137
UAPP themselves have said they have not been able to get M11 Pro to switch sample rates in HiRes. So it might be playing, but you’re not getting the HiRes you think you are.
Another example, UAPP shows MQA green/blue light on Tidal streams in the interface, but you know it’s not unfolding because FiiO hasn’t enabled third party MQA support yet.

A classic What you see is not what you get. I honestly cant argue on sound engineers matter. What they imply is then that Fiio is a fraud, quite a harsh statement I agree, but life is short. We will see (or hear). I still cant get it why would MQA work in Fiio's own software but not in UAPP's? The MQA works, in my opinion and according my ears, because I have paid the UAPP's additional MQA fee (in app purchase) when I first bought the software on my android mobile phone. If MQA works accordingly on my Samsung S9+, it would work also on Fiio's M11Pro android based DAP. But who can tell for sure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back