A firmware patch to enable Google Play store in M11/M11PRO/M15 based on the SoC used--Samsung 7872
Mar 8, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #48 of 137
There’s no controversy because it doesn’t support MQA in third party apps yet. It’s that simple.

24C7968C-984E-4469-9982-4F6B5B4E851C.jpeg

I don't know why people are fussing over MQA. It is NOT lossless, and there is no more than one unfold (which, if you look closely at the diagrams in the image and do the numbers, make it pretty obvious). Most of their other claims have, over the past few years, been shown to be false as well. Manufacturers are avoiding them and they are losing money hand-over-fist. It'll be dead tech in a few years.

Mar 9, 2020 at 2:45 AM Post #49 of 137
Works like a charm. Just downloaded the zip file (no need to unzip it), accessed it via Technical Support and it installed quite fast. So far, the Play Store detected all the apps I installed via APKPure, EXCEPT for Fiio Music (did not even appear in my Installed apps in Google Play). I cannot update it. I can only think of the following reasons:
  1. The standalone app is version 1.1.8 and the Google Play app is also 1.1.8, so logically, there may be no need for an update. Still doesn't answer why it's not showing anywhere in My Apps & Games.
  2. The standalone app is technically different and needs to be uninstalled first before I can download the Google Play app. But since it is built-in in the M11, I cannot uninstall it at will. Fiio may need to provide a solution for this so UPDATING THE APP BECOMES A LOT EASIER.
Nonetheless, this is a minor gripe. I'm now able to install Youtube and Youtube Music. Google Play access + all their features makes the Fiio players the absolute value in audiophilia. :)

Just discovered that after the update, can't log-in to Netflix anymore. Not that it matters to everyone, but just in case people use their Fiios for this purpose, just letting you know. Also can't search Netflix in Google Play (most likely because the current version is not supported by the M11's Android 7). Already did the registration instructions at the beginning of this thread. Will try again in 24 hours, if that "refreshes" anything.

Mar 9, 2020 at 2:48 AM Post #50 of 137
Just discovered that after the update, can't log-in to Netflix anymore. Not that it matters to everyone, but just in case people use their Fiios for this purpose, just letting you know. Also can't search Netflix in Google Play (most likely because the current version is not supported by the M11's Android 7). Already did the registration instructions at the beginning of this thread. Will try again in 24 hours, if that "refreshes" anything.

Oh well, it's working now. But I have the apk for version 4.16.4, which is the latest version that M11 accepts (still not taken from Google Play). :)

Mar 9, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #53 of 137
There’s no controversy because it doesn’t support MQA in third party apps yet. It’s that simple.

What is happening right now on my dap, in your opinion? I see UAPP playing MQA content, blue dot lighted on M11Pro. How come?

20200309_133547.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #54 of 137
Why worry about the legitimacy of the Google Play Market?
FiiO has taken a step towards users of its products!
And she gave an address where everyone can get certified from their account with information on how to do it!
Google is deeply indifferent to who and by what method will use their products, in any case, FiiO has somehow taken a step to increase demand!
And the lack of some applications for FiiO products in the Google play store is not due to what the USB AUDIO PRO Developer wrote!
And the fact that in every android device there is a build.prop file in which certain data is registered! This data is simply not available at Google, and therefore Google does not know what applications can be installed on the FiiO device!

Mar 9, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #55 of 137
Why worry about the legitimacy of the Google Play Market?
FiiO has taken a step towards users of its products!
And she gave an address where everyone can get certified from their account with information on how to do it!
Google is deeply indifferent to who and by what method will use their products, in any case, FiiO has somehow taken a step to increase demand!
And the lack of some applications for FiiO products in the Google play store is not due to what the USB AUDIO PRO Developer wrote!
And the fact that in every android device there is a build.prop file in which certain data is registered! This data is simply not available at Google, and therefore Google does not know what applications can be installed on the FiiO device!
Still nobody is answering my question

Mar 9, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #57 of 137
I don't know why people are fussing over MQA. It is NOT lossless, and there is no more than one unfold (which, if you look closely at the diagrams in the image and do the numbers, make it pretty obvious). Most of their other claims have, over the past few years, been shown to be false as well. Manufacturers are avoiding them and they are losing money hand-over-fist. It'll be dead tech in a few years.

REALLY... Currawong, this is not the place for MQA haters to start trolling. If yo do not like MQA don't listen to it.

Mar 9, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #58 of 137
Still nobody is answering my question
Android is open source. FiiO's merely working around two issues. 1. Their own firmware design. 2. China's restrictions on Google Play access. Companies that operate out of China have provided multiple versions of firmware, one for those devices sold in China and units designated for international sale.

So, FiiO's use here is legit.

Another way to tell is this: If FiiO had done this process to enable Google Play in house prior to shipping a single M11/Pro/15 international unit, would we be questioning its legitimacy?

If the answer to that question is a clear "no" - and I think it is - then that's the answer to your question now.

Mar 9, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #59 of 137
Hello ,

After an inquiry with USB Player Pro they emailed me
Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting us. We are working on it.

Kind regards,
Note that this version will expire after some time, so it's best to
install the next official version which will be uploaded FiiO M11 M11 Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back