A "basshead's" unexpected experiences from demoing a little more neutrally balanced headphones...
Nov 12, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #16 of 17
The same proverb is present in the world of guitar amplifiers: When I was 13 my band had three guitarists and our amp settings were bass: 10 mid: 0 treble: 10.

It didn't sound good at all, but our 20watt line6 practice amps had such terrible, nasal midrange that it made us think we found a clever way around it. Once you play a perfectly intonated guitar into a boutique tube amplifier this necessity ends.

Nov 12, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #17 of 17
Quote:
The same proverb is present in the world of guitar amplifiers: When I was 13 my band had three guitarists and our amp settings were bass: 10 mid: 0 treble: 10.

It didn't sound good at all, but our 20watt line6 practice amps had such terrible, nasal midrange that it made us think we found a clever way around it. Once you play a perfectly intonated guitar into a boutique tube amplifier this necessity ends.

lol it's like this on most amps, that aren't really pricey. bass to whatever setting mid 2-5 treble 5-9. You gotta work with what you got with such basic EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back