AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Dec 17, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #2,581 of 3,648
I decided not to order the ascension. So,
your recommendation and advice to cancel my order isn’t warranted or relevant.

I was merely pointing out that it wasn’t right to tell people to stop whining and it is favouritism and cherry picking, as I know people who’ve purchased several Aür iem’s who weren’t selected for the first batch (excluding the Japan orders), but others were, when they haven’t been loyal customers for as long and/or have purchased less iem’s than them.

So perhaps consider the facts and circumstances in future, before you make baseless presumptions
Just wondering since you did not order, no skin in the game, why are you stirring discontent?

Dec 17, 2023 at 7:00 AM Post #2,582 of 3,648
I decided not to order the ascension. So,
your recommendation and advice to cancel my order isn’t warranted or relevant.

I was merely pointing out that it wasn’t right to tell people to stop whining and it is favouritism and cherry picking, as I know people who’ve purchased several Aür iem’s who weren’t selected for the first batch (excluding the Japan orders), but others were, when they haven’t been loyal customers for as long and/or have purchased less iem’s than them.

So perhaps consider the facts and circumstances in future, before you make baseless presumptions

right back at you.

and what you said makes you the authority in the matter. got it.

Dec 17, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #2,583 of 3,648
right back at you.

and what you said makes you the authority in the matter. got it.
Right back at me? I didn’t make any baseless assumptions, you did.

No, but this is a forum for audio enthusiasts. You and a couple of others are quick to come on here and shut ppl down who aren’t happy with something because you disagree. The hypocrisy of your authority statement…

Anyway, I’ll leave it there. There’s no benefit or agenda for me here, I didn’t order it.

I just feel bad for others who did, who’ve been loyal, bought most of the Aür iem’s, only to be told that a selection of people have jumped the queue ahead of them. I don’t think that’s unreasonable, but we’ll have to agree to disagree there.

Like you said, ultimately they can either just deal with it or cancel their order if they’re not happy. I just don’t think that’s a good attitude to have, personally.

Dec 17, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #2,584 of 3,648
Just wondering since you did not order, no skin in the game, why are you stirring discontent?
I just didn’t like how a few people who’ve expressed a bit of dissatisfaction were quickly shut down and told to stop whining and deal with or cancel their order if they’re not happy. I wouldn’t say that’s stirring discontent?

I havent bad mouthed Aür or Nic, at all. They make fantastic iem’s, the ascension will be a hit for sure, and it’s extremely well priced in my opinion.

The wait times are also clearly stated. I don’t think that’s the issue here though, and the real issue has been overlooked and continually dismissed.

Dec 17, 2023 at 7:56 AM Post #2,585 of 3,648
Right back at me? I didn’t make any baseless assumptions, you did.

No, but this is a forum for audio enthusiasts. You and a couple of others are quick to come on here and shut ppl down who aren’t happy with something because you disagree. The hypocrisy of your authority statement…

Anyway, I’ll leave it there. There’s no benefit or agenda for me here, I didn’t order it.

I just feel bad for others who did, who’ve been loyal, bought most of the Aür iem’s, only to be told that a selection of people have jumped the queue ahead of them. I don’t think that’s unreasonable, but we’ll have to agree to disagree there.

Like you said, ultimately they can either just deal with it or cancel their order if they’re not happy. I just don’t think that’s a good attitude to have, personally.

Guess i have to be direct.

Someone who got upset because "people he knew" who bought "many AuR iems" were not selected but others were, is exactly what favoritism is.
The fact that the company fulfilled orders NOT in the order mentioned, is exactly how a fair company works.

Which makes you a hypocrite of your very own statement.

Dec 17, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #2,586 of 3,648
Guess i have to be direct.

Someone who got upset because "people he knew" who bought "many AuR iems" were not selected but others were, is exactly what favoritism is.
The fact that the company fulfilled orders NOT in the order mentioned, is exactly how a fair company works.

Which makes you a hypocrite of your very own statement.
I genuinely cannot make sense of your response or understand how I’m a hypocrite from my statement.

You’re obviously quite passionate about this and emotional in your responses. I think it’s best we just leave it there.

Dec 17, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #2,587 of 3,648
Exactly.

Good grief some of you guys sound like school kids eager to get the latest toy as soon as possible complaining because mummy she isn’t going to the toy store soon enough to keep you happy !

Even worse your grizzling is started by someone who probably has no direct knowledge complaining about some perceived VIP treatment, someone who it appears isn’t even remotely close to AuR and probably has no clue what they are doing.

If AuR say 4 - 8 weeks but they send out a few sets for review and a few more to clients that have spent a pile of money on cables and every previous release but they still get your set out in the indicated timeframe who cares and what is there to complain about ?

Chill out, presumably you are grown men, if you are not old enough or haven’t had to deal with what life can throw out to understand that there are far bigger things in life to worry about than your latest IEM count yourself lucky.
Agree wholeheartedly.
Waiting is artificially made 'difficult' because of today's washed minds since we can get just about anything we want in a matter of hours at most. We are nothing but a bunch of spoilt grownups.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #2,588 of 3,648
I genuinely cannot make sense of your response or understand how I’m a hypocrite from my statement.

You’re obviously quite passionate about this and emotional in your responses. I think it’s best we just leave it there.

Passionate? no. Assumption. Definitely not.

Just puzzled by your response in this thread because they do not make sense to me.
Just pointing out what you said is really favoritism, when you're saying so about others.

Which makes me wonder if you're aware of your own statements.

And your statements are causing confusion and making some individuals question their purchase decision. Not sure if you're aware of that.
Just pointing out the obvious if it is not so.

Oh and i have many other brands of iems, and only own 1 AuR iem, the Aurora.

And the longest i've waited for an audio product is coming 2 years and still waiting. So i guess the mileage of one's patience do vary.
I don't go around telling people i'm upset or others to be upset or anything else.

Dec 17, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #2,589 of 3,648
I just got the email saying my set will be sent out tomorrow!!!

I hear the frustration but the fact that I just got the email is a good example of why we should try not give offhand comments more weight than they deserve. I'm crossing my fingers for you!
Thanks, yes I received the same email so mine will be shipping too! Aur make a great iem so I’m excited to try it! Agreed on not taking off hand comments too seriously. I will admit it made me too hasty with my comments regarding the ascension possibly not shipping and for that I apologize.

Regarding the inconsistencies Im not trying to cause conflict so this will be my last comment on the matter as clearly it is an unpopular opinion. I don’t think it’s fair to say people are simply impatient and acting like children. I fully expected to wait 4-8 weeks when I ordered my neon pro but the inconsistency of how long to wait I think can be hard on people and was hard on me. I ended up waiting 8 weeks and 1 day from the time I ordered my neon pro to when it shipped. That is fine as that is essentially within their 4-8 weeks timeline. However, I had been waiting 7 weeks already when others were getting their aurora shipped to them who had only ordered 2 weeks ago. Again Aur can do whatever they want with distribution but this seemed inconsistent to me. Not trying to offend anyone but I did want to share my honest past experience.

Happy listening to all who receive their Ascension shortly!

Dec 17, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #2,590 of 3,648
Thanks, yes I received the same email so mine will be shipping too! Aur make a great iem so I’m excited to try it! Agreed on not taking off hand comments too seriously. I will admit it made me too hasty with my comments regarding the ascension possibly not shipping and for that I apologize.

Regarding the inconsistencies Im not trying to cause conflict so this will be my last comment on the matter as clearly it is an unpopular opinion. I don’t think it’s fair to say people are simply impatient and acting like children. I fully expected to wait 4-8 weeks when I ordered my neon pro but the inconsistency of how long to wait I think can be hard on people and was hard on me. I ended up waiting 8 weeks and 1 day from the time I ordered my neon pro to when it shipped. That is fine as that is essentially within their 4-8 weeks timeline. However, I had been waiting 7 weeks already when others were getting their aurora shipped to them who had only ordered 2 weeks ago. Again Aur can do whatever they want with distribution but this seemed inconsistent to me. Not trying to offend anyone but I did want to share my honest past experience.

Happy listening to all who receive their Ascension shortly!

We hope AuR is reading this and look into improving their fulfilment process.

Credit where credit is due, and opportunities for improvement as well. Good sharing here.

Dec 17, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #2,591 of 3,648
Exactly.

Good grief some of you guys sound like school kids eager to get the latest toy as soon as possible complaining because mummy she isn’t going to the toy store soon enough to keep you happy !

Even worse your grizzling is started by someone who probably has no direct knowledge complaining about some perceived VIP treatment, someone who it appears isn’t even remotely close to AuR and probably has no clue what they are doing.

If AuR say 4 - 8 weeks but they send out a few sets for review and a few more to clients that have spent a pile of money on cables and every previous release but they still get your set out in the indicated timeframe who cares and what is there to complain about ?

Chill out, presumably you are grown men, if you are not old enough or haven’t had to deal with what life can throw out to understand that there are far bigger things in life to worry about than your latest IEM count yourself lucky.
First of all, let me start off by saying I have iterated directly to Nic that I have no issue waiting for an order if the reason for waiting is justified, such as illness or other reasons that might halt production. I come from a hobby where I could wait up to a year and a half for custom keyboard parts, so I will and have gladly waited for the Ascension's release. I don't mind waiting longer. I've been following and wanted an AüR IEM for a decently long time, but circumstances and my preferences have made me opt for other products until the right product came along for me. And for me, Ascension seemed like the right call. Calling me a child and saying I have no clue what I'm doing, just goes to show some folk's enthusiasm for a favored brand (call it fanboyism, if you will), can pre-emptively colour their opinion.

Having said that, I realize this is a "me"-issue. I disagree with their way of doing business. I have spoken to Nic about it, and he clearly shared his business strategy and our way of doing business differs. Which is fine, but I am still allowed to choose to dislike the practice and stay on the fence about wanting a product [from the brand I have most wanted to purchase from in 2023] vs boycotting it due to personal disagreement with a practice.

I fully understood that I would be stirring the pot by sparking up the conversation, but alas I think it was worth mentioning. Claiming I have no knowledge to base my "VIP theory" has already proven to be incorrect, as some have pointed out that they likely are in a cherry picked bunch. People who did not pay up front like me. I can acknowledge and live with that, and chose to stay silent and wait for my order until I saw others that may have been unbeknownst to certain folks skipping the queue. I felt it was correct to share, despite coming off as a stirrer of drama

Ultimately, this is only an issue for the first few who ordered. I have no doubt that the Ascension will be a home-run for AüR and a great product! Going to put this behind me now. Happy listening, and stay safe, everyone ✌️

Dec 17, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #2,593 of 3,648
Agree wholeheartedly.
Waiting is artificially made 'difficult' because of the today's washed mindset since we can get just about anything we want in a matter of hours at most. We are nothing but a bunch of spoilt grownups.
Exactly this. People nowadays are way too dependent on some materials to be "happy". It's just ridiculous! :rolling_eyes:

I am sorry @doubletrobbel but you do sound like a Karen.
Did someone just mention Karen?! :upside_down:

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #2,594 of 3,648
I fully understood that I would be stirring the pot by sparking up the conversation, but alas I think it was worth mentioning. Claiming I have no knowledge to base my "VIP theory" has already proven to be incorrect, as some have pointed out that they likely are in a cherry picked bunch. People who did not pay up front like me. I can acknowledge and live with that, and chose to stay silent and wait for my order until I saw others that may have been unbeknownst to certain folks skipping the queue. I felt it was correct to share, despite coming off as a stirrer of drama

Unfortunately we live in a practical world, and companies would prioritize customers who have made payment ahead of those who have not.
But how do we know if there's a skipping of the queue? Is there some proof to this? Because an email or message of interest, does not constitute to a firm order.
In addition, when the message reach AuR also may have time difference due to delays in the networks.

So many factors. Not making excuses for the company, but i think AuR also need to ensure orders (especially paid ones) are handled in a first in first out, after priority market fulfilment is over, and that it is open to fulfilment in the rest of the markets.

Really hope they will read this and reevaluate their processes.

Dec 17, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #2,595 of 3,648
1000006771.jpg

ok, time to switch gears. I found my personal portable endgame.
Neon Pro, switch on is such a gem, and Aune M1P has some peculiar fpga trickery that definitely influences the sound.
Bass is now indistinguishable from a DD in fullness, with all the speed of a BA still there. And mids get magically 'unscooped'.
The only drawback is this player is right from early 2010s if we speak about features and user experience. But the sound makes it completely worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back