AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Dec 20, 2023 at 12:22 AM Post #2,611 of 3,809
Hi, sorry I have not heard Aure nor NP before, so my only comparison is with Aurora. For Ascension's fit, based on my observation, it has the same size and shape as the Aurora. I have no issue with the comfort and fit. And yes, it has a vent as seen in the photo.
Hey I meant to ask you this before but is the nozzle bigger on the Ascension than the Aurora? That was my biggest concern fit wise

Dec 20, 2023 at 12:57 AM Post #2,612 of 3,809
With câbles... And ALL things :

Need of synergies...

But... Some particular products are better than others. That's a matter of fact.

But...

Need of synergies... 😉

"Be practical, empirical and pragmatical"

Me. 🤘

About prices ?

"The prices are set by what customers are willing to pay".

Late Karl Lagerfeld 😎😉

Dec 20, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #2,613 of 3,809
I have tried cable rolling the Neon Pro with two affordable Juzear offerings - Limpid and Pure.

1000010990.jpg

My findings were interesting because going from stock cable to Juzear Limpid SPC the difference in tonality and soundstage depth were especially noticeable. The biggest tonality change came in the bass department where I could notice additional warmth. There are no downsides as this cable also feels great to use and high quality. Next I tried the Pure cable which is a pure copper but I found it lacking details especially in hihats and it provided no noticeable improvements in the lower register. Limpid wins!

1000010992.jpg

Dec 20, 2023 at 4:46 AM Post #2,614 of 3,809
Hi, sorry I have not heard Aure nor NP before, so my only comparison is with Aurora. For Ascension's fit, based on my observation, it has the same size and shape as the Aurora. I have no issue with the comfort and fit. And yes, it has a vent as seen in the photo.
Dear all, after making a more thorough comparison with the Aurora, I realised was wrong when I said both are of same size and shape. Based on my observation and from the pictures, the Ascension is slightly bigger than the Aurora. It also has a shorter but thicker nozzle. My apologies for making the wrong observation earlier.

Attachments

• 20231220_173708.jpg
    20231220_173708.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231220_173646.jpg
    20231220_173646.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231220_173531.jpg
    20231220_173531.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231220_174811.jpg
    20231220_174811.jpg
    803 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 20, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #2,615 of 3,809
With câbles... And ALL things :

Need of synergies...

But... Some particular products are better than others. That's a matter of fact.

But...

Need of synergies... 😉

"Be practical, empirical and pragmatical"

Me. 🤘

About prices ?

"The prices are set by what customers are willing to pay".

Late Karl Lagerfeld 😎😉
https://www.soundguys.com/cable-myths-reviving-the-coathanger-test-23553/
The most empirical thing I could find on cables.
I have tried cable rolling the Neon Pro with two affordable Juzear offerings - Limpid and Pure.

1000010990.jpg

My findings were interesting because going from stock cable to Juzear Limpid SPC the difference in tonality and soundstage depth were especially noticeable. The biggest tonality change came in the bass department where I could notice additional warmth. There are no downsides as this cable also feels great to use and high quality. Next I tried the Pure cable which is a pure copper but I found it lacking details especially in hihats and it provided no noticeable improvements in the lower register. Limpid wins!

1000010992.jpg
simple cheap and pretty cable. How is microphonics on it?

Dec 20, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #2,616 of 3,809
Last edited:
Dec 20, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #2,617 of 3,809
No my friend,
You just have to listen :beerchug:

You don't hear anything : don't insist.

You hear differences, even improvements : dig.

In both cases, the key is not to be masochistic. But methodic.

Pure and simple.

But you have to... do, not only think. :L3000:
I've done my portion of double blind testing to safely conclude that cables don't make a difference outside of impedance.
I gave up arguing with believers, it's like debating god's existence, to each one their own.

Dec 20, 2023 at 5:43 AM Post #2,618 of 3,809
simple cheap and pretty cable. How is microphonics on it?
No microphonics to speak of. I honestly cannot find a single downside. Had I not purchased some other 3-5x more expensive cables before the Limpid, I'd probably buy more of these to equip my whole collection. Even the slider works as intended - I cannot understand how so many cables get that part wrong.

Dec 20, 2023 at 5:48 AM Post #2,619 of 3,809
No my friend,
You just have to listen :beerchug:

You don't hear anything : don't insist.

You hear differences, even improvements : dig.

In both cases, the key is not to be masochistic. But methodic.

Pure and simple.

But you have to... do, not only think. :L3000:
That would be very good, if autosuggestion did not exist.

For most people: if you've spent $2,000 on a cable, your brain will auto-suggest you to hear differences when you use it.

Dec 20, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #2,620 of 3,809
That would be very good, if autosuggestion did not exist.

For most people: if you've spent $2,000 on a cable, your brain will auto-suggest you to hear differences when you use it.
Autosuggestion exists in both directions.

Never forget or underestimate it.
We are only human after all. :beerchug:

As for the prices, it's very simple for me :

1/ The more expensive it is, the more ruthless I am.
2/ When listening, I actually preferred a $200 cable (which is a lot of money) to a $6000 cable (which is an indecent amount of money for that, but it exists).

No problem with that. In my book, only listening counts.

Where I would have been very annoyed is if I had preferred cable to 6000... :k701smile:

Dec 20, 2023 at 5:58 AM Post #2,621 of 3,809
I've done my portion of double blind testing to safely conclude that cables don't make a difference outside of impedance.
I gave up arguing with believers, it's like debating god's existence, to each one their own.
This is not a good method, believe me. Unless, authentically, you have golden ears. :L3000:

Just an example.

Take a piece of music "X", mastered or even mixed in one way (compression, levels, etc.,), then the same piece, mastered or even mixed in a different way (less dynamic compression...).

So the same piece of music, but objectively different. You can try it with the Rush "Power Windows" album. For instance the SHM version and the regular commercial 1997 version (said : "remastered"). And one track, let says "The Big Money". :grinning:

Then, for this to be statistically valid, you do 50 passes of each piece. Not necessarily in a single session anyway. Take your time. It's important.

And so, blind, double blind, etc., you find the piece A-a and the piece A-b.
Good luck. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2023 at 6:16 AM Post #2,622 of 3,809
Ascension arrived :)

IMG_8223.jpeg

Very pretty, hooked it up to the Ares S 8W. Need to burn in the DD but initial impressions are great, female vocals are very nice!

Happy snap with the rest of the family:

IMG_8224.jpeg

Dec 20, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #2,623 of 3,809

I haven’t done any fancy testing only sighted A/B comparison between various cables of different price ranges up to around my equivalent of $250 USD across every IEM and headphone I have ever owned and I hear no difference at all. I have tried back and forth between selected passages of music and extended listening then swapping over and nothing.

I should be absolutely transparent, I have thought I heard differences but when repeating the comparison the change is gone or is different in some other way. Any difference I thought I heard wasn’t repeatable and being of an engineering background I am not satisfied with a one time comparison, I want consistent definable results every time.

Any difference I thought I heard was well within the range of what I could explain by expectation bias, placebo or whatever you want to call it and was not repeatable or consistent. My conclusion was the changes I thought I heard at times were my mind playing tricks which frankly agrees with the science.

But then I don’t hear the apparently significant and obvious differences in DACs and amplifiers either. Some amplifiers I hear brief differences after swapping over after listening for several hours but in moments the new sound is my new normal and I have no hope of identifying what the change in my immediate perception after swapping over resulted from.

I do seem to acclimatise to a new sound very quickly, like within a couple of seconds and the new sound is more or less immediately normal. I have wondered if that is not a typical trait and that is stopping me hearing changes that others report being so obvious. Or I am just harder to convince because I want demonstrable proof not a subtle sense of a minor change.

Anyway, that became a bit more drawn out than I anticipated ! 😂

Dec 20, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #2,624 of 3,809
Ascension arrived :)

IMG_8223.jpeg

Very pretty, hooked it up to the Ares S 8W. Need to burn in the DD but initial impressions are great, female vocals are very nice!

Happy snap with the rest of the family:

IMG_8224.jpeg

Very nice.

Any chance of a few side by side comparison pics with Ascension and Neon Pro to judge fit characteristics ?

I have the Neon Pro and love the nozzle length and the shell fits perfectly and snugly in my ear but any bigger along the long dimension front to back of the shell would likely become uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back