AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Dec 17, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #2,596 of 3,809
I just don't understand why some people are being so rude. It really isn't fair to characterize someone's slightly dissatisfied observation or critical questioning as "whining", or to call them children in very condescending ways. Which seems way WAY more childish to me.

I'm sure you guys have expressed similar discontent or slightly critical questioning of *something* before, and wouldn't appreciate being condescendingly policed by your peers for it.

I really don't have much issue waiting myself. Actually it's kinda nice to forget about it and get a "surprise IEM" a month and a half down the road lol. But people have different values and concerns, and where else should they express that(within reason) but here?

Also, it's the holidays people! At least save the name calling and disrespect for more important matters, like when the ice cream machine at McDonald's is down for the fifth time this week.

Dec 17, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #2,597 of 3,809
I personally just don’t understand someone feeling the need to have questioned Nicholas in the first place rather than let them run their business how the feel is appropriate. Then when he got a reply that he didn’t like he has to go complaining here telling everyone else how hard done by people are because a few early sets are being shipped preferentially because AuR felt it was appropriate in their estimation.

Stating that the opinion of others that disagrees with his have theirs coloured because they are fan boys is utterly ridiculous, perhaps those folks are simply content to let AuR run their business and wait knowing that the IEM will be well worth it.

He even stated that he made the first post despite that he knew it was a “me” issue and with the knowledge that he would come across as a stirrer but felt compelled to post anyway because the whole thing was such a big deal in his mind.

It isn’t a big deal, how about let AuR run their fledgling business in the manner that best suits them getting traction and helping ensure the business survives and worry about things that actually matter.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #2,598 of 3,809
Puh, quite some drama going on here.

Why not relax a bit?
I am happy that I was able to place an order at all.
Will be my third AüR this year and I have enough gear to use until my Ascension will arrive - guess most of you do too.
I am also sure we will see a second batch quite soon, maybe even this week, who knows...
If you think AüR is on the wrong track business wise just head over to the IMR thread - they handle things really weird: might help some to recalibrate emotions... Happy third Sunday in Advent...

Dec 17, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #2,599 of 3,809
After spending more time with Ascension, I feel that it reminds me of my DNA Stratus amp. It may not give me the most details, but yet there is never a time I crave for more details with Ascension. Like the Status amp, Ascension has the same ability to suck you into the music with its highly engaging and toe-tapping abilities. Its technical abilities to me are also good enough for me that I feel there is no need to compare with my other IEMs. Maybe I am still in the honeymoon period, but I don't feel there is any technical flaw I can highlight right now. To me, Ascension is one iem I own which I can just focus and enjoy the music and forget being an audiophile. This is definitely a keeper for me!

Dec 18, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #2,600 of 3,809
After spending more time with Ascension, I feel that it reminds me of my DNA Stratus amp. It may not give me the most details, but yet there is never a time I crave for more details with Ascension. Like the Status amp, Ascension has the same ability to suck you into the music with its highly engaging and toe-tapping abilities. Its technical abilities to me are also good enough for me that I feel there is no need to compare with my other IEMs. Maybe I am still in the honeymoon period, but I don't feel there is any technical flaw I can highlight right now. To me, Ascension is one iem I own which I can just focus and enjoy the music and forget being an audiophile. This is definitely a keeper for me!
to be fair I can enjoy music with my Galaxy Buds 2 pros.
Do you have any other iems for comparison?

Dec 18, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #2,601 of 3,809
He has some IEMs in his signature 😉

Dec 18, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #2,602 of 3,809
My favourite iem currently is Tansio Miarai RGB with Eletech Project 8 Socrate cable. I also enjoy listening to my UM Red Halo FE, Softears Turii Ti and Aur Audio Aurora. The only iem I didn't enjoy that much and sold away was Empire Odin (I think my ears couldn't take the excess upper mid). At the moment, I will rank Ascension above Turii Ti and as high as Red Halo in terms of enjoyment of the music. I think we all have the tendency to nitpick the iems we have and it also took me quite a while to finally find the right equipment match for my RGB iem to finally appreciate it. For Ascension, I feel I could enjoy it right away after settling on the suitable eartips. I like its tonality, clarity, imaging and engaging chararacteristic. There is no perfect iem, but knowing how picky I can be, I am glad that Ascension is able to satisfy me without spending too much money on it and without the need to match it with the "right" equipment to enjoy it.

Dec 18, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #2,603 of 3,809
Ascension is one iem I own which I can just focus and enjoy the music and forget being an audiophile.
the dream…

Dec 18, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #2,604 of 3,809
My favourite iem currently is Tansio Miarai RGB with Eletech Project 8 Socrate cable. I also enjoy listening to my UM Red Halo FE, Softears Turii Ti and Aur Audio Aurora. The only iem I didn't enjoy that much and sold away was Empire Odin (I think my ears couldn't take the excess upper mid). At the moment, I will rank Ascension above Turii Ti and as high as Red Halo in terms of enjoyment of the music. I think we all have the tendency to nitpick the iems we have and it also took me quite a while to finally find the right equipment match for my RGB iem to finally appreciate it. For Ascension, I feel I could enjoy it right away after settling on the suitable eartips. I like its tonality, clarity, imaging and engaging chararacteristic. There is no perfect iem, but knowing how picky I can be, I am glad that Ascension is able to satisfy me without spending too much money on it and without the need to match it with the "right" equipment to enjoy it.
Thank you. Now I'm much more content hearing that you have nothing bad to say about Ascension.

Dec 19, 2023 at 2:16 AM Post #2,605 of 3,809
This is an interesting claim...what is the price, does anyone know?

Screenshot_20231218_231359_Instagram.jpg

Dec 19, 2023 at 5:39 AM Post #2,606 of 3,809
This is an interesting claim...what is the price, does anyone know?

Emphasis on the 'like', I suppose? A subtle marketing trick! My XINHS pure silver is like the Brise Audio Shirogane too.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #2,609 of 3,809
I mean as long as Au

yep, that's my thinking as well. If Nicholas wants to make a buck by supplying 'high-end' cables, who am I to complain.

Indeed, there is always a market for very expensive cables so AuR might as well get a slice of the market.

This is an interesting hobby in that regard where folks will buy things because they are more expensive simply because they are more expensive regardless that there is no scientific evidence that their $1,000 or $2,000 cable does anything better than a well made $50 cable.

Sorry, I don’t mean to offend cable believers.

Dec 20, 2023 at 12:11 AM Post #2,610 of 3,809
I am a believer of cables though I don't believe that more expensive cables necessary sound better with the iems I have. Very often like all the other parts of the chain including DAPs, eartips and sometime external amps, it is about finding the right match. While I agree that some cables are really crazy expensive, I do believe they could sound technically better. Cable debate is always a very sensitive topic, but I don't think it is fair to say people just buy expensive stuff for the sake of buying expensive stuff. Likewise others can also say the same to us, why buy such "expensive" iems when a $20-$50 well made earphones can sound as "good" :beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back