AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Dec 20, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #2,627 of 3,809
Dear all, after making a more thorough comparison with the Aurora, I realised was wrong when I said both are of same size and shape. Based on my observation and from the pictures, the Ascension is slightly bigger than the Aurora. It also has a shorter but thicker nozzle. My apologies for making the wrong observation earlier.
Thanks for the indepth pics. Did you notice issues with fit due to the nozzle size? I would prefer a smaller nozzle but at least it's shorter and thicker as opposed to thicker and the same length

Dec 20, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #2,628 of 3,809
AüR Audio's one's don't specifically say as they probably get them direct from the manufacturer, but I know these cables as the NiceHCK Jialai. I've been using them for a while as they are one my favorite cables and they are available in a few colors besides blue.
Yes, they are very comfy and surprisingly not microphonic despite being a cloth wrapped cable.
I just got that cable on aliexpress for 8,70€ :L3000:

Dec 20, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #2,629 of 3,809
Thanks for the indepth pics. Did you notice issues with fit due to the nozzle size? I would prefer a smaller nozzle but at least it's shorter and thicker as opposed to thicker and the same length
No fit issue with nozzle for me, but then I have never experienced issue with nozzle before.

Dec 20, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #2,632 of 3,809
Any chance of a few side by side comparison pics with Ascension and Neon Pro to judge fit characteristics ?
I’ll take some tomorrow if no one beats me to it :) I think they’d be similar as they both fit me well but will confirm.
ok, now that you've had a whole hour to listen. How does it compare? :L3000:
Haha - still early days, but has a well balanced sound, mids are forward, bass has nice texture, highs are well done. Haven’t tried out a whole lot yet but female vocalists are really good, lush instrumental music also sounds great.

Dec 20, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #2,633 of 3,809
Ascension might have better fit for me than Aurora, but on Ascension I need to use medium tips. On Aurora I can use both medium and large (depending on sizing on the tips ofc).

Nozzle is a small amount thicker but doesn't go as far in, but its also not short. Just a very good length.

Dec 20, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #2,634 of 3,809
1703086775068.png

Dec 20, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #2,635 of 3,809
Dec 20, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #2,636 of 3,809
Ascension might have better fit for me than Aurora, but on Ascension I need to use medium tips. On Aurora I can use both medium and large (depending on sizing on the tips ofc).

Nozzle is a small amount thicker but doesn't go as far in, but its also not short. Just a very good length.
Nice! everyone seems to be getting theirs! Mine looks like it should be here tomorrow or Friday. Any thoughts on it compared to the Aure?

Dec 20, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #2,637 of 3,809
Nice! everyone seems to be getting theirs! Mine looks like it should be here tomorrow or Friday. Any thoughts on it compared to the Aure?
I will try and say some more later today, got some family stuff to do first. First that come to mind is something like Aurora with more body, clarity and air, or almost like a NP with DD.

Dec 20, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #2,638 of 3,809
Im utterly shocked. I just checked my tracking and its out for delivery! I am impressed with the speed of this shipping. This was shipped out 3 days ago from SG. For comparison, I have something being sent via USPS that was shipped out 3 days ago and I haven't even seen a tracking update for it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back