AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Dec 16, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #2,551 of 3,809
That's awesome to hear! Did he mention when that first shipment is going out? Sounds like it could be some time next week. Also has anyone seen pics of the stock cable?
Nicholas mentioned that he will shipping out the 1st batch on Monday (which is tomorrow based on my country's time). The stock cable provided is the same as Aurora's which matches both iems quite well. The cable is also very soft and comfortable.

Attachments

• 20231217_064332.jpg
    20231217_064332.jpg
    897.8 KB · Views: 0
Dec 16, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #2,553 of 3,809
Congrats @froger, sounds like another winner from AüR Audio. I have Aure, enjoy it quite a bit for it's musicality but detail retrieval and frequency extension are very good, however just short of great. If you have heard Aure are you able to compare at all? Also interested in Ascension's fit / comfort, and confirming it has a vent for the DD. Thanks, and enjoy!!!
Hi, sorry I have not heard Aure nor NP before, so my only comparison is with Aurora. For Ascension's fit, based on my observation, it has the same size and shape as the Aurora. I have no issue with the comfort and fit. And yes, it has a vent as seen in the photo.

Attachments

• 20231217_065330.jpg
    20231217_065330.jpg
    746.5 KB · Views: 0
Dec 16, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #2,554 of 3,809
I don't like this sort of cables as they tend to be microfonic. Either I sell them or let them collect dust.
Aurora cable is not microfonic at all. One of most comfortable cables I have, bland, malleable, is just great.

Dec 16, 2023 at 6:11 PM Post #2,555 of 3,809
Also, on the product page nothing is listed for Impedance and Sensitivity. Is that information known?
Both Aurora and Ascension are not difficult to drive. I have tried Cayin C9 on both too, I think the quality of music is just as great driving both directly through the DAPs. One thing I observed was I actually adjusted to a lower volume number when I used Ascension compared to Aurora, so I guess Ascension is slightly easier to drive than Aurora. It could also be partly due to I had to turn up the volume higher to try to hear the music "clearer" with the Aurora. In a way, the Ascension sounds more effortless to bring out the details.

Dec 16, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #2,556 of 3,809
Aurora cable is not microfonic at all. One of most comfortable cables I have, bland, malleable, is just great.
I agree, the cable is not microphonic unlike similar looking ones from PW Audio.

Dec 16, 2023 at 6:51 PM Post #2,557 of 3,809
Both Aurora and Ascension are not difficult to drive. I have tried Cayin C9 on both too, I think the quality of music is just as great driving both directly through the DAPs. One thing I observed was I actually adjusted to a lower volume number when I used Ascension compared to Aurora, so I guess Ascension is slightly easier to drive than Aurora. It could also be partly due to I had to turn up the volume higher to try to hear the music "clearer" with the Aurora. In a way, the Ascension sounds more effortless to bring out the details.
one DD vs two side effect I imagine? pretty grateful for your thoughts on the Ascension today, thank you. I am looking forward to more people getting their hands on them for impressions.

Dec 16, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #2,558 of 3,809
Nicholas mentioned that he will shipping out the 1st batch on Monday (which is tomorrow based on my country's time). The stock cable provided is the same as Aurora's which matches both iems quite well. The cable is also very soft and comfortable.
That's awesome to hear! I gotta imagine my order is part of the first batch. Idk if anyone else here who has the Aure ordered it but when I get it I'll do a comparison between the two

Dec 16, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #2,559 of 3,809
That's awesome to hear! I gotta imagine my order is part of the first batch. Idk if anyone else here who has the Aure ordered it but when I get it I'll do a comparison between the two
First batch=13 sets, next batch will be more than that. If you have not been notified about shipping yet, you most likely are in the second.

Dec 16, 2023 at 7:17 PM Post #2,561 of 3,809
Have people in the first batch been notified already? I ordered about an hour or two after it went live but I guess it's possible 13 orders were in front of me...
Looks like we ordered around the same time, I might have ordered a touch before you, but I also haven't heard anything regarding shipping.

Dec 16, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #2,564 of 3,809
Sadly, I believe there are people in a sort of VIP line in front of the folks to ordered via their website. Same with the Japanese getting their units before anyone else. Not a fan of this business tactic; treating people differently
It’s a common practice in the global consommation world since ages. Long lasting or local customers might have privileges. Watches, cars, wine, tables in restaurants, etc…, even non-luxury brands apply that concept.

Yes, the world is unfair by nature. Imagine the consumer world at its own scale…

For the sake of transparency, I wait in the line like you. Stop the whining guys, once for all. Your IEMs will be manufactured and delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back