AÜR AUDIO IEMs
May 24, 2024 at 6:11 AM Post #3,646 of 3,800
Speaking of all rounder, there is no better set than Aehta with its effective switches. I also had DTE900, although the bass slam is good, the tuning is abit rough. The bass on Aehta is fast and impactful without muddying the mids switch on or off. So if you can spare some cash, Aehta is the iem to get from Aur now as it is the most technically proficient iem with their signature tuning.
Yep Aehta would probably sound great to my ears, but it is too pricy and there is no used market yet.
What about the ascension? Would it be more satisfying in the lower frequencies than the neon pro? Does it have a good soundstage feeling?

May 24, 2024 at 6:15 AM Post #3,647 of 3,800
Yep Aehta would probably sound great to my ears, but it is too pricy and there is no used market yet.
What about the ascension? Would it be more satisfying in the lower frequencies than the neon pro? Does it have a good soundstage feeling?
Ascension has better subbass and some say tube amp feel. Soundstage is good with good imaging. It has less energy on top compared to neon pro, more of a all rounder.

May 24, 2024 at 7:22 AM Post #3,648 of 3,800
Nice thank you :)

Would anyone be able to compare the Neon pro with xenns top/up and penon 10th anniversary? I imagine the Neon pro would have quite a different presentation.

For background context, I previously owned both the xenns top and penon 10th Anniversary for some time but only auditioned the Neon Pro twice. I also have none of the IEMs on hand to A/B them, so maybe take my impressions with a pinch of salt.

Xenns Top: Good detailed bass with nice quantity and quality. Nice treble extension with some sparkle. Very resolving. Very small shell that fits super comfortably.

Penon 10th: Bass is nice and punchy. Mids is the star sounding nice and thick . Treble less sparkly than xenns top but still good. Shell is medium large but fits very comfortably

Neon Pro: My impression of this IEM is that is super energetic and dynamic. Very resolving and likely more so than the xenns top. Shell is large and not comfortable for me personally which was why I didn't buy a set.

May 27, 2024 at 4:14 AM Post #3,649 of 3,800
For background context, I previously owned both the xenns top and penon 10th Anniversary for some time but only auditioned the Neon Pro twice. I also have none of the IEMs on hand to A/B them, so maybe take my impressions with a pinch of salt.

Xenns Top: Good detailed bass with nice quantity and quality. Nice treble extension with some sparkle. Very resolving. Very small shell that fits super comfortably.

Penon 10th: Bass is nice and punchy. Mids is the star sounding nice and thick . Treble less sparkly than xenns top but still good. Shell is medium large but fits very comfortably

Neon Pro: My impression of this IEM is that is super energetic and dynamic. Very resolving and likely more so than the xenns top. Shell is large and not comfortable for me personally which was why I didn't buy a set.
Thanks for the info! How would you compare the bass of the neon pro with the other two?

May 27, 2024 at 5:26 AM Post #3,651 of 3,800
By the way is anyone planning on doing a complete review of the Aehta? It seems like it could be a good option for a pretty endgame iem.
On it with comparisons to Aurora, Ascension and Alita. But might take two more weeks, busy having the night watch at my work now. Not that much energy to review then.

May 27, 2024 at 5:29 AM Post #3,652 of 3,800
Thanks for the info! How would you compare the bass of the neon pro with the other two?

Hi, sorry I can't really comment on the bass of the neon pro, compared to the other two, as during my two auditions I did not specifically test it's bass. But I think other Neon Pro user's have given better insights of the bass. If you are looking for a AUR Audio bass head set Aehta would be the safer choice. And out of Xenns Top or Penon 10th, I would say the Xenns Top is a safer choice for bass.
On it with comparisons to Aurora, Ascension and Alita. But might take two more weeks, busy having the night watch at my work now. Not that much energy to review then.

Very much looking forward to your review of the Aehta! Can't wait!

May 27, 2024 at 5:34 AM Post #3,653 of 3,800
No rush Leonard, your review is one of the reasons why I bought the Ascension, very thorough and insightful 👍. In the mean time, I'll continue enjoying listening the Ascension, so it's gonna be worth the wait haha 😁.

May 29, 2024 at 4:13 AM Post #3,655 of 3,800
Aetha tested today with all sorts of cables and amps.

Cayin N3 Ultra on a Toxic Silver Widow v3
IMG_8036.jpeg

iBasso DX260 into a Cayin C9 with invisible cables.
IMG_8031.jpeg

Into a Sound Tiger
IMG_8032.jpeg

Using a Silver Widow v2
IMG_8040.jpeg

2 kilo buck Nightjar Mirai
IMG_8043.jpeg

May 29, 2024 at 5:38 AM Post #3,657 of 3,800
How was the sound tiger?
Very clean, airy with a large soundstage. Especially paired with a reference dac like the one in the DX260, which is very detailed and smooth. I will consider it a God Tier amplifier.

May 29, 2024 at 5:55 AM Post #3,658 of 3,800
Aetha tested today with all sorts of cables and amps.

Cayin N3 Ultra on a Toxic Silver Widow v3
IMG_8036.jpeg

iBasso DX260 into a Cayin C9 with invisible cables.
IMG_8031.jpeg

Into a Sound Tiger
IMG_8032.jpeg

Using a Silver Widow v2
IMG_8040.jpeg

2 kilo buck Nightjar Mirai
IMG_8043.jpeg
Very nice! How does it compare so far to your Thieaudio Monarch mkIII/Prestige LTD and Symphonium stuff (e.g. Helios)?

May 29, 2024 at 6:23 AM Post #3,659 of 3,800
Helios is a unique IEM with nothing like it out there. Airy and treble like angels singing, an Elysian Annihilator done right. The Helios is neutral bright, Crimson is reference. Both are detail monsters. Hard to drive and fussy about the chain. When done right they will sing, but also fatiguing. Thieaudio tends to be very lean in the mids. The Prestige is the coherent version of the Monarch. The Monarch while fun, is technically pretty rubbish.

Aur goes in the opposite direction. It's highly coherent and the mids are some of the best you will get. The Aurs are not fussy but will scale with the chain. The Aetha is the most significant so far. You can hear the staging and dynamics improve as you move up the quality scale. The Aetha cost more than the Aur usual offerings. It is also a premium IEM that shows its true colours when you feed it the best signals. If you are using basic amps and cables and enjoying the Aetha, as you grow into a more sophisticated audiophile over time. I am sure the Aetha will surprise you time and again.

May 29, 2024 at 8:02 AM Post #3,660 of 3,800
Helios is a unique IEM with nothing like it out there. Airy and treble like angels singing, an Elysian Annihilator done right. The Helios is neutral bright, Crimson is reference. Both are detail monsters. Hard to drive and fussy about the chain. When done right they will sing, but also fatiguing. Thieaudio tends to be very lean in the mids. The Prestige is the coherent version of the Monarch. The Monarch while fun, is technically pretty rubbish.

Aur goes in the opposite direction. It's highly coherent and the mids are some of the best you will get. The Aurs are not fussy but will scale with the chain. The Aetha is the most significant so far. You can hear the staging and dynamics improve as you move up the quality scale. The Aetha cost more than the Aur usual offerings. It is also a premium IEM that shows its true colours when you feed it the best signals. If you are using basic amps and cables and enjoying the Aetha, as you grow into a more sophisticated audiophile over time. I am sure the Aetha will surprise you time and again.
Thanks for sharing! Can you comment on how the Aehta compare in terms of bass reproduction to the others in your collection? I see in your photos that you're experimenting with the 011 switch setup now (mid and treble emphasis).

Yeah, the Symphonium stuff seems incredibly difficult to drive, relatively speaking. The Helios efficiency is a devastating 83db/mW @ 1khz, compared to a much more reasonable 100.5 db/mW for the Aehta (converted from the unusual 105 (@130mV) spec given on the Aur site. That's 50x the power to get to the same SPL on the Helios, compared to the Aehta :scream:. Great that the Aehta scales nicely with source, while not being too fussy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back