AÜR AUDIO IEMs
May 23, 2024 at 9:57 AM Post #3,631 of 3,794
I reckon Alita should be discussed more, i find that it sounds like a more refined NP, with a much wider soundstage ( better spatial cues ).

NP is great for metal but the Alita is a great all rounder imo.

May 23, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #3,632 of 3,794
I reckon Alita should be discussed more, i find that it sounds like a more refined NP, with a much wider soundstage ( better spatial cues ).

NP is great for metal but the Alita is a great all rounder imo.
Alita is also more forgiving, don't have the same agressive upper midrange like Neon Pro. I have a measurement somewhere and Alita is tuned about the same as Neon Pro except that everything from the upper mids and after is a few dB less. So it's actually more warm sounding due to this and have the same bass shelf as Neon Pro switch off.

And IMO it got the most beautiful shell of the two 👌

1000032396.jpg

May 23, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #3,633 of 3,794
Alita is also more forgiving, don't have the same agressive upper midrange like Neon Pro. I have a measurement somewhere and Alita is tuned about the same as Neon Pro except that everything from the upper mids and after is a few dB less. So it's actually more warm sounding due to this and have the same bass shelf as Neon Pro switch off.

And IMO it got the most beautiful shell of the two 👌

1000032396.jpg
Indeed! I recently got the Alita and i cannot stop listening to it. To me at least it has excellent bass slam too, despite not having any switches. It hits really hard and fast. Definitely not DD level slam but very, very satisfying for all BA bass.

May 23, 2024 at 10:20 AM Post #3,634 of 3,794
Indeed! I recently got the Alita and i cannot stop listening to it. To me at least it has excellent bass slam too, despite not having any switches. It hits really hard and fast. Definitely not DD level slam but very, very satisfying for all BA bass.

Audiophiles will like Alita for its non fatiguing resolution. However I think most consumers would prefer exciting sound hence Alita is under appreciated compared to the rest.

May 23, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #3,635 of 3,794
Audiophiles will like Alita for its non fatiguing resolution. However I think most consumers would prefer exciting sound hence Alita is under appreciated compared to the rest.
I think i appreciate the fact that the Alita is such a fantastic all rounder. I’ve been listening to jazz, EDM, metal, pop, hip-hop on it and it has the technical chops to make every genre sound great.

May 23, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #3,636 of 3,794
Hi, i'm looking for an all-rounder iem and I need help choosing one of these 3: aür audio aetha, sound rhyme dte 900 or monarch mk3.

Have ayone tried aetha and other iem to see your opinion?
I mostly hear electronic, rock and orquestral music but I also wanna use the iem for fps games like warzone.

I do care about the soundstage/imaging and natural/cohesive sound.

May 23, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #3,637 of 3,794
I don't know about the Sound Rhyme. Never owned or tested it. I am also very sensitive to incoherence. I will recommend you avoid the Monarch3 then. It's a good IEM, pretty rubbish for natural tonality, but it is very musical and fun, also has coherency issues. Not for the coherency OCD type. Which is why I pawned it off to my son.

The Aehta does not have a coherency problem, the timbre is weirdly natural for a hybrid, almost like a DD. But none of the speed issues and boringness of a single DD. You will love the mids of Aur IEMs, especially where electronic basslines are concerned. The Aehta on a copper cable will lean slightly darker and less airy. If you like the female vocal centric techno/house, it can use more air. I had good success improving that front with the Effect Audio Griffin. You can look for something with the characteristics of a silver cable, but not the extremely bright type. There is a type that cleans up the notes. An example of the description is in the link below.

https://sgaudiohive.com/collections/audiohive/products/ulan

Rock, definitely, especially with the treble off. This genre is usually better warm, and smooth.

Regarding classical. You'll want something neutral, and spacious, with precise imaging. I am not a big classical consumer. I'll say you can use the Aetha, especially with a silver cable. But it's not specialized for such a genre.

Forgot to add. The Aetha scales well with the chain and cable. If you have a solid desktop amp with say the Burson V7 Vivids. The staging and imaging can get freaky good.

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #3,638 of 3,794
They’re not. Doesn’t matter how pedantic you get with the wording. It’s a very fine set, but anything basshead? It’s a no.

There’s that word again ….. subjective.

Nobody has any way to know the gentleman’s subjective preference or extent to which he considers something to be “bass head” because his interpretation is probably different to both yours and mine. We also don’t know his expectation of the Neon Pro within his bass head sets or his specific use case for them.

There isn’t a yes or no answer because we can’t know his subjective preference relative to ours, the only meaningful information is comparison with other sets which I gave.

It is like asking if someone will like the treble of a set knowing only that they like treble. How can anyone possibly know what that actually means and if they will like the set in question.

Apologies for once again being pedantic.

May 23, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #3,639 of 3,794
I guess it comes down to the chaps own definition of "passable" as he used in his question.

1. Does that mean passable for a bass head person as an alternative to genuine bass head sets but with enough bass to not sound anemic and having other worthwhile attributes ?

2. Does that mean passable as an all BA set that genuinely has a bass head level of bass quantity.

To those I think the answers are 1 - YES and 2 - NO.

I read his question to be in line with 1.
I mainly meant to ask option 1. I am looking for my endgame detail-soundstage oriented iem but unfortunately I am discovering I am a hopeless basshead.. and to also get bass with those other qualities I imagine I would be getting at iems i can't afford. Would iems like the penon 10 anniversary or xenns up/top bring good bass and still retain some magic in the technicalities?

Might still go for the neon pro if it still gets a nice tactile bass. It just looks so nice.

I would just love an open detailed headstage with a good punch (but not necessarily overinflated).
For example I really like the base and details of the yanyin canon ii but they make the space feel really closed.

Thanks for your advice!

May 23, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #3,640 of 3,794
Might still go for the neon pro if it still gets a nice tactile bass. It just looks so nice.
It does this, it have a punchy and fun bass presentation. Personally I preffer DDs, but NP does it very good for BA. Switch ON and I can enjoy everything from electronica to metal.

I sold my Neon Pro, but only due to me using other sets more. I still think its a excellent IEM, energetic and fun sounding with good technicalities.

May 23, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #3,641 of 3,794
It does this, it have a punchy and fun bass presentation. Personally I preffer DDs, but NP does it very good for BA. Switch ON and I can enjoy everything from electronica to metal.

I sold my Neon Pro, but only due to me using other sets more. I still think its a excellent IEM, energetic and fun sounding with good technicalities.
Nice thank you :)

Would anyone be able to compare the Neon pro with xenns top/up and penon 10th anniversary? I imagine the Neon pro would have quite a different presentation.

May 23, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #3,642 of 3,794
Might still go for the neon pro if it still gets a nice tactile bass.

Thanks for your advice!

My pleasure.

To my taste the bass is certainly tactile. In fact for some music, metal in particular, it is extremely good and better than typical DD.

Hopefully now that you have better defined your preference and requirements others might be able to offer some comparison.

What other sets do you have that others might compare the Neon Pro with ? Is there a set that you would find to be definitively lacking bass so that a baseline (excuse the pun) might be established ?

May 23, 2024 at 3:57 PM Post #3,643 of 3,794
My pleasure.

To my taste the bass is certainly tactile. In fact for some music, metal in particular, it is extremely good and better than typical DD.

Hopefully now that you have better defined your preference and requirements others might be able to offer some comparison.

What other sets do you have that others might compare the Neon Pro with ? Is there a set that you would find to be definitively lacking bass so that a baseline (excuse the pun) might be established ?
When I first got into iems I was surprised by the fact that I needed to eq most of them to get a half decent bass for my ears.
The mangrid tea2 are very nice iems for the soundstage and they have a surprising magical feeling to them given the price, but I definetly find their bass to be quite hollow.

I tried also oriveti oh700vb, and I found they have a dip in the midbass which quite hinders the punchiness I really care about.

Also I had for a brief period of time the thieaudio mkiii, and the bass was nice although maybe so precise and localized as to sound unnatural. Weird how mkiii may be too technical for my ears haha.

I like the bass of yanyin canon ii (with eq) and fatfreq maestro mini. If the first one had a wider soundstage, or the second better mids, they would be endgame for me.

I think the most logical iem to go for would be penon anniversary/quattro or xenns up or top, but the brand aur audio really makes me curious with their beautiful handcrafted iems.

May 23, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #3,644 of 3,794
When I first got into iems I was surprised by the fact that I needed to eq most of them to get a half decent bass for my ears.
The mangrid tea2 are very nice iems for the soundstage and they have a surprising magical feeling to them given the price, but I definetly find their bass to be quite hollow.

I tried also oriveti oh700vb, and I found they have a dip in the midbass which quite hinders the punchiness I really care about.

Also I had for a brief period of time the thieaudio mkiii, and the bass was nice although maybe so precise and localized as to sound unnatural. Weird how mkiii may be too technical for my ears haha.

I like the bass of yanyin canon ii (with eq) and fatfreq maestro mini. If the first one had a wider soundstage, or the second better mids, they would be endgame for me.

I think the most logical iem to go for would be penon anniversary/quattro or xenns up or top, but the brand aur audio really makes me curious with their beautiful handcrafted iems.
I'm definitely a basshead, and I've owned lots of basshead sets. I've also owned the Neon Pro. It's not a basshead set. The midbass is nice but it doesn't have enough subbass for me.

It is a great set, but don't buy it if the bass is the most important part. Stick with a DD. For me there's really only 1 recommendation for the best bass and that's the Scarlett Mini.

I think the DTE900 is a better bassy allrounder set than the Neon pro though. I've A/B'd both at my desk, DTE900 got the win.

May 23, 2024 at 7:14 PM Post #3,645 of 3,794
I'm definitely a basshead, and I've owned lots of basshead sets. I've also owned the Neon Pro. It's not a basshead set. The midbass is nice but it doesn't have enough subbass for me.

It is a great set, but don't buy it if the bass is the most important part. Stick with a DD. For me there's really only 1 recommendation for the best bass and that's the Scarlett Mini.

I think the DTE900 is a better bassy allrounder set than the Neon pro though. I've A/B'd both at my desk, DTE900 got the win.
Speaking of all rounder, there is no better set than Aehta with its effective switches. I also had DTE900, although the bass slam is good, the tuning is abit rough. The bass on Aehta is fast and impactful without muddying the mids switch on or off. So if you can spare some cash, Aehta is the iem to get from Aur now as it is the most technically proficient iem with their signature tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back