AÜR AUDIO IEMs
May 1, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #961 of 3,645
Right, a unique and customized DD for AuR, which they are very proud of.

iu

May 2, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #963 of 3,645
Good news - FedEx states, that my Aure will arrive Thursday :)

May 2, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #964 of 3,645
PS this beauty is already waiting... :ksc75smile:
20230502_124626.jpg

May 2, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #967 of 3,645
May 2, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #968 of 3,645
Good news - FedEx states, that my Aure will arrive Thursday :)
Mine will arrive Friday :relaxed:
Congrats for your (incoming) shiny(s)! :)

Question to all: is it is the consensus that the stock cable for the Aure doesn't sound very good to people's ears? I certainly think it sounds great with them, but I haven't seen many on here that have kept with the stock cable, and quite a few that have even had a cable already ready before even receiving them (or hearing them).

May 2, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #969 of 3,645
Congrats for your (incoming) shiny(s)! :)

Question to all: is it is the consensus that the stock cable for the Aure doesn't sound very good to people's ears? I certainly think it sounds great with them, but I haven't seen many on here that have kept with the stock cable, and quite a few that have even had a cable already ready before even receiving them (or hearing them).
Quite simple in my case - I prefer using my IEM in 4.4 balanced mode and therefore don't use the 3.5 stock cable...

May 3, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #970 of 3,645
I finally received the Aure today.
After a first listen I realized that something was wrong.
Using the “stereo polarity test” track in the “ultimate headphone test” playlist located in Spotify, ensured that something was indeed wrong, The set was connected using the wrong polarity.
I first tested the cable since it could have been the cause of the problem.
The cable was correctly wired.
Finally I used a spare cable that has no pre-molded ear hooks and reversed the right IEM connection, replayed the polarity check track and now everything is normal.
Now music sounds as it is supposed to sound.
It seems that one of the IEMs has inverted polarity wiring to the 2-pin connector.
Apart from that problem, the Aure is a capable and balanced performer.
So check the polarity of your set, although I suspect that the problem that I encountered is an isolated problem.

Last edited:
May 3, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #971 of 3,645
Using the “stereo polarity test” track in the “ultimate headphone test” playlist located in Spotify, ensured that something was indeed wrong, The set was connected using the wrong polarity.
Finally I used a spare cable that has no pre-molded ear hooks and reversed the right IEM connection, replayed the polarity check track and now everything is normal.
It seems that one of the IEMs has inverted polarity wiring to the 2-pin connector.
So check the polarity of your set, although I suspect that the problem that I encountered is an isolated problem.

Not ideal obviously, however, if you set up a little template with some small nails into a piece of timber with the nails in the shape of the ear hook to give you a template to shape the ear hook section around you should be able to reform the ear hook of the cable you want to use so it goes in the right direction with the plug installed in the direction needed to correct the polarity. Obviously that cable becomes specific to that IEM but that isn't a big deal normally.

Heat the ear hook plastic gently with a hair drier (NOT A HEAT GUN YOU WILL MELT IT) and reshape it as needed in the opposite direction. Keep it in that shape until it cools. You will probably need to shape it tighter on a template as it will spring open a certain amount.

I have never had to reshape one in completely the opposite direction but I have reshaped a number to varying extents and it is surprising how easily the heated plastic reshapes and how well it holds a new shape.

EDITED TO ADD: alternatively see below :relaxed:

Last edited:
May 3, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #972 of 3,645
Just hit up Nicholas and I'm sure he can remedy the situtation. The last thing they would want is to have an IEM that is not up to their quality control standard.

Last edited:
May 4, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #974 of 3,645
Hello everyone, I am following the evolution of the brand and I like to see new quality and relevant protagonists in the world of iems. I am certainly very excited about the new models and I would love to join the Aur family soon, I am waiting for the future tribird which i hope will be a great iem and the new dynamic driver can deliver quality and powerful bass :)

May 4, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #975 of 3,645
Hello everyone, I am following the evolution of the brand and I like to see new quality and relevant protagonists in the world of iems. I am certainly very excited about the new models and I would love to join the Aur family soon, I am waiting for the future tribird which i hope will be a great iem and the new dynamic driver can deliver quality and powerful bass :)
I am also very excited to hear about their in house DD. Knowing what they can do with drivers not of their own crafting, I can only imagine how good they can/will be having control of all facets of the design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back