AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Apr 28, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #946 of 3,794
On their FB page I think you can also order them there (at least you used to be able to do this, though that might have only been before they had a website).
Thanks,
For sure this is under my radar, I'm waiting ona future sale

Apr 28, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #947 of 3,794
BTW, kudos to AüR for having Nicholas available on FB chat where he responds to pretty much everything reasonable. Easy access makes for great transparency. And I'm particularly excited to see how Aurora sounds!

Apr 30, 2023 at 3:37 AM Post #948 of 3,794
Might be over the top for some people, but its like putting on cheat mode to use Neon Pro for shooter games. This is often the case with IEMs that has good details and soundstage, NP is just in the upper echelon for it.

DSCF2184 1 (2).jpg

Apr 30, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #951 of 3,794
Hey guys, im getting the aure delivered soon and I want to upgrade the cable. What are some cables that you guys recommend? Is there a huge different between copper or silver?
I picked up a Penon Mix in anticipation of my Aure, which should be delivered soon as well.

Apr 30, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #953 of 3,794
Evening with the Alita tonight and still knocked off my feet by it. Paired with H570 tips and a good copper cable...what a show!

Hey there, do you prefer Alita to the SR8?

Apr 30, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #954 of 3,794
R6 III --- AüR Audio Aure --- Penon Mix cable
Emotional combo, almost breath-taking on a few parts on the Nameless album. Aurora has some big shoes to fill :beerchug:

1682886955228.png

DSCF2470.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #955 of 3,794
Hey there, do you prefer Alita to the SR8?

I'm still settling in with the SR8 and haven't done alot of back and forth but the Alita is more the IEM for a midrange lover. Vocals sit more forward and overall it's a warmer tonality with less lower treble and air. There's something more convincing about instrument timbre on the Alita compared to SR8 too. Alita took longer to find a tip-cable-source synergy but when you do it rewards you greatly.

As it stands, I prefer Alita for jazz/vocal/acoustic/small ensemble and SR8 (1-1) for everything else. I think it's all down to taste with both offering tremendous resolution and staging and I'm just starting to split hairs on technicalities. SR8 (0-0) is closest to Alita but has vocals pulled back by comparison, being slightly less warm and with more air. SR8 0-0 rarely draws my attention to one area, whereas the Alita pulls you in to the midrange much more. Some might say it's more musical or engaging in that sense.

I'll need a good few weeks with both before I know where I stand, but that move from SR8 to Alita really caught me offguard - I heard a bit more 'soul'.

Apr 30, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #956 of 3,794
I'm still settling in with the SR8 and haven't done alot of back and forth but the Alita is more the IEM for a midrange lover. Vocals sit more forward and overall it's a warmer tonality with less lower treble and air. There's something more convincing about instrument timbre on the Alita compared to SR8 too. Alita took longer to find a tip-cable-source synergy but when you do it rewards you greatly.

As it stands, I prefer Alita for jazz/vocal/acoustic/small ensemble and SR8 (1-1) for everything else. I think it's all down to taste with both offering tremendous resolution and staging and I'm just starting to split hairs on technicalities. SR8 (0-0) is closest to Alita but has vocals pulled back by comparison, being slightly less warm and with more air. SR8 0-0 rarely draws my attention to one area, whereas the Alita pulls you in to the midrange much more. Some might say it's more musical or engaging in that sense.

I'll need a good few weeks with both before I know where I stand, but that move from SR8 to Alita really caught me offguard - I heard a bit more 'soul'.
Nice @ian91 I have been looking forward to hear more about this comparison, takes also quite some time to learn a new IEM. So I look forward to more when your ready :thumbsup:

Apr 30, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #957 of 3,794

Many thanks for the thoughts on both. My musical preferences lie more in alternative rock, and delve into some industrial stuff. That said, I do enjoy some jazz inspired music as well, and folk w/ Fleet Foxes. Good to hear both IEMs are in a similar league, just different flavors. Sounds like the Alita is amazing. With the SR8, I always listen with the switches at 1-1, so I guess I like that more energetic setting.

Apr 30, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #958 of 3,794

All AüR Audio products having Soul in it

May 1, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #960 of 3,794
Aurora is supposed to have a dynamic in the mix of types at least, correct?
Right, an unique and customized DD for AuR, which they are very proud of.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back