AÜR AUDIO IEMs
May 5, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #991 of 3,794
My Aure Just arrived :)
Congrats on your new shiny(s)! :)
My dog is fighting for my attention too 😆😆

6981DA97-0F09-49B1-9A81-0E56D92AEC46.jpeg
LOL I see he/she is fighting so hard a good rest is in order... :wink:
Received the Aure also.
Beautiful IEM but unfortunately the shape is quite special and not for my ears anatomy ... :/

IMG_20230504_174148_1.jpg
I had issues with this too. It's quite a unique shape. You either love it or hate it. I manage to 'tolerate' it but do think adjustments in shell shape need to be considered for future IEMs.
I also have the same issue, but they sound so good that I have worked pretty hard to find a solution to this. While they DO still hurt my ears after about 1-2 hours, they are perfectly comfortable (yet very tight) until that time comes.

I ended up with some oversized (on purpose) Xelestic SednaEarfits which sit outside of my ear canal but still seal. This allows for the IEM to sit further away from my ear, and the "wing" creates less pressure, which also means it takes longer for the pain to set in... :)

May 5, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #992 of 3,794
Congrats on your new shiny(s)! :)

LOL I see he/she is fighting so hard a good rest is in order... :wink:

I also have the same issue, but they sound so good that I have worked pretty hard to find a solution to this. While they DO still hurt my ears after about 1-2 hours, they are perfectly comfortable (yet very tight) until that time comes.

I ended up with some oversized (on purpose) Xelestic SednaEarfits which sit outside of my ear canal but still seal. This allows for the IEM to sit further away from my ear, and the "wing" creates less pressure, which also means it takes longer for the pain to set in... :)
Or you may try some (large) foamies which give an even better hold and let you play more with positioning the IEM without losing the seal...

Last edited:
May 5, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #993 of 3,794
Or you may try some (large) foamies which give an even better hold and let you play more with positioning the IEM without losing the seal...
I normally don't like foamies at all, but that has maybe made me a bit short-sighted in this case... I will give some a try.. Thanks!

May 6, 2023 at 2:15 AM Post #995 of 3,794
Sill getting to know my newly arrived Aure but already it is clear this is an IEM for which the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. At times I find it a bit muddy in low mids / congested with complex musical passages. At other times I wish for a tad more microdetail or treble extension. However, these thoughts are fleeting as Aure draws me quickly back into into the music with such soul and musicality that the small quibbles give way to musical enjoyment. One standout is the strong and clean bass, perfect note weight and sustain, yet without bleed into other frequencies. I have 20-30 hours on them now, paired with Penon Mix cable and Azla Sedna EarFit tips, running either direct from HiBy RS6 or HiBy RS6 Bluetooth (LDAC) out to FiiO BTR7 and haven't had much interest in my higher end gear since the Aure arrived. That speaks volumes!

Last edited:
May 6, 2023 at 2:31 AM Post #996 of 3,794
Palladium Plated OCC is perfect synergy for NP. Gives body, warmth and tames the energy a bit to my liking. Not to mention how beautiful this cable looks. NiceHcK ftw!

20230505_222228.jpg

May 6, 2023 at 3:19 AM Post #997 of 3,794
Received the Aure also.
Beautiful IEM but unfortunately the shape is quite special and not for my ears anatomy ... :/

Truly sorry that is uncomfortable for you, as interestingly I actually appreciate that ridge as it cozy's up to my ear and secures the fit, with no discomfort at all. It must be challenging to designing a universal fit IEM when us as customers have so many anatomic variations. Hopefully some alternate tips as @samandhi and @zikarus suggested, or other measures, may help you with comfort.

Last edited:
May 6, 2023 at 4:14 AM Post #998 of 3,794
Found out that the Aure have perfect timbre for most jazz genres for me, only when going into big jazz bands I want other sets. Would have thought the forward mids would be to much as I can be sensitive to brass, but no. Its perfect :beyersmile:

DSCF2474[1] (2).jpg

May 6, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #999 of 3,794
Found out that the Aure have perfect timbre for most jazz genres for me, only when going into big jazz bands I want other sets. Would have thought the forward mids would be to much as I can be sensitive to brass, but no. Its perfect :beyersmile:

As my Aure is given time to slowly settle in, my first impressions so far would suggest to second that these 1. are a another gem (the Neon Pro became my favourite IEM in the past weeks) and 2., like Leonard said, sound great with Jazz Trios and Quartets ootb and with my Litsa Copper atm, e. g.

The same goes for classical imo especially chamber and songs from what I have tried so far. Two examples

And even an orchestra can sound great when recorded well (Mahler Symphony No. 1 second movement by Daniel Harding & Berliner Philharmoniker :))

Screenshot_20230506_155957_Roon.jpg

Glad I grabbed one of the last Aure (though to date I doubt that they will be able to take the crown from the NP for me, but who knows... :wink: )

Last edited:
May 6, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #1,000 of 3,794
As my Aure is given time to slowly settle in, my first impressions so far would suggest to second that these 1. are a another gem (the Neon Pro became my favourite IEM in the past weeks) and 2., like Leonard said, sound great with Jazz Trios and Quartets ootb and with my Litsa Copper atm, e. g.

The same goes for classical imo especially chamber and songs from what I have tried so far. Two examples

And even an orchestra can sound great when recorded well (Mahler Symphony No. 1 Second movement by Daniel Harding & Berliner Philharmoniker :))

Glad I grabbed one of the last Aure (though to date I doubt that they will be able to take the crown from the NP for me, but who knows... :wink: )

Neon Pro is still my number 1, I would guess I listen 40% of my time to rock/metal and nothing beats NP for that, except for some slow doom metal where the Aure do better.

But for the rest it depends on music and even my mood. Both are great, I have some sets who do not get any eartime after NP and Aure arrived. And I guess the Aurora will maybe join in on that. 😄

May 6, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #1,001 of 3,794
Neon Pro is still my number 1, I would guess I listen 40% of my time to rock/metal and nothing beats NP for that, except for some slow doom metal where the Aure do better.

But for the rest it depends on music and even my mood. Both are great, I have some sets who do not get any eartime after NP and Aure arrived. And I guess the Aurora will maybe join in on that. 😄
Looking forward to your impressions on the Aurora - egoistically and wallet wise hoping the Aurora will be no more but max. on par with either the NP or Aure :beyersmile:

May 7, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #1,003 of 3,794
Somebody sell me their stock large size AUR black tips they aren't using PLEASE!!!

May 7, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #1,004 of 3,794

Users who are viewing this thread

Back