7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Oct 11, 2022 at 4:03 AM Post #3,331 of 4,273
I don't totally get what you are saying here. Are you getting a headache from the sound, or from the fitment of the Timeless?

If it is because of the sound, I suggest you go to this Online Tone Generator and do a sweep to find out what particular frequency it is that is not agreeing with your ears, then simply EQ it down, and do another sweep to test it.
That's such a simple solution and a great suggestion. Have bookmarked the link for future reference. Thanks!

Oct 12, 2022 at 6:30 AM Post #3,332 of 4,273
7 hertz - stunning
I prefer them from Ier z1r :)
I've had them for a 2 weeks
in sound they remind me of obravo
Eamt 2c

Attachments

• 20221012_122312.jpg
    20221012_122312.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Oct 12, 2022 at 7:09 AM Post #3,333 of 4,273
7 hertz - stunning
Eamt 2c

Interesting, and to think that I have been looking to get the Z1R and not spending much time listening to the 7Hz Timeless.

I have a couple of questions:

I assumed you meant the 7Hz Timeless because those are in the attached picture, is that right, or are you referring to another 7Hz set?

Your picture shows a Sony DAP, presumably that is the source you used, which Sony DAP is it and what is the type of presentation of the DAP, neutral, dark, mid foward....

Which (wide bore) ear tips are you using?

I want explore the Timeless a bit more.

Thanks.

Oct 14, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #3,334 of 4,273
The Tennmak tips are really nice, especially the 14mm which fit perfectly for me out of the ear canal. Great isolation and bass impact. But still too close to the stock v-shaped signature. Not really usable without EQ. I prefer the tone with the standard black soft silicon tips which really tame the top end (I'm using the Powerbeats).

Oct 16, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #3,335 of 4,273
7 hertz - stunning
Eamt 2c
This guy know the good stuff. Try using Azla Xelatech. I aLways use High gain with Mr Walkman 1Z mode, alternate Dac. It’s truly stunning. It’s slightly better than Fir Audio NE4, which is quite a feat since NE4 is a mini KR6( almost $4k) iem. Give 7 hertz a good cable, good dap, power and tips and it won’t lose in performance, capabilities and enjoyment to most of the 2k iems.

Oct 16, 2022 at 3:56 AM Post #3,336 of 4,273
This guy know the good stuff. Try using Azla Xelatech. I aLways use High gain with Mr Walkman 1Z mode, alternate Dac. It’s truly stunning. It’s slightly better than Fir Audio NE4, which is quite a feat since NE4 is a mini KR6( almost $4k) iem. Give 7 hertz a good cable, good dap, power and tips and it won’t lose in performance, capabilities and enjoyment to most of the 2k iems.
yes it's true , they are incredibly well-balanced the timbre of the sound is one of the best , the cable and tips are definitely to be replaced and I think in this case Wm1z is a perfect source as I wrote, the sound signature and the presentation like the obravo eamt2c headphones only with better balance and even Ier z1r does not sound as good as 7htz hehe
With Wm1z 7 htz sound exceptional. Amazing vocals, both male and female. The trebles are smooth and detailed. Big, deep and warm bass. The transitions through the whole spectrum is buttery smooth and very natural. Very good staging and remarkable layering. No harshness, no peaks, nothing that can be disturbing.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #3,337 of 4,273
Is there anywhere that describes the differences between all the tips that come with the Timeless? I can see that the sizes vary but are there any other differences to be aware of?

Oct 19, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #3,338 of 4,273
Is there anywhere that describes the differences between all the tips that come with the Timeless? I can see that the sizes vary but are there any other differences to be aware of?
In a nutshell the blue ones are the bassiest/darkest (best tonality of the bunch IMO), the white ones are the most analytical. I think you can find older posts that describe all the tips in details.

Oct 24, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #3,339 of 4,273
Initially I preferred the S12 over Timeless but it has a 'spicy' top end and the low end can't compete. There's a video on-line comparing Timeless to Zen Pro and it holds it's own, pretty impressive considering one's four times the price.

Oct 25, 2022 at 4:33 AM Post #3,340 of 4,273
Initially I preferred the S12 over Timeless but it has a 'spicy' top end and the low end can't compete. There's a video on-line comparing Timeless to Zen Pro and it holds it's own, pretty impressive considering one's four times the price.
Timeless is still competing to higher end iems pretty well. And it is still above s12 in my opinion. S12 really good but they need really good source /dac/amp to be good level. And timeless are easier here. And still better resolution than s12. Also with different cable and proper tips i also think their bass and tuning better than s12.

Oct 27, 2022 at 1:20 AM Post #3,342 of 4,273
Oct 27, 2022 at 7:53 AM Post #3,343 of 4,273
Been listening with just the Timeless most of the day and I really am impressed but like others have said they are bright, it's easy to get carried away enjoying the music and turning the volume up but after a few hours I know about it. Though I have removed the grills and foam as ironically I wanted to make them brighter. Soundstage: Good width but not much depth.

Changed the cable again and it seems to have tamed the highs slightly even though I'm not convinced cables make any difference: folk on the science forum assure me they don't and they know far more than me. Am considering buying a second set as for the price these do most things well. More relaxed than the S12's.
As one who owns 2 sets of the 7hz Timeless, I'd say go for it if your ears are that convinced. I have one set to use wired, the other sit on a FiiO UTWS5 setup. Great stuff!

Cable wise, I usually replace the stock cable, not for the sound signature change that might happen, but so I can resell the IEM/headphone in question with the stock cable mostly unused/unworn if the need arises. I tend to be hard on IEM cables (particularly stock inexpensive cables included), i.e. sleeping with them, outdoors work/exercise, etc. Cables seem to develop issues within the first year of use.

FWIW, I have much more confidence in sound signature changes happening from tip rolling vs. cable rolling. Less $$$ also.

And....as a late 50s year old, some dad advice. Protect your hearing! I can still (thankfully) hear the full music frequency spectrum. Several my age I know are losing the top end freqs. My elderly father didn't protect his ears much of his life, now uses hearing devices.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #3,345 of 4,273
Jumped in and bought the Salnotes Zero, not much to lose really. I didn't know about this thread until about 20 minutes ago.

They were ok out of the box, better when the tips were sorted. Played with the EQ on my D2, ahh ok, now we're talking. These were made for Cowons EQ. Put them on 2 hours ago, haven't taken them off yet.

Want them to shine? EQ them, particularly in the bass and they'll shine. They'll handle Bass just fine, but they need some help.
Right side died today and I baby my gear. great sound but meh don't think I'll be buying Chi-fi again. Shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back