7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Oct 29, 2022 at 4:19 AM Post #3,347 of 4,275
Testing the Sennheiser IE pro large tips (14mm) on these: very nice tips, almost give you the Sennheiser sound signature if I dare to say with a very smooth top end and strong midrange presence without too much bass boom. I think we are missing some of the fine details though because of the filter inside the tips and long stem which congest the sound a little bit, but it's a great choice for people sensitive to treble peaks.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2022 at 6:06 AM Post #3,348 of 4,275
It is so annoying when your earphones just give up on you. I have had two just give up on me.

Any thoughts on a replacement?
I've got no idea, I think I may pass on IEM's and go back to listening to Cans. I bought them for portability whilst I'm commuting but I'm not sure about the QC, they sounded great though with a bit of EQ'ing, well for 30ish days anyway. I'll see how easy the returns process is with Linsoul, I may just give them another go.

Oct 30, 2022 at 8:32 AM Post #3,349 of 4,275
Loving the Timeless in the few day's I've had them. I thought I was going to wear them exclusively sitting at a desk, and I have to admit that it's a bit of a PITA to always have to break out the Fiio Q3 when I'm going for a walk, because of the balanced connection, but they're great. I went for a walk on a windy fall day listening to a Retro Soul playlist streaming over Roon Arc, and the isolation was great despite the wind, and 90%+ of the sonic characteristics that I loved when I was sitting at a desk are still there on the go in "imperfect conditions". Really digging these - even though they do get a little brittle / edgy on male vocals in a few cases (Zepplin II, at least the recording I've been listening to).

Nov 2, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #3,351 of 4,275
Got the Timeless. They're good and can deliver plenty of bass. Nozzle is almost too big, but I think it's still ok. I'm using the blue tips. Are the blue tips best for them? Can you recommend 3rd party tips with more comfort and good sound? Currently I'm using the smallest tips. I think that's better for more passive isolation.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #3,352 of 4,275
This guy know the good stuff. Try using Azla Xelatech. I aLways use High gain with Mr Walkman 1Z mode, alternate Dac. It’s truly stunning. It’s slightly better than Fir Audio NE4, which is quite a feat since NE4 is a mini KR6( almost $4k) iem. Give 7 hertz a good cable, good dap, power and tips and it won’t lose in performance, capabilities and enjoyment to most of the 2k iems.
Absolutely backing this statement. Thanks to a question from a fellow head-fier tonight about cable and tips for the Timeless, I took these out of the drawer. The Timeless « age » very well and the sound is highly enjoyable.

357E4E17-918F-47A6-AAA1-38CCC8613F18.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #3,354 of 4,275
Nov 3, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #3,355 of 4,275
Aaahhh the Timeless and Electronics… Pounding & Cozy

Nov 3, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #3,356 of 4,275
Got the Timeless. They're good and can deliver plenty of bass. Nozzle is almost too big, but I think it's still ok. I'm using the blue tips. Are the blue tips best for them? Can you recommend 3rd party tips with more comfort and good sound? Currently I'm using the smallest tips. I think that's better for more passive isolation.
Have done a good bit of tip rolling on the 7Hz Timeless. My favorites....JVC EPFX10 Spiral Dot (size M/L), FlareAudio Everyday and/or Audiophile Replacements (these stay in my ears the best). I've also tried SpinFits, but they seem to let in a lot of ambient sound, overall not impressed. Have also tried Comply (and clones), but these kill the bottom end in my listening.

Nov 3, 2022 at 8:57 PM Post #3,358 of 4,275
Have also tried Comply (and clones), but these kill the bottom end in my listening.
Try the Tennmak Strong Foams. They are a high density, slow rebound silicone foam that doesnt muddy the bottom end or clip the highs. They're really good. I'm using them on the Timeless when I want to increase the isolation. Super comfortable, great isolation, dont rip and tear like comply, wear like iron and sound fantastic!

Nov 3, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #3,359 of 4,275
Try the Tennmak Strong Foams. They are a high density, slow rebound silicone foam that doesnt muddy the bottom end or clip the highs. They're really good. I'm using them on the Timeless when I want to increase the isolation. Super comfortable, great isolation, dont rip and tear like comply, wear like iron and sound fantastic!
Will give those a try. Appreciated! They look very similar material to the Flare Audio Audiophile replacements I mentioned. I limit my use with those....kind of pricey to get from Flare Audio (shipping from UK). The Flare tips came included as a huge assortment with the Flare Audio Pro (cable deceased, discontinued, non repairable).

Nov 6, 2022 at 8:01 PM Post #3,360 of 4,275
Just got the azla crystal tips, these are not what I'm looking for. They almost make the bass and treble neutral, which is nice, but at the same time they have a bit of a lifeless and sterile sound. Closed-in too. Not very engaging overall. They would make a good studio set though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back