7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Oct 9, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #3,316 of 4,273
SmartSelect_20221009_193800_Opera.jpg

Oct 9, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #3,320 of 4,273
maybe it's a silly question... but anyone knows how to call the MMCX connection on Timeless stock cable? I mean, its curve... but IDK if it has a name... and, I'm pretty happy with the stock cable (3.5), but I'm thinking to get a 4.4 one... any rec? THX

Oct 9, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #3,325 of 4,273
maybe it's a silly question... but anyone knows how to call the MMCX connection on Timeless stock cable? I mean, its curve... but IDK if it has a name... and, I'm pretty happy with the stock cable (3.5), but I'm thinking to get a 4.4 one... any rec? THX
It's simply a curved housing.....
I've got a 4.4mm Original Cable for sale; PM if you're interested.
I literally just took a photo of a pile of cables I'm going to be selling either as 1 offs or as an entire lot,

Oct 10, 2022 at 7:28 PM Post #3,327 of 4,273
I have read a good 100 pages of this thread, first 30 and last 70ish. Have read all about the spike in some bits of the treble.

With that in mind, no amount of EQ seems to help with the headache I get without fail listening to these. I upgraded from a pair of Kbear KS2's, much cheaper IEMs. Those I used for two months with zero issues, slowly coming to love the sound of IEMs. I like how these sound even more, which sucks because I can't use them for any extended periods of time. Tried switching between the many tips, tried a couple different cables. Same issue, I develop a headache after around 5 minutes using these. Again, no matter the EQ same issue.

If anyone has had this problem and managed to solve it, please LMK how. Really don't want to return these.

Oct 10, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #3,328 of 4,273
I have read a good 100 pages of this thread, first 30 and last 70ish. Have read all about the spike in some bits of the treble.

With that in mind, no amount of EQ seems to help with the headache I get without fail listening to these. I upgraded from a pair of Kbear KS2's, much cheaper IEMs. Those I used for two months with zero issues, slowly coming to love the sound of IEMs. I like how these sound even more, which sucks because I can't use them for any extended periods of time. Tried switching between the many tips, tried a couple different cables. Same issue, I develop a headache after around 5 minutes using these. Again, no matter the EQ same issue.

If anyone has had this problem and managed to solve it, please LMK how. Really don't want to return these.
Never had this problem with the 7hz Timeless. In fact it's kind of the opposite....can't get enough of them when working/sleeping. I have one pair that is tied to an iBasso DX320/Amp12 card, that I use for sleep/noise isolation (wifey snores) as well as general listening. Another pair I have mounted on FiiO's UTWS5 bluetooth setup for passive noise isolation at work (motorsports). Works well. It's also a very nice setup when all is quiet :relaxed:. Recently added some JVC Spiral Dots in the M/L size...expensive, but they work the best of all the tips I've tried to keep the Timeless in the ear canals. So far, very little adjusting/re-insertion ever needed.

Oct 10, 2022 at 8:17 PM Post #3,329 of 4,273

Tried foam tips? I found foam tips really toned down the upper range .

Oct 11, 2022 at 2:53 AM Post #3,330 of 4,273

I don't totally get what you are saying here. Are you getting a headache from the sound, or from the fitment of the Timeless?

If it is because of the sound, I suggest you go to this Online Tone Generator and do a sweep to find out what particular frequency it is that is not agreeing with your ears, then simply EQ it down, and do another sweep to test it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back