7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Sep 23, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #3,301 of 4,273
Well, it's been a week with the Timeless as pretty much the only thing I listened to. Gave them about 50 hours of burn in, swapped the stock cable for a graphene cable and played with tips.

I am utterly blown away with how good these things sound. Just cannot believe I only spent a few hundred dollars on these.

Found them more sibilant than I liked right out of the box but the burn in and cable have helped tame that. The foam Comply tips lasted about 2 nights before I switched back to a good fitting silicon tip. I found the foam really toned both the bass and highs down more than I liked and took away from the fun and the V signature of the Timeless.

Thank you to all who helped me get these set up.

I never jumped on the Timeless and now, with rumors pointing to a Timeless 2.0 I’m inclined to wait. Good write-up! If the 2.0 doesn’t emerge I’ll probably grab a set of these eventually.

Sep 23, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #3,302 of 4,273
I never jumped on the Timeless and now, with rumors pointing to a Timeless 2.0 I’m inclined to wait. Good write-up! If the 2.0 doesn’t emerge I’ll probably grab a set of these eventually.
You won't go wrong either way.

The other thing I forgot to mention is that the Timeless scale very well with better sources. During the week I had them plugged into a KA3, RU6, and my Gryphon and it was incredible how much better they sounded with better sources.

Sep 23, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #3,304 of 4,273
Well, it's been a week with the Timeless as pretty much the only thing I listened to. Gave them about 50 hours of burn in, swapped the stock cable for a graphene cable and played with tips.

I am utterly blown away with how good these things sound. Just cannot believe I only spent a few hundred dollars on these.

Found them more sibilant than I liked right out of the box but the burn in and cable have helped tame that. The foam Comply tips lasted about 2 nights before I switched back to a good fitting silicon tip. I found the foam really toned both the bass and highs down more than I liked and took away from the fun and the V signature of the Timeless.

Congrats on your new shiny! :)

Yeah, I typically don't like foams on many of my IEMs. They just dull them too much for my liking. The Timeless being no exception.

Sep 24, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #3,305 of 4,273

If they put a gem the size of an egg on it and continue with shallow nozzles i may quit the hobby and sell my Timeless set in disgust.

Sep 24, 2022 at 10:48 AM Post #3,307 of 4,273

Out of curiosity, which cable are you using? :)

Sep 24, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #3,309 of 4,273
Sep 27, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #3,311 of 4,273
Jumped in and bought the Salnotes Zero, not much to lose really. I didn't know about this thread until about 20 minutes ago.

They were ok out of the box, better when the tips were sorted. Played with the EQ on my D2, ahh ok, now we're talking. These were made for Cowons EQ. Put them on 2 hours ago, haven't taken them off yet.

Want them to shine? EQ them, particularly in the bass and they'll shine. They'll handle Bass just fine, but they need some help.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2022 at 9:25 AM Post #3,313 of 4,273
Who thinks there will be a Timeless mk2 soon? I hope so !
Oh, I would bet there will be. I suspect they have been working on it for a time now. Though it is hard to tell whether it will be as good as the Timeless, given that most of their other IEMs have not been nearly as successful.

Another company that tried to duplicate their original success was Tinhifi with the P1. They tried to replicate that success by releasing the P1+, P2, and P1 Max and IMO they never came close.

Oct 9, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #3,314 of 4,273
-8782006432141474289.jpg

Looks like the new version of Timeless is coming...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back