7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Sep 13, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #3,286 of 4,271
_DSC2593-ARW_DxO_DeepPRIME (75).jpg

My review of the Dioko is up on my blog and Head-Fi.

Sep 16, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #3,288 of 4,271
Just got my Timeless in last night and am letting them burn in for a bit. Any recommendations for a foam tip for these as I prefer the fit over silicon
I use Dekoni bulletz premium 4.9mm tips

Sep 16, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #3,289 of 4,271
Just got my Timeless in last night and am letting them burn in for a bit. Any recommendations for a foam tip for these as I prefer the fit over silicon
Have you tried the stock square tips? They are shaped and fit like foams, but are silicone. I use them for the Timeless and the Hook-X.

Sep 16, 2022 at 9:05 PM Post #3,290 of 4,271
Have you tried the stock square tips? They are shaped and fit like foams, but are silicone. I use them for the Timeless and the Hook-X.
Which ones are those? I'm currently using the st9ck clear tips with the black centre tubes. OK seal but not enough environmental isolation for my liking.

Sep 16, 2022 at 9:46 PM Post #3,291 of 4,271
Which ones are those? I'm currently using the st9ck clear tips with the black centre tubes. OK seal but not enough environmental isolation for my liking.
The ones that are silicone but shaped just like foams normally are and are wide bore. These:

TimelessTips.jpg

Sep 17, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #3,292 of 4,271
I would use either Dekoni or Comply. Can't go wrong with either.

Sep 17, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #3,294 of 4,271
@sportster44 said:
Agreed. Unfortunately comply doesnt list the 7Hz on their website and finding the bore is dman near impossible with Comply. Need to know a brand and model with the same bore as thhe 7Hz

While I was not able to find the nozzle diamteter other than 5-6mm, I have tried many different tips on these. Everything from Azla, to Spinfit, to Whirlwind, to Final Type E, etc... including some different foams, and all of them fit just fine. So I would feel secure in knowing that they should fit fine with standard sized nozzles. I would pick a standard size diameter and order them if those are the ones you are wanting for the Timeless.

Sep 17, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #3,296 of 4,271
Last edited:
Sep 17, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #3,297 of 4,271
I use the T500 and they work great got me with Timeless.
I end up never using foams, but when I get a new set, I at least try them because I know that the best tips sometimes are horrible on different sets, and (what appear to be) horrible tips, are great on other sets..... I DO try and keep an open mind in the beginning. :)

For instance, I rarely use DUNU stock tips on DUNU IEMs... But they are fantastic on other sets I have, so they are indeed very useful to me.

Sep 18, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #3,299 of 4,271
I've been listening to my Timeless today using my TRI Grace-C 2.5mm cable. My smartphone --> Qudelix 5K, Amazon Music Unlimited (LDAC 909 kbps, no EQ). Good synergy, it does a very good job in the bass region! 👍
I think, I like it better than my XINHS 4 Cores Graphene

Sep 23, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #3,300 of 4,271
Well, it's been a week with the Timeless as pretty much the only thing I listened to. Gave them about 50 hours of burn in, swapped the stock cable for a graphene cable and played with tips.

I am utterly blown away with how good these things sound. Just cannot believe I only spent a few hundred dollars on these.

Found them more sibilant than I liked right out of the box but the burn in and cable have helped tame that. The foam Comply tips lasted about 2 nights before I switched back to a good fitting silicon tip. I found the foam really toned both the bass and highs down more than I liked and took away from the fun and the V signature of the Timeless.

Thank you to all who helped me get these set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back