64 Audio A12t/U12t Impressions
Sep 3, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #106 of 273
Dumb question - how much of a 'step up' is the u12t from the previous model (u12 with MAM)?
Pretty big...
Not signature wise but technical wise.

First of all is impedance is much flatter, which makes it more of a working iem rather than audiophile stuff. It just matches with every source amazingly and sound nearly the same(except for amp or DAC artifacts and distortion)

Second is Tia tweeter, which act as a compensator for treble loss in high end due to BA internal structure issue and also cures the treble resonance in ear.

Sep 3, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #107 of 273
Pretty big...

First of all is impedance is much flatter, which makes it more of a working iem rather than audiophile stuff. It just matches with every source amazingly and sound nearly the same(except for amp or DAC artifacts and distortion)

Second is Tia tweeter, which act as a compensator for treble loss in high end due to BA internal structure issue and also cures the treble resonance in ear.

Thanks - I was toying with trading my Rai Penta for the U12 (MAM), but am not so sure.

Jan 16, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #109 of 273
I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, but what are people's dac/amp preferences for these, I just received a set myself and am looking for the most optimal solution. :^)

Due to the LID tech they’re basically impervious to the output impedance of an amp which removes the need to pair them for a specific sound signature. That said they’re also a super detailed listen and so very revealing of the source.

With that in mind you’re free to seek out whatever your sound preference is - personally I’ve settled on the Astell & Kern SP1000M - a fairly neutral sound without any hard digital etch - can sound warm compared to some sources but that’s just the lack of digital hardness.

If you’re looking to spend a bit less FiiO’s M11 Pro is a great pairing with a similar take on sound as the AK.

Jan 25, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #110 of 273
After getting some custom plugs for my M9s, decided that custom was the way to go.

Tried a U12T, U18T and an EE Valkyrie on a RME ADI and a ZX300.

U12T won :) Now I'm outta pocket some serious dosh.

Actually surprised that the U18T was similiar to the U12T (ish). Not worth the 40% hike for me.

I hope the customs sound anything close to the U12Ts otherwise I'm screwed...................

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #111 of 273
Pretty big...

Has anyone done a thorough comparison of the U12 and U12t? I picked up a U12 on a massive steal with an APEX M15 module. I thought about trying the U12t but I already have a solaris that I adore, and I've wanted to try a 64 Audio product for a while. This will be my first, but I come from Solaris land and have read enough comparisons with the U12t. I'm more curious about how the U12 w/ APEX M15 compares to the U12t, or any comparisons between the U12 and Solaris (I'm guessing there aren't any of the latter).

Jan 31, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #112 of 273
Got and reshelled my new A12t) great earphones!) special SB edition)

Jl9mS9a_Qug.jpg

LETS GO NINERS!!!

edwJznUSmhc.jpg

Feb 17, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #113 of 273
After getting some custom plugs for my M9s, decided that custom was the way to go.

Actually surprised that the U18T was similiar to the U12T (ish). Not worth the 40% hike for me.

I hope the customs sound anything close to the U12Ts otherwise I'm screwed...................

How did that go for you? Cheers

Feb 17, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #114 of 273
How did that go for you? Cheers

Still waiting haha.

Mould process is always easy for me - I actually find it quite comforting as it feels like scratching my whole ear canal.

Decided to go with the CF plate and charcoal shell. I'm a little hesitant on yellowing, so does anyone have experience with that?

Feb 17, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #115 of 273
I just made the A12t my first custom. Still have to send my ear impressions in, but I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a new toy.

Feb 19, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #116 of 273
Still waiting haha.

Mould process is always easy for me - I actually find it quite comforting as it feels like scratching my whole ear canal.

Decided to go with the CF plate and charcoal shell. I'm a little hesitant on yellowing, so does anyone have experience with that?

You should be close to the end of the queue right? Man I'm jealous. Let me know how customs go for you, comfort and sound quality wise. These will be my first customs so I'm kinda nervous.

Feb 19, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #117 of 273
quality wise. These will be my first customs so I'm kinda nervous.

Don't know - I did it through a dealer so I don't have access to the updates portal. Might actually give them a buzz to see how it's going.

Feb 20, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #118 of 273

I'm surprised you found the U18t similar to the U12t as I found their signature very different. To me U12t was warmer, thicker, bassier and slightly darker while U18t to me was bright, clean and clear. A bit reminiscence of my old JH13 PF V1.

Feb 21, 2020 at 12:36 AM Post #119 of 273
I'm surprised you found the U18t similar to the U12t as I found their signature very different. To me U12t was warmer, thicker, bassier and slightly darker while U18t to me was bright, clean and clear. A bit reminiscence of my old JH13 PF V1.

Well they're clearly different, but it wasn't as if it was a completely different IEM. The tuning overall was to me more similar than different. That being said, yes, the U18t has a more pronounced high end and was less bassy - that threw me off it a bit when I was doing A/B comparisons with it as I was expecting the U18T to have even more bass courtesy of its drivers.

Have to consider that I just tested out a EE Valkyrie - now that thing was completely different.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #120 of 273
I've read about the issues with 64Audio and the variation in sound between the A12T and U12T. I've compared my A12T to a U12T and for my personal A12T, I think it has a little bit more bass while the treble isn't as bright. I've demo'd quite a bit of other IEMs and I can see why 64Audio's A12T/U12T is quite expensive. It is a high resolution IEM with some nice textured bass that has some slam. It's treble is quite detailed and it has a clarity in the mids that only the qdc Anole VX can match in my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back