64 Audio A12t/U12t Impressions
Nov 11, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #76 of 273
I have the universal versions of these, and these for me are “end game”. I do get the straight A student analogy, but straight out excellence is a characteristic that I’ve been chasing since getting into this hobby(I think we all are!). One review on headfi spoke about the Lid tech, being particularly friendly to playing straight out of the iPhone. I’ve found this to be true. I may hook up a Mojo for a few extra percent, but I love its convenice in driving superb performance. For an analogy, I think it’s like a sports Lexus. Ample, power, tech but perhaps missing the quirks that many find endearing, but I don’t miss. There’s some sparkle in that Tia driver that took me a little while to adjust, but I’m there. I’ve adjusted and won’t go back. I’ve tried the u18s but prefer this, I think because of how friendly it is to drive if I’m honest. It’s a worthwhile trade off in my opinion.

I'm trying to imagine a "sports Lexus" and I can't picture it. I'm thinking tame and well built and a little fun but not too much fun when thinking of Lexus.

Nov 22, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #79 of 273
Does anyone know if 64 Audio will have any Black Friday deals? I am looking to buy the A12T! And will I have to pay extra taxes since I live in Sweden?

Nov 24, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #81 of 273
check mainpage on HF or their website. They do

Thank you, I just ordered a pair of A12T:s, hopefully, they are as good as everyone claims. I've had the Noble K10 and the Andromedas but I could only listen to the Andromedas for 2 hours maximum since my ears were screaming in pain. I couldn't really get a good fit and I tried several numbers of tips. I could use the K10:s for an entire workday but it wasn't pleasant but it was bearable. This will be my first CIEM and I am stoked! I've read that the A12:s are somewhat of a combination of the K10:s and the Andromedas in terms of sound. I truly hope that this is the case, because I loved the soundstage on the Andromedas and I loved the punchy bass on the K10:s. Now I just have to sell my Campfire Audio Cascades and I'll have to stick with my VE Monks until I've received the A12T:s.

And now the waiting game begins...

Jan 21, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #83 of 273
I agree! You gotta try the tri-copper Plussound cable with the A18t, I love that pairing.

Hi, I’m thinking of getting a cable to add more body and weight to the vocals of my A18t which is still in production. Which of the two cables you have in possession do you think is more suited to enhance the vocals on A18t? PlusSound Tri-copper or Effect Audio’s Leonidas II?

Jan 27, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #84 of 273
Hi, I’m thinking of getting a cable to add more body and weight to the vocals of my A18t which is still in production. Which of the two cables you have in possession do you think is more suited to enhance the vocals on A18t? PlusSound Tri-copper or Effect Audio’s Leonidas II?
Leonidas ii will probably not add as much weight to the sound as a plus sound tricopper

Jan 28, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #85 of 273
Leonidas ii will probably not add as much weight to the sound as a plus sound tricopper

I’m afraid PlusSound’s Tri-Copper may tame down the highs a little too much to make A18t less HD sounding.

For now I’m leaning more to Leonidas II, PlusSound’s EXO T-Metal and LabKable’s Samurai III. Any recommendations on which cable would be the best pairing for A18t?

I am really impressed with the clarity of Beyerdynamic Xelento but maybe something less bassy with meatier vocals will be perfect for me.

Sorry to be asking about A18t’s cable pairing here when it should be a thread for A12t.

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #87 of 273
I have U18T and A12T.

I have to make a comment for 64audio. I think A12T is better than (x)18T(I have U, so cannot comment on A...but according to my ear).
A12T follows Harman kardon target pretty well and the Sonion bass driver you guys used is out of the world. The sound of the bass driver is otherworldly. I thought for a long time that Sony xba z5 was the bass king, but this smashes everything. It produces real earthquakes.
I think you guys measured on a normal microphone because I feel the bass more. It should be 8Hz as lowest point. Please use a microphone which can record infrasonic.

A12T best part is that the whole boost is under 250Hz(or actually 100Hz), which makes the bass never bleed into mids.
For games especially, this is iem is a no no....as it makes me creep, sweat and send chills to my spine.

Playing Outlast with A12T

May 12, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #88 of 273
I have U18T and A12T.

The sound of the bass driver is otherworldly. I thought for a long time that Sony xba z5 was the bass king, but this smashes everything. It produces real earthquakes.

...For games especially, this is iem is a no no....as it makes me creep, sweat and send chills to my spine.

Playing Outlast with A12T

Had my attention with your Z5 comment. Happen to be one of my favourite Sony’s. Are you applying EQ on the bass or is it thunderous by default?

Love creepy games but never seem to finish them. For some incredible immersive audio play Alien Isolation.

May 12, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #89 of 273
Had my attention with your Z5 comment. Happen to be one of my favourite Sony’s. Are you applying EQ on the bass or is it thunderous by default?

Love creepy games but never seem to finish them. For some incredible immersive audio play Alien Isolation.
No bass boost on Z5. Who needs bass boost on Z5. Its crazy as it is.

There is a reason for bass boost on A12t. The bass rises from 100Hz so mids remain as clean as it can be and sounds less powered. On z5, it is the game of huge dynamic driver

May 12, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #90 of 273
No bass boost on Z5. Who needs bass boost on Z5. Its crazy as it is.

There is a reason for bass boost on A12t. The bass rises from 100Hz so mids remain as clean as it can be and sounds less powered. On z5, it is the game of huge dynamic driver

Meant were you using EQ on the A12t. By default, does the A12t have more quantity of bass than the Z5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back