64 Audio A12t/U12t Impressions
Mar 3, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #124 of 273
Has anyone heard the A6t or A4t? How much of an upgrade (if any) is the a12t?
I've compared the U4t/U6t/U12t for what it's worth. To me, and I'm no real audiophile, the 4 sounded great but a bit monolithic when it comes to presentation. The 6 did open up quite a lot, bringing the sound around your head and having a lot more separation and detail. The 12 was just the 6 with everything boosted, bass, separation and detail the most.

I must say it's hard for me to get a perfect seal with universal, so I'm sure some of that got to influence my experience with the three. But the jump between the 4 and 6 is definitely noticeable, they achieve different presentation.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #125 of 273
I just got my A12t today! Won't have time to do a detailed listen just yet, but hopefully some casual listening while working will show me what the hype is all about.
20200304_130644.jpg

Mar 5, 2020 at 2:16 AM Post #127 of 273
Looks great. Loved u12t when i had them.
Im pretty sure that a12t would be even better :beerchug:
First thing I noticed is the comfort (first custom IEM). Even when compared to my custom ear tips, they just feel like they fit better (probably acrylic vs silicone). It might be the honeymoon period, but putting my universals back just feels off now.

Mar 17, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #128 of 273
First thing I noticed is the comfort (first custom IEM). Even when compared to my custom ear tips, they just feel like they fit better (probably acrylic vs silicone). It might be the honeymoon period, but putting my universals back just feels off now.
Could you elaborate on how the a12t's comfort is better than custom tips? Are they just easier to get in because of the acrylic? Do they feel different once they're in?

Mar 17, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #129 of 273
I've compared the U4t/U6t/U12t for what it's worth. To me, and I'm no real audiophile, the 4 sounded great but a bit monolithic when it comes to presentation. The 6 did open up quite a lot, bringing the sound around your head and having a lot more separation and detail. The 12 was just the 6 with everything boosted, bass, separation and detail the most.

I must say it's hard for me to get a perfect seal with universal, so I'm sure some of that got to influence my experience with the three. But the jump between the 4 and 6 is definitely noticeable, they achieve different presentation.
Do you remember what the tonality differences were between the 6 and the 12? I remember seeing a graph showing the difference but I can't find it anymore.

Mar 17, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #130 of 273
Could you elaborate on how the a12t's comfort is better than custom tips? Are they just easier to get in because of the acrylic? Do they feel different once they're in?

Well, comfort is subjective, but I prefer the feel of acrylic over the feel of silicone. Acrylic also slips into your ears easier than the silicone, which gets grippy.

Mar 18, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #132 of 273
What specific aspects do you mean by tonality? Like I said I don't have the vocabulary people use to describe sound here, but I can try if you give me some pointers :)
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I really mean was there any difference in the frequency response, i.e. bass, mids, treble. I know you said the 12 had more bass than the 6. Do you remember how the amount of treble and mid range compared? In particular, was the treble piercing on either? Or were the mids (lower or upper) quieter, relative to the bass, on one or the other? Thanks!

Mar 19, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #133 of 273
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I really mean was there any difference in the frequency response, i.e. bass, mids, treble. I know you said the 12 had more bass than the 6. Do you remember how the amount of treble and mid range compared? In particular, was the treble piercing on either? Or were the mids (lower or upper) quieter, relative to the bass, on one or the other? Thanks!

So I'm going to sound like a complete noob, but out of the headphones I had so far Allen & Heath xone xd-53 (which uses Audio Technica drivers) and the Sennheiser IE-8, the 64audio IEMs were the best when it comes to highs. The best as in, after regretting the A&H since they were just too bright, I had to settle for the veiled/dark IE-8 while still missing some nice treble in my life :) So I was very happy hearing that in the U6t - enough treble for my needs, gives it a good sparkle, but no fatigue whatsoever. I thought my ears are lying to me. Then I tried the U12t, and it felt like they produce these tiny needle-thin highs that you can pinpoint and kind of visualize dancing around the other sounds, it's kind of amazing. And again, no fatigue whatsoever! But I did "only" listen to both a combined 1 hour maybe, so that might change with daily usage. To sum treble up, I cannot say if any of both has the treble higher or lower, they sounded different to me, but both very enjoyable! I'm in my 29s currently and still able to hear in the 18k range, for what it's worth. I think that contributes to my "high-sensitivity", pun intended. :)

Mids are a hard one for me, I really like the mids on the IE-8, and both of the 64 IEMs had them even better, but I cannot say I was able to rate it because I was more focused on the bass and highs. I would say the mids are definitely not lacking, they are there and they are spread wide. No distortion noticed.

Erm bass was a bit stronger on the 12, but mainly the sub-bass. Man this felt so good. But if I didn't have the money I would say the 6 has its own thing going and the bass was more or less on par, just maybe not as strong in the sub-bass, maybe even overall. But remember if you go with CIEMs they should get even bassier, which I might end up regretting now that I got the 12, because I actually found the universal in the perfect spot.

A final note is that for some tracks, the U6t felt it had a bit less precision than the U12, and by less I mean really the 12 sounded perfect so the 6 was noticable when it was lacking maybe 5% in something, I don't know if mids or highs tho.

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #135 of 273
Can anyone that transitioned from Campfire Andromeda's to the U12T's give me some of your insight on why or why I shouldn't switch over to the U12T's? Been heavily debating.

I transitioned from andromeda to u12t... and then back to andromeda again :) the u12t has some impressive technicalities in some areas to the andro like wider imaging, and just sounding a bit bigger overall, but they also have deficiencies in the frequency response that i couldnt handle - especially the upper treble i just found a bit harsh - if you see some graphs there is some lack of smoothness there. The Andromedas I find sounding more coherent and together overall, to me they are the more "correct" sounding iem, so i got rid of my u12t

Users who are viewing this thread

Back