3D Sound Shop - Custom PRIRs for the Smyth Realiser A16
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #47 of 73
Congrats on the launch! I know this has been a labor of love for you for some time. It's taken an incredible amount of work to get to this point, and I wish you all the best going forward. Thanks for all your hard work!

I look forward to you expanding your line into other high-end speakers sometime in the future (Hint: The Vivid Audio Kaya S12, perhaps?).
Thanks for the kind words.

It really has been a labor of love, passion project, and a dream realized.

But the cool thing is... I can share it with others.

As far as expanding... Lol... I'm going to take a break for a while. As a person who created his own PRIRs... You know the time and dedication it takes to get it right. I spent well over 100 hours in the recording studio creating these PRIRs. One day(s), I spent 29 hours straight locked in the studio... and to make sure there were as few external (audio) variables as possible... I shut off the air conditioning. :)

I think people are really going to start to enjoy the magic of the Smyth Realiser A16

Aug 16, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #48 of 73
Here are two behind the scenes photos of the Genelec 8351bs at 60° elevation... Dedication eleminated the fear of these 31lb (each) speakers falling off the stands and down through the sound treated floor... What a disaster it could have been. Lol

20210628_041329.jpg

Check out the foot of this speaker. 😫

20210628_041310.jpg
It was worth it!

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #49 of 73
This is definitely something I'm interested in.
What a fantastic resource for A16 owners

Can I second the suggestion of @Camano?
My wish list for additional sound samples:

1) A track playing each of the speakers in turn, probably with announcement of which speaker it is, so I can evaluate the virtual positioning.

2) A track of audiophile quality music, ideally acoustic - classical or jazz - to evaluate the speakers themselves, none of which I have heard or am likely too. Surround would be nice, but stereo would be acceptable.

The precision of the front speaker positions was, for me, the most difficult aspect to get right in a PRIR, and hardest to evaluate when listening to the samples provided.
Thank you

Aug 17, 2021 at 1:19 AM Post #50 of 73
Here you go...

This question is also answered in the FAQ.

What speaker locations / labels are used for each PRIR?
9.1.6 – L, R, C, SW, Lw, Rw, Lss, Rss, Lb, Rb, Ltf, Rtf, Ltm, Rtm, Ltr, Rtr.

15.1.8 – L, R, C, SW, Lsc, Rsc, Lw, Rw, Ls1, Rs1, Lss, Rss, Lrs1, Rrs1, Lb, Rb, Lh, Rh, Ltf, Rtf, Ltr, Rtr, Lhr, Rhr.

So this means I can create a 9.1.6 Sound Room from the 15.1.8 PRIR and it should sound exactly the same as the 9.1.6 PRIR?

Aug 17, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #51 of 73
This is definitely something I'm interested in.
What a fantastic resource for A16 owners

Can I second the suggestion of @Camano?

The precision of the front speaker positions was, for me, the most difficult aspect to get right in a PRIR, and hardest to evaluate when listening to the samples provided.
Thank you
If it helps you for now...

During the "Rainstorm" demo... The Atmos effect turns on and off... When it is on... all channels are active. When it is off... only the front left and right are active.

Also, for the first 18 seconds of the "Forget About It" Alison Krauss demo... Only the left and right front channels are active... It is then 5.1 for the rest of the demo.

If you are interested in getting a Personalized Demo (HPEQ) https://3dsoundshop.com/product/personalized-demo-hpeq/ ... I could include a stereo track of your choice.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #52 of 73
Heard the demos on the realiser with the hpeq stereo mix down. It’s spectacular.

Aug 17, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #53 of 73
I have a question regarding your PRIRs to download.
Can I - like it is now the case with our existing PRIRs - create new listening rooms with elements of your PRIRs, replace your centre channel with another one not yours, etc...

Please carry on with all the work you have done, it is much appreciated. More than you can imagine ! :thumbsup:

Aug 17, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #54 of 73
I have a question regarding your PRIRs to download.
Can I - like it is now the case with our existing PRIRs - create new listening rooms with elements of your PRIRs, replace your centre channel with another one not yours, etc...

Please carry on with all the work you have done, it is much appreciated. More than you can imagine ! :thumbsup:
What you're asking is possible. Should it be done? Hmmm. You may not like it.

The sound signature of each speaker PRIR is quite different... Not to mention the distance, azimuth, and elevation from the main listening position is very specific in all of my PRIRs.

I won't stop you from trying it. :)

Aug 17, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #56 of 73
Really amazing job with these, they all sound fantastic! Where is the Alison Kraus demo at that you mentioned above? I’m not seeing it in any of the 9.1.6 or 15.1.8 rooms, but maybe it’s an issue on my end? Thanks!
You can find a link to the demo at the bottom of the listening room page.

https://3dsoundshop.com/listening-rooms/

Screenshot_20210817-102323_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #57 of 73
Also, for the first 18 seconds of the "Forget About It" Alison Krauss demo... Only the left and right front channels are active... It is then 5.1 for the rest of the demo.
Just wanted to correct an error in something I suggested... The first 18 seconds of the Alison Krauss track has been mixed down from 5.1 to 2.0 using stereo mixdown... But because I am also using the new HPEQ feature of the Realiser... The first 18 seconds of audio will not give an out of your head experience... Simply because all SVS processing is turned off.

Sorry about that.

Aug 17, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #58 of 73
Here are two behind the scenes photos of the Genelec 8351bs at 60° elevation... Dedication eleminated the fear of these 31lb (each) speakers falling of the stands and down through the sound treated floor... What a disaster it could have been. Lol

20210628_041329.jpg

Check out the foot of this speaker. 😫

20210628_041310.jpg
It was worth it!
Looks like that arrangement would suit the 8Cs as well. 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back