3D Sound Shop - Custom PRIRs for the Smyth Realiser A16
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #32 of 73
As promised... The www.3dsoundshop.com website is live!

I am very anxious to get your feedback.
This is amazing - now if I just had my A16 :frowning2: .

My wish list for additional sound samples:

1) A track playing each of the speakers in turn, probably with announcement of which speaker it is, so I can evaluate the virtual positioning.

2) A track of audiophile quality music, ideally acoustic - classical or jazz - to evaluate the speakers themselves, none of which I have heard or am likely too. Surround would be nice, but stereo would be acceptable.

Thanks for the hard work,
Kim

Aug 16, 2021 at 3:43 AM Post #33 of 73
From the Demos sofar: Heard with my Old HD800;

The Genelec sound super Wide, very Cinematic.
The Buchardt sound super clear and precise.

Awesome Job! will definitely buy a few rooms!

Now i wait for my SUSVARA and Test it again! Should be here this Week.

Regards

Aug 16, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #35 of 73
I find the biggest issue with the site... is I want them ALL... :wink:

well done...

I have a feeling your site will be selling well and probably will be bringing more sales to the Smyth team...

I do have a question... these all sound very very good... so just how much better would they sound if it was a personal PRIR vs a Universal PRIR... I can't imagine they would sound much better than what you are offering here... but, I could be wrong...

Aug 16, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #36 of 73
I heard the demos on my Audeze Mobius in stereo mode, They sound really good! Will possibly play them on stereo on the realiser to see how it does with my HD800s as my computer Dac is too weak for it.

Aug 16, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #37 of 73
Really nice! The demos sound quite unnatural to me, I wish there was a way to demo it with a personal manLoud measurement.

Question, do the 24 channel measurements include the same 16 speaker measurements of the regular 16 channel PRIRs? I am not using 24 channel feature yet because it is a bit annoying to switch back and forth when I am using the second user profile. Maybe the workflow will be improved in a future firmware update, so it makes more sense to buy the 24 channel version now.

Aug 16, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #38 of 73
I find the biggest issue with the site... is I want them ALL... :wink:

well done...

I have a feeling your site will be selling well and probably will be bringing more sales to the Smyth team...

I do have a question... these all sound very very good... so just how much better would they sound if it was a personal PRIR vs a Universal PRIR... I can't imagine they would sound much better than what you are offering here... but, I could be wrong...
Thank you for the positive feedback... order away!

Unfortunately... I can't really answer the question on how the two would sound to you. Sorry.

Aug 16, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #39 of 73
I heard the demos on my Audeze Mobius in stereo mode, They sound really good! Will possibly play them on stereo on the realiser to see how it does with my HD800s as my computer Dac is too weak for it.
Cool... If you use the Realiser as your DAC... make sure you enabled stereo mix down and the new hpeq mode... otherwise the a16 will be double processing the audio.

Aug 16, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #40 of 73
Question, do the 24 channel measurements include the same 16 speaker measurements of the regular 16 channel PRIRs? I am not using 24 channel feature yet because it is a bit annoying to switch back and forth when I am using the second user profile. Maybe the workflow will be improved in a future firmware update, so it makes more sense to buy the 24 channel version now.
Here you go...

This question is also answered in the FAQ.

What speaker locations / labels are used for each PRIR?
9.1.6 – L, R, C, SW, Lw, Rw, Lss, Rss, Lb, Rb, Ltf, Rtf, Ltm, Rtm, Ltr, Rtr.

15.1.8 – L, R, C, SW, Lsc, Rsc, Lw, Rw, Ls1, Rs1, Lss, Rss, Lrs1, Rrs1, Lb, Rb, Lh, Rh, Ltf, Rtf, Ltr, Rtr, Lhr, Rhr.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #42 of 73
Really nice! The demos sound quite unnatural to me, I wish there was a way to demo it with a personal manLoud measurement.
I can't imagine they would sound much better than what you are offering here... but, I could be wrong...
The demos were made using my personal HD800 HPEQ. So if you are using HD800 headphones... It shouldn't be that far off. But if you want to take it to the next leveI... I can create personal demos for you via https://3dsoundshop.com/product/personalized-demo-hpeq/ Listening to demos made with your personal HPEQ will be the closest you can get to having the PRIR in your Realiser.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #43 of 73
As promised... The www.3dsoundshop.com website is live!

I am very anxious to get your feedback.

Enjoy

Congrats on the launch! I know this has been a labor of love for you for some time. It's taken an incredible amount of work to get to this point, and I wish you all the best going forward. Thanks for all your hard work!

I look forward to you expanding your line into other high-end speakers sometime in the future (Hint: The Vivid Audio Kaya S12, perhaps?).

Aug 16, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #44 of 73
Ok... I just now put in an order... so some constructive feedback...
1) Pay Pal would be nice as a payment - so I don't have to search down a credit card.. not huge but would be nice
2) The checkout procedure asks for the log file, so you will need to generate that.. easy to do from the manual, page 45 ... the checkout wont' let you upload the log file unless you ZIP the file first... a little strange as the log file is very small so the ZIP doesn't really do anything...

Aug 16, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #45 of 73
Ok... I just now put in an order... so some constructive feedback...
1) Pay Pal would be nice as a payment - so I don't have to search down a credit card.. not huge but would be nice
2) The checkout procedure asks for the log file, so you will need to generate that.. easy to do from the manual, page 45 ... the checkout wont' let you upload the log file unless you ZIP the file first... a little strange as the log file is very small so the ZIP doesn't really do anything...
Thanks for bringing this up.

1) Stripe is the best (at least for me) compromise for domestic and international sales.
2) Unfortunately, Wordpress does not allow .bin or .svs files to be uploaded through Woocommerce. So a .zip seemed painless enough. I have uploaded a "How To" PDF to the FAQ of the website... I am going to try to ad it to the checkout as well.

I have attached the "How To" PDF here as well.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• A16-Log-and-HPEQ-Instructions.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back