2359glenn | studio
Jul 10, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #3,676 of 39,994
Quote:

It doesn't take me much to start singing and I sing bad, you and Clayton will be very embarrassed!

BTW there is a lot of talk about the 596 lately on the Woo thread, I don't know why it's been glorified so much.

After all it's just the female version of the 5U4GB.

As a "Woozie" I'd like to suggest that for me it was simply a matter of the way my Woo was voiced, tube complemented and the system I ran. Many variables - I loved what this particular glass brought to my table. BUT, this can be said for nearly all gears and accessories introduced to one's system. What plays well inside your listening room, may or may not get my attention. It usually does 
wink_face.gif
though.

biggrin.gif
 And who doesn't like females? I kid I kid. I'll rock any version if it's worthy to be in my system. Currently, my gear is suffering from claustrophobia. 
rolleyes.gif

Jul 10, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #3,677 of 39,994
Quote:

Reims is one of my yearly trips, it's not even a 2 hour drive from my place. Was thinking of taking Clayton there, but we'll see.

Yeah, those 596 lovers don't know what good sound is. I'll have a 5U4G(B) any time! The RK-60 is also very nice, have you had a chance to listen to that one?

Misguided '596' lovers? Apples & Oranges, really. But 
rolleyes.gif
if you say so. I had NO idea you lived so close to a luxury of 
tongue_smile.gif
sparkles!

Jul 10, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #3,678 of 39,994
Quote:
You should get an adapter from Glenn for the RK-60. You need an RK-60
biggrin.gif

I am not a tube addict, I don't like tubes, I really don't like tubes, no more tubes, I am going SS..........................

Jul 10, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #3,679 of 39,994
Quote:
I am not a tube addict, I don't like tubes, I really don't like tubes, no more tubes, I am going SS..........................

And I don't like beer. I'm going crazy.

Jul 10, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #3,680 of 39,994
Quote:
Quote:

When I Jet to Paris, I'm definitely making time 
wink.gif
for Reims, France. Though, I'm left wondering if my love of Champagne & Luxury baths - not always together - leaves me with a fascination 
blink.gif
for bubbles.

Reims is one of my yearly trips, it's not even a 2 hour drive from my place. Was thinking of taking Clayton there, but we'll see.

Quote:

It doesn't take me much to start singing and I sing bad, you and Clayton will be very embarrassed!

BTW there is a lot of talk about the 596 lately on the Woo thread, I don't know why it's been glorified so much.

After all it's just the female version of the 5U4GB.

Yeah, those 596 lovers don't know what good sound is. I'll have a 5U4G(B) any time! The RK-60 is also very nice, have you had a chance to listen to that one?

Ah, Ultra we are in the different strokes club...I have a 5U4GB and prefer the 596...Both are at the top of my list though.

Jul 10, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #3,685 of 39,994
Quote:
Ok I'll keep watching from a distance:wink: the fact is that I do not even know how they sound, but they look so seductive, maybe I am crazy
biggrin.gif

What you need to do is touch one. And caress it if you 
rolleyes.gif
must. And then find a way to hear it.

Jul 10, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #3,686 of 39,994
Quote:
What you need to do is touch one. And caress it if you 
rolleyes.gif
must. And then find a way to hear it.

That's exactly what I did with a seashell that I picked up on the beach yesterday afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back