2359glenn | studio
Nov 24, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #12,317 of 39,986
  So I got married and stuff. Had a great time with Clayton, I hope he had as much fun as we did
Here's the only pic I'll share online

https://www.instagram.com/p/-T7ku5vBnA/

Now stop looking at my wife's ass 
rolleyes.gif

Congratulations L I am sure you guys had a great time.
The good times are just beginning.

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #12,318 of 39,986
I think Dave was following up on the 275A issue.  The 275A only has a plate dissipation of 17 watts (as opposed to the 300Bs 36 watts).  Are the amps run such that the current and voltage on the plates would be less than 17 watts?

Shawn

Nov 24, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #12,319 of 39,986
  So I got married and stuff. Had a great time with Clayton, I hope he had as much fun as we did
Here's the only pic I'll share online

https://www.instagram.com/p/-T7ku5vBnA/

Now stop looking at my wife's ass 
rolleyes.gif

I had the best time at the best wedding ever! You, your wife, your family and friends all made me feel like I was a part of your family and even more. It was a wonderful experience to finally see your dreams come true (and mine as well).

That's a great picture—I was there, too! Although a little to the left and off camera. :wink:

Nov 25, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #12,320 of 39,986
  I think Dave was following up on the 275A issue.  The 275A only has a plate dissipation of 17 watts (as opposed to the 300Bs 36 watts).  Are the amps run such that the current and voltage on the plates would be less than 17 watts?

Shawn

The current can be turned down by adjusting the bias but not te plate voltage.
If this tube can handle the plate voltage the wattage and plate current can be calculated and set.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Nov 25, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #12,321 of 39,986
In this instance, the 275A it won't work I don't think.  Assuming you run B+ on the plates of 425v anyway.  The 275A is rated to only 300 volts based on the WE datasheet (the WE datasheet for the 300B states it is only rated to 400 volts http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/084/3/300B.pdf, but I know they fudged that and that new 300Bs generally are rated to 450v.  WE is more adamant that the plate dissipation should be no more than 36 watts on the 300B (17 watts on the 275A)).  Anyway, if the 275A could handle 425 volts on the plate (which it cannot), you could only bias it to a max of 40ma before you reached the maximum plate dissipation.  On the 300B, with 425 on the plates, your bias is around 85ma before you reach 36 watts. 

Nov 26, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #12,323 of 39,986
Nice George...you just gave my turkey an inferiority complex!
Fortunately Clayton is bringing one of his yummy pecan pies tonight....
Bad news is that crab season is late this year.
Usually crab season starts just before Thanksgiving so we have huge dungeness mess before turkey.

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #12,324 of 39,986
Yummy pecan pie, i have mostly a carnivorous menu here. Could use some dessert. Since its most likely my last thanksgiving in PR my mom wanted to thank most of her friends and family for all their support. Gonna post some more later on.

Nov 26, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #12,327 of 39,986
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

George, that pig looks wonderful.

Nov 26, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #12,330 of 39,986
Look yummy. Those look like what we'll be having for dinner tonight, of course we throw in turkey and han to complete the feast.

On a more headfi note, anyone here planning to buy the massdrop x fostex th x00? I've been searching for a closed can for movies and late night loud listening, this seems to answer the call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back