2359glenn | studio
May 5, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #9,601 of 39,986

I got some West Lake Dragon Well while I was in Shanghai last year and few bottles of Dom in the wine fridge, after all the continuous traveling last couple months, I think I deserve a quiet night with either special drinks.

We are like passing ships last few times I'm in west coast. I need to get in touch with DG next time in Chicago area...

The Dragonwell I have in the cupboard may be more pedestrian 
rolleyes.gif
 but enjoyed some all of last week. Yesterday, enjoyed some French bubbly. Today, it was Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls. And after the conclusion of tomorrow's 65 mile bike ride, a quart of ice-cold Chocolate milk for recovery purposes. 

Though, tomorrow's dinner escapes 
blink.gif
 me...

May 6, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #9,603 of 39,986
Since yesterday my 300B sounds like it was going to take of to Mars any second. It just started doing it when I was listening to my new headphone.
It seems to be/sound like something is shaking inside, and when I push the top cover behind the tubes, it goes dead silent.

Glenn I made a video and I'm trying to convert it so I can send it to you by pm for some problem solving. I suppose the good thing is I will finally use one of my other amps again
rolleyes.gif

May 6, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #9,605 of 39,986
I am using the T1's, they work really well with this amp. Yes I did notice the smell, wondered what it was.
I only have an hour or so with these tubes, did you notice a difference with break in.???

Nope, my tubes are break in already by DG. :D

May 9, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #9,606 of 39,986
Been quiet herd for a while. I found this interesting music available for download:
http://www.alternesia.com/download.html

May 10, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #9,607 of 39,986
May 11, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #9,608 of 39,986
Yesterday Clayton and I enjoyed a Tuscan style lunch on the deck at Kachina Vineyards in Sonoma.
biggrin.gif

We drank Sangiovese Rose, Nancy's French style (Sur Lie) Chardonnay, a rare Charbono, 2 cabernets (including a 2004 from the Library that the winemaker donated) and finished with Zinfandel Port.
The weather was perfect...it was a fine afternoon! 
I was having too much fun to take any pics, but this was the aftermath: 

May 11, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #9,609 of 39,986
  Yesterday we had a Tuscan style lunch with Clayton on the deck at Kachina Vineyards in Sonoma.
biggrin.gif

We drank Sangiovese Rose, Nancy's French style (Sur Lie) Chardonnay, a rare Charbono, 2 cabernets (including a 2004 from the Library that the winemaker donated) and finished with Zinfandel Port.
The weather was perfect...it was a fine afternoon! 
I was having too much fun to take any pics, but this was the aftermath: 

I want to move to SF now... 
beerchug.gif

May 11, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #9,610 of 39,986
Well I wanted to buy a  TOTL OTL   for my HD 800 & after some research & helpful advice by some Head-Fi members, I am on the waiting list for a Glenn OTL. I already have a name for my unborn amp, it will be called "TOTO" (short for TOTL OTL)
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #9,611 of 39,986
  Well I wanted to buy a  TOTL OTL   for my HD 800 & after some research & helpful advice by some Head-Fi members, I am on the waiting list for a Glenn OTL. I already have a name for my unborn amp, it will be called "TOTO" (short for TOTL OTL)
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

May 11, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #9,613 of 39,986
Well I wanted to buy a  TOTL OTL   for my HD 800 & after some research & helpful advice by some Head-Fi members, I am on the waiting list for a Glenn OTL. I already have a name for my unborn amp, it will be called "TOTO" (short for TOTL OTL) :D

Nice, the best part is you have the tubes for it already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back