2359glenn | studio
Oct 18, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #931 of 39,986
Quote:
Those what you see are power supply chokes the power transformer is a R-Core mounted flat under the chassis.
The amp is a OTL no output transformers.

Oh, it is a OTL, my bad.

The pair Tango cost $431.09
frown.gif

[size=x-small]FE-25-5[/size]
[size=x-small]25
(50Hz)
[/size]
[size=x-small]5K[/size]
[size=x-small]4,8,16 [/size]
[size=x-small]10Hz-80KHz[/size]
[size=x-small]160mA[/size]
[size=x-small]45, 6V6
6CW5
[/size]

[size=x-small]83[/size][size=x-small]x78x81[/size]
[size=x-small]1.6[/size][size=x-small]Kg[/size]

And lundahl LL1630-PP‏:

Griffin,

I don't stock these, but can get them on a special order basis.  They are $150 each, plus shipping.  The transformer covers are $24 each.

What power transformer you need is dependent on your circuit.

Cheers,

Kevin

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #933 of 39,986
Quote:
It is my understanding that good output transformers are costly. unfortunately

The most critical part IMHO.

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #935 of 39,986
Quote:
Oh, it is a OTL, my bad.

The pair Tango cost $431.09
frown.gif

[size=x-small]FE-25-5[/size]
[size=x-small]25
(50Hz)
[/size]
[size=x-small]5K[/size]
[size=x-small]4,8,16 [/size]
[size=x-small]10Hz-80KHz[/size]
[size=x-small]160mA[/size]
[size=x-small]45, 6V6
6CW5
[/size]

[size=x-small]83[/size][size=x-small]x78x81[/size]
[size=x-small]1.6[/size][size=x-small]Kg[/size]

And lundahl LL1630-PP‏:

Griffin,

I don't stock these, but can get them on a special order basis.  They are $150 each, plus shipping.  The transformer covers are $24 each.

What power transformer you need is dependent on your circuit.

Cheers,

Kevin

Griffin

I would go with the Lundahl transformers studio equipment uses Lundahl.
The next amp I build is going to be transformer output and use Lundahl Transformers.
And $150 each is not that bad for high quality Transformers.

Oct 18, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #937 of 39,986
Because I did not hear from Lundahl for a few days when I email them for qoute. I hope Tango FE25-5 are the right choice. I did not go for Hashimoto and Tamura because their tonal signatures are on the clean airy and lean side the house. Not my tast.

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #938 of 39,986
Quote:
Because I did not hear from Lundahl for a few days when I email them for qoute. I hope Tango FE25-5 are the right choice. I did not go for Hashimoto and Tamura because their tonal signatures are on the clean airy and lean side the house. Not my tast.

What are you building?

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #939 of 39,986
Quote:

Both Tango and Lundahl have good reputations.  I think it will work out okay for you. 

To echo SO, I'm curious too..... are you doing your own DIY project?  If so then you're far more courageous (not to mention skilled) than I am.

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #940 of 39,986
Quote:

What are you building?

A Stax SRD-7 Pro beater
basshead.gif

Quote:
Both Tango and Lundahl have good reputations.  I think it will work out okay for you. 

To echo SO, I'm curious too..... are you doing your own DIY project?  If so then you're far more courageous (not to mention skilled) than I am.

Mr. Glenn is going to build this for me as prototype, I shall ask him offer this to public
biggrin.gif

So far I got:

The soul Tango FE25-5

Custom case will be refinished by PanelExpress for cut-outs

LEGENBURG Rectangular HOOK-UP Wire RED, 20 awg (UP-OCC Copper Mono-Crystal design) and some Neotech 12 awg  Solid-core UP-OCC COPPER Wire, Teflon

NKK S823 20+ amp@125v rating. Silver plated brass for all contacts and terminals

SCHURTER - CD64.1101.151 Swiss made swich 10 Amp

CMC 878M-SE, with set screws, I tried to avoid solder connection when I could for signal path. I looked at Furutech, WBT, Vampire, and many others. They either toooo expensive, not glod plated copper or, no set screws.

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #941 of 39,986
Custom Teflon Chassis Jack for Stax Headphones from HeadAmp

Posts Gold Plated Point to Point Connection Board

Maybe these

Have these between footer and case:
Round grungebuster washers in a variety of sizes for audio and electronic applications, for decoupling and vibration control. Same silicone-based formula as our highly regarded grungebuster Dots and Damping Sheets. Withstands continuous temperature up to 400° F (204° C)

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #943 of 39,986
Quote:
Man, are you thick! 12 gauge solid core wire? That is thicker than my house wiring!
confused.gif

The 12 awg is only for short speaker signal pass through section (in and out). Most good copper speaker wires are between 12 to 8 awg. I don't want this "amp" to be the bottle neck in my speaker signal path. I took apart my little table top Dear MP-5 tube amp which got 14awg wire to speaker posts. So I think 12awg to be minimum.

Oct 19, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #945 of 39,986
Quote:
The 12 awg is only for short speaker signal pass through section (in and out). Most good copper speaker wires are between 12 to 8 awg. I don't want this "amp" to be the bottle neck in my speaker signal path. I took apart my little table top Dear MP-5 tube amp which got 14awg wire to speaker posts. So I think 12awg to be minimum.

I remember my college days were everyone laugh at me using 14 gauge wire for the speakers where everyone else were using 20 or 22 gauge for speakers wires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back