2359glenn | studio
Mar 27, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #76 of 39,986
It sounds very logical, I agree too.

Mar 27, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #77 of 39,986
I would tend to agree but there seems to be  a few things going on under the covers that we did not know about. I still do not know the reasons why engineers make different getter arangements for the 3DG4 tubes. Why spend the money and trouble doing this? The plates techology used in the 3DG4 tubes have changed very little in design over their time period that I can see. Too many questions and not enough answers.    

Mar 27, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #78 of 39,986

Quote:

FYI @ Xcalibur255

I too, may end up with a 45 amp... and soon! This Blue Power light is way too bright for my late night/overnight sessions. I like silence and darkness in the background. I'm close to re-positioning the amp at a 45 degree angle. 
dt880smile.png

Didn't mean to imply I was getting a 45 amp.

[size=medium]I love the blue power light! I think it is cool! What is worst is the blue power light on my monitor it always shining in the corner of my eye at least it does not blink.  What about my DAC that has 30 LED lit on it across its two feet? At least it is above my head. The two blue lights on my speaker monitors and the computer blue light on the door hinge. I can always find my way in the dark.   
ksc75smile.gif
[/size]

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #79 of 39,986

Quote:
[size=medium]I love the blue power light! I think it is cool! What is worst is the blue power light on my monitor it always shining in the corner of my eye at least it does not blink.  What about my DAC that has 30 LED lit on it across its two feet? At least it is above my head. The two blue lights on my speaker monitors and the computer blue light on the door hinge. I can always find my way in the dark.   
ksc75smile.gif
[/size]

Light pollution-

I think some manufacturers have gotten carried away... "Look at me, look at me!"  I had to go so far as to place (hide?) the USBridge and external HDD underneath the Maple block, the two are so bright! 

I really don't mind the illumination of some components, but collectively... 
rolleyes.gif
 enough already!
deadhorse.gif

Without resorting to film, I wish I could dim the Silver Hawk's power button. Actually, I just got an idea - move the amp back a couple of inches and simply prop something in front of it in-session. 

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #82 of 39,986

Quote:
Am I the only person who thinks that a power indicator light on a piece of tube gear is a little redundant? 
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:
Indeed. However, it is a nice indicator in case there is some sort of catastrophic failure.

I'm with Xcalibur255 on this one! Seated a mere 12" away from the amp, if something catastrophic happens... I'm going to know at some point. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #83 of 39,986
I had a few catastrophic events already. The amp power button is always depressed and I control the power by using the power center. The power light just tells me that the amp fuse and the secondary is active by the way Glenn has wired the light.

Mar 27, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #85 of 39,986
You might be able to put a filter in front of the LED to cut down the light. The light and switch came with the blank case. I am sure Glenn will find a way. My Gigaware USB memory thumb drive has the most annoying light ever. I like the silver front panel since a black panel does not always hold up specially at the edges. I have other  equipment with black panels and the paint even fadded.  A black panel might make the light seems brighter.  As long you are aware of what could happen you are good to go.

Mar 27, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #86 of 39,986
That depends upon how the switch is configured. If the voltage supply to the LED is separate from the switching voltage supply, then yes. A resistor could be added in line and would drop the voltage and reduce the brightness. My bet is it's an all-in-one button like the Bulgin switch I used on my ß22/σ22. I'd really have to see how it is wired to know.

Quote:
Since I've yet to ship the amp back, do you think he'll be able to reduce the brightness of the LED? 

Mar 27, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #87 of 39,986

Quote:
You might be able to put a filter in front of the LED to cut down the light. The light and switch came with the blank case. I am sure Glenn will find a way. My Gigaware USB memory thumb drive has the most annoying light ever. I like the silver front panel since a black panel does not always hold up specially at the edges. I have other  equipment with black panels and the paint even fadded.  A black panel might make the light seems brighter.  As long you are aware of what could happen you are good to go.

I'll find a way to deal with it. So, our designer can focus on other things like getting other builds done. 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back