2359glenn | studio
May 19, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #39,556 of 39,994
A few have said that Glenn is building amps again.

He has not posted here in a long time, so who knows.

I would say that everybody's best bet to get ahold of him would be however they communicated with him before.

Hopefully he is doing OK.

If so I would surely hope there would be some sort of communication.
I have been in touch with him all this time & after some month's silence he comes back with an assurance that he is building amp & some sort of progress. Thus far........ nothing. So now I am not sure what to believe in. Phewwww

May 19, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #39,557 of 39,994
I have tried but he is again in a radio silence zone from past 1.5 months.
Not ethical at all & especially when people trusted, believed in him for such a long time, no matter how hard the last 2 years for all of us (after all we are in the same boat). Not sure if we ever get the amp or our money back.

You heard from him 1.5 months ago? I think that's luckier than most of us. I haven't been able to get a response from him in almost 2 years. I agree it's very frustrating when requests for an update/refund have been met with silence for so long.

May 19, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #39,558 of 39,994
You heard from him 1.5 months ago? I think that's luckier than most of us. I haven't been able to get a response from him in almost 2 years. I agree it's very frustrating when requests for an update/refund have been met with silence for so long.
Yeah... 1.5 mnths ago but it doesn't matter as it is not going anywhere... just skype chats n some video calls....

May 19, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #39,560 of 39,994
I do not know his current situation. However, in 2014, he wrote:

"I am a little slow I have a full time job and I have stage 4 cancer and the medication kicks my ass. So sometimes after work I am to tired to do anything.
And have a few people waiting for amps."

While it certainly would be good if he would explain his current situation, I suspect he is still dealing with cancer, medications that knock him down, and working full time. :frowning2:

Last edited:
May 19, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #39,561 of 39,994
I'd do everything possible to get your money now. As far as I know, I'm still technically in queue but I have no confidence what I ordered would ever get built. I ordered Oct 2019 and was told a 6 month wait, gave deposit in April 2020, and finally asked for a refund of the $750 I put down in April 2021. He didn't reply to messages here, but did when I emailed the same address I Paypaled the deposit to. He refunded the money but he sent it as a purchase so I was out the fees for no good reason. I just let it go. I was told probably 10 times that he was actively building mine. At one point I asked specifically if it would be ready in a month since he'd told me a few times he was building it and it would be done soon, because I had an Aeolus I was selling, but wanted to keep it until I at least heard it with the Glen. He assured me it would be. That was August 2020. I've been following this thread and have read every post since Oct 2019. I don't recall a single person posting that they'd gotten their new Glenn in all that time. I don't know what's going on. Hopefully it's just wishful thinking on his part and he's telling himself that he is going to build all those ordered, but just being honest about not actually building anything for years now would be better for all.

Personally I'd advise anyone who has given him money to demand it back. My understanding was he doesn't ask for money until he starts building, but I and many others gave him money well before that in hopes that it would spur him to build them.

No judgment here, because you never know what someone is going through. But better safe than sorry to just get your money back. I've seen 3-4 used for sale in the past year, and got one of them myself. I'd be shocked if any more actually ever get built.

Last edited:
May 21, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #39,562 of 39,994
I'd do everything possible to get your money now. As far as I know, I'm still technically in queue but I have no confidence what I ordered would ever get built. I ordered Oct 2019 and was told a 6 month wait, gave deposit in April 2020, and finally asked for a refund of the $750 I put down in April 2021. He didn't reply to messages here, but did when I emailed the same address I Paypaled the deposit to. He refunded the money but he sent it as a purchase so I was out the fees for no good reason. I just let it go. I was told probably 10 times that he was actively building mine. At one point I asked specifically if it would be ready in a month since he'd told me a few times he was building it and it would be done soon, because I had an Aeolus I was selling, but wanted to keep it until I at least heard it with the Glen. He assured me it would be. That was August 2020. I've been following this thread and have read every post since Oct 2019. I don't recall a single person posting that they'd gotten their new Glenn in all that time. I don't know what's going on. Hopefully it's just wishful thinking on his part and he's telling himself that he is going to build all those ordered, but just being honest about not actually building anything for years now would be better for all.

Personally I'd advise anyone who has given him money to demand it back. My understanding was he doesn't ask for money until he starts building, but I and many others gave him money well before that in hopes that it would spur him to build them.

No judgment here, because you never know what someone is going through. But better safe than sorry to just get your money back. I've seen 3-4 used for sale in the past year, and got one of them myself. I'd be shocked if any more actually ever get built.
Not sure how will I get my money back. He is not responding to anything......skype calls, his paypal email address, here on headfi PMs or be it this thread. Phewwww.

I completely agree with you, it seems its his wish to built the amps but he is too stuck in his personal life & work which seems quite hectic from past 2 yrs & it would be a shock if we see a new amp.

I wish he is doing well & responds soon to people, at the end of the day it is not a Mammoth of a task to respond to his customers/followers/well wishers.

May 24, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #39,563 of 39,994
I hope everybody gets back what they have coming to them. I am assuming Glenn's health must not be any better than what we last heard. I hope he is doing ok and I wish him well.

I only put down so much when Glenn started my build. I had to pay for updated attenuator, transformer, gold point switches up front.

May 24, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #39,564 of 39,994
It's regrettable that the circumstances have turned out this way. I hope Glenn is doing OK, and he's too busy with work. Man, *** cancer.

I wish you guys all the best to get your money back if he indeed could not deliver the amp that you ordered.

Jun 5, 2022 at 9:38 PM Post #39,566 of 39,994
Unfortunate that I received one of the last amps from Glenn. Hope he's okay and that everyone gets their amp or money back, etc...

Been taking a little break from the Atrium and listening to the Verite Open. Trying to fine tune a roll in my GOTL and I hit a real winner:

Western Electric 422a (with adapter)
Sylvania 6SN7GT (Flat, Staggered Plates)
Tung Sol 5998 (x2)
GEC 6080WA (x2)

Although the Sylvania is far from the best input tube I have, it has a special synergy with the VO. In particular it helps correct it's upper-midrange dip.

PXL_20220606_011907599.jpg

Jun 6, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #39,568 of 39,994
A little Tung Sol / Gec mixed flavor
Yea, I went 5998 and 7236 first and it was good, but a little too clinical sounding. Swapped the GEC's in and the extra bass and warmth meshed perfectly.

Jun 11, 2022 at 11:56 PM Post #39,570 of 39,994
Ok I've fretted long enough. Just listed my GOTL for sale. Hoping it goes to a good home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back