2359glenn | studio
May 7, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #316 of 39,998
wotts was suggesting himself, actually. He's skilled and has access to resources. Not trying to give him up or anything. 
dt880smile.png
 But he might be able to help you.

And if it helps to know, I'll be so silent, you'll be suspicious! 

May 7, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #317 of 39,998
Quote:

And if it helps to know, I'll be so silent, you'll be suspicious! 

No, I don't like that, no way!
We want you active and talking.

May 7, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #319 of 39,998
Bought a NOS 1956 USAF-596 last night. Just received shipping confirmation - going out the door Monday! I feel secure now having a backup!
beerchug.gif

May 7, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #320 of 39,998
May 7, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #321 of 39,998
I hope to acquire a third and an adapter, and send it out on tour. There are some members who'll deserve to hear this rec but won't have the opportunity, so I'm stepping in. My way of giving back to the audio community. Of course, if they own WA5's, then we got a dilemma...

May 7, 2012 at 4:21 AM Post #322 of 39,998
Quote:
SO Nicely put!
wink_face.gif

Now I am counting on the first part of your name!

Wotts do you mean you might be able to find somebody who can build adapters?

I think I might be able to build them myself. I just need to figure out what all goes into them. From what I understand, it's a few passive components, wire and a grid cap. Figuring out what tubes can work where requires reading the tube sheets. To date, I haven't bothered, relying on vast amount of knowledge available here. But I do have a local tube guru that would be willing to teach me what I need to know. Beyond that, I know how to solder, perform light machining and weld. I can't imagine it's too hard.
redface.gif

May 7, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #323 of 39,998
Quote:
I think I might be able to build them myself. I just need to figure out what all goes into them. From what I understand, it's a few passive components, wire and a grid cap. Figuring out what tubes can work where requires reading the tube sheets. To date, I haven't bothered, relying on vast amount of knowledge available here. But I do have a local tube guru that would be willing to teach me what I need to know. Beyond that, I know how to solder, perform light machining and weld. I can't imagine it's too hard.
redface.gif

Nice to be clever with your hands.
The ones I am actually talking about require rewiring of the pin connections, no other parts involved but one socket going inside an octal base.

May 8, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #324 of 39,998
I'll see what I can find in the way of bases and parts.

In the mean time, would anyone like to share so photos of the lovely Glenn amps?
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #325 of 39,998
Quote:
I'll see what I can find in the way of bases and parts.

In the mean time, would anyone like to share so photos of the lovely Glenn amps?
biggrin.gif

Hi wotts, thanks.
I have already ordered the parts, waiting for delivery.
I am looking for a DIY person to put them together.

Posted a photo of the tube under tests in the 6SN7 Tube Addicts thread.

May 8, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #327 of 39,998
Quote:
tongue_smile.gif
 Silent One noisily and hastily races toward 6SN7 thread...)

No need, as promised you'll be the first Head-Fier to test in and give us your opinion.

May 9, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #329 of 39,998
Thanks for the update SO.

Users who are viewing this thread

• domi
Back