2359glenn | studio
Apr 24, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #19,636 of 39,994
I drop the 6h13c on the ground and it bounce up. :)
You shouldn't stop there.

It's a holiday - Anzac Day. So a little treat for myself. An all Gec combo. Thanks Glenn for a very lovely sounding amp. The tubes are nothing but this OTL sure makes them. The euphony. It's beyond goosebumps.

Gec B36, Gec 6080 & Gec 6as7g

Sie benötigen sechs von GEC 6as7g

Apr 24, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #19,637 of 39,994
Nice. The GEC 6AS7Gs are still my favourite power slightly edging TS 5998 and 6BX7's. I mean it is difficult to point which tubes are really the best on Glenn's OTL amp because I cannot make my Darna sound bad unless the tube is noisy. She sounds good whatever tubes I roll.

Exactly right. Too hard to pick the best sounding combo. There are so many good ones. Which is what makes me love this OTL amp.

I haven't shown you my russian combo. :ksc75smile:

Apr 24, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #19,642 of 39,994
Leftside, you are buying all the good B36. Now show me photos of the Gec and Marconi B36s. I'm jelly now.
You’ll have to wait until I get a GOTL otherwise they will look “naked” :)

Apr 24, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #19,644 of 39,994
My Glenn EL3N has finally been built and I believe that Glenn would be sending it out soon. I can't wait for it to arrive so that I can start enjoying the sweet sweet Glenn EL3N sound.

I have sent the Auteur back to ZMF as the right driver failed, I hope to have it back when the EL3N reaches me. In the meantime, I still have the Abyss, LCD-2 & HD6XX to play with.

PS: I also have a Atticus (rusted zebra) on order and I hope to have it with me before end April.

Apr 24, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #19,645 of 39,994
My Glenn EL3N has finally been built and I believe that Glenn would be sending it out soon. I can't wait for it to arrive so that I can start enjoying the sweet sweet Glenn EL3N sound.

I have sent the Auteur back to ZMF as the right driver failed, I hope to have it back when the EL3N reaches me. In the meantime, I still have the Abyss, LCD-2 & HD6XX to play with.

PS: I also have a Atticus (rusted zebra) on order and I hope to have it with me before end April.

Nice. When I come to Singapore in August, I'll self invite myself for a listen. :)

Apr 24, 2018 at 11:51 PM Post #19,649 of 39,994

More i think about it atticus makes sense with the zebra wood i might order one or an hd800.

Apr 25, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #19,650 of 39,994
Exactly right. Too hard to pick the best sounding combo. There are so many good ones. Which is what makes me love this OTL amp.

I haven't shown you my russian combo. :ksc75smile:

Russian combo? Now that would be interesting. Which of your drivers are Russian?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back