2359glenn | studio
Dec 5, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #16,952 of 39,986
Only Glenn has access to this secret tube market. :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Dec 5, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #16,956 of 39,986
2.50 each, these are cheaper than 6BL7! :beerchug:

I think Matt will buy two boxes of these for burning in... :smile_phones:
That was then... It used to be that you could buy these Svetlana tubes in lots of 50 or 100, but not any more. As far as I know, there is no current manufacturer of 6AS7 type tubes today but I may be wrong....China?

Dec 5, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #16,957 of 39,986
Flashing lights in timing with the music would be coool. You need to make one for @ru4music . He owes me a more comprehensive review of Scarlett.

I still owe myself a comprehensive review! lol Listened again last night and have about 50+ hours on Scarlett so far, the mid vocal/ instrument timbre, detail, PRAT and separation are what stand out in my mind at the moment. The bass is a little on the lighter side (to be expected) but balanced overall in the presentation and this is followed up with decent high end extension and detail. It seems that almost everything (if not all) I throw at it music wise seems to sound good. More to come...

trinket_RadioShack_ColorOrgan_1977.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #16,958 of 39,986
They get to hot to put on a Christmas tree. But they would look cool.
I could make spinning lights with Deckatron tubes they don't get hot old computer counter tubes.

That's too bad, we could've strung 19 of them in series for 120VAC (19 x 6.3 Vf = 119.7 V) and just like the old Christmas tree lights when one burned out none of them would work. :)

Dec 6, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #16,959 of 39,986
I still owe myself a comprehensive review! lol Listened again last night and have about 50+ hours on Scarlett so far, the mid vocal/ instrument timbre, detail, PRAT and separation are what stand out in my mind at the moment. The bass is a little on the lighter side (to be expected) but balanced overall in the presentation and this is followed up with decent high end extension and detail. It seems that almost everything (if not all) I throw at it music wise seems to sound good. More to come...

Thanks for the initial impressions. I shouldn't rush you. EL3N takes time to develop it's full potential. It needs a lot of hours to get the tubes to optimum. Needless to say that applies to Scarlett too. Enjoy discovering how the tone evolve.

Dec 6, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #16,960 of 39,986

trinket_RadioShack_ColorOrgan_1977.jpg

When using the ZMF Ori and the GEL3N the sub bass is fantastic and very addicting.

I have the Atticus ordered and cant wait to hear the wonderful mid bass it is suppose to have.

Dec 6, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #16,962 of 39,986
A 6802 deckatron tube hooked as a spinner. I used to sell these things on E-Bay
These were used as divide by 10 counters in computers.

dekatron-anim.gif

This is cool Glenn. Aren't you selling one right now? :ksc75smile:

Dec 6, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #16,963 of 39,986
When using the ZMF Ori and the GEL3N the sub bass is fantastic and very addicting.

I have the Atticus ordered and cant wait to hear the wonderful mid bass it is suppose to have.

Joe - comparison of Atiicus on OTL and EL3N will be very interesting! I mean, I have been toying the idea of getting an Atticus for myself but have been using speakers lately so still holding that plan... :)

Dec 6, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #16,965 of 39,986
No I would have to build it have to buy a 6802 tube the Russian tubes light purple.
Gave one of these to Stavros don't know if he still has the silly thing. Thought it would be interesting for a tube collector.

6802-syl-f.jpg

Of course I have it I don't part with gifts from friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back