2359glenn | studio
Nov 4, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #16,401 of 39,983
UT I will be building your amp next week.

Great ! No rush Glenn even though I'm looking forward to it. Too many gear to occupy me at the moment. As much as I love toying with the new Yamaha AV receiver and Pioneer SACD player, I still enjoy listening to music on headphones.

Yggdrasil and Ragnarok keeping me happy with the headphones for now. Yggy is a very revealing dac. I love the details it's churning out. I think it will pair very well with the OTL amp.

Don't forget my adapters Glenn. :yum:

ECC31 to 6SN7
6F8G to 6SN7
FDD20 to 6SN7

I'm so looking forward to rolling in the tubes. Staring at my brand new Cetron 6336b graphite plates tubes now. :ksc75smile:

Nov 4, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #16,403 of 39,983
I am listening to Pink Floyd dark side of the moon incredible.

Holy doly, didn't know you like Pink Floyd. I love Dark Side of the Moon !!! .... and Wish You Were Here.

Are you using HD800 right now? I still love HD800 despite using Eikon and Atticus a lot more now.

Nov 4, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #16,404 of 39,983
Arnold aka @lukeap69 please get out your Nikon slr and shoot some nice pictures of your Darna and post it up here. I want front, top and back views.
Matt, I shoot Canon. At least I used to. I am too busy (/lazy) to do a proper setup and too lazy to disassemble Darna. She resides under my study/work desk keeping my legs warm at night. Besides, Glenn's photos from the past are good and gives the Back to the Future feeling.
:beyersmile:

Nov 4, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #16,406 of 39,983
Nov 4, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #16,408 of 39,983
Looks like the 2nd shift has come online. :)

Arnold that is not the place to keep your tube amp. Up on the desk so you can admire it and it won't harm your tender parts.

So Jason has a lot of amps? Don't worry I'm bias. I will insist my Raggy doll sounds better. :blush: Don't forget I'm attending a local Sydney meet this coming Sat. The Woos, Accuphase and what nots will also be there. Ah the Abyss... the world's ugliest headphone. It's like a medieval head torture device.

Ross, what are you doing? You are selling and buying like a professional trader. I will sell you my Rag so I can get a EL3N amp. :yum:

Nov 4, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #16,409 of 39,983
I am building Jason another EL3N amp as soon as the Tribute transformers get here. They are taking for ever to
get built. Going to have input transformer and inter stage transformer no coupling capacitor,

Nov 4, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #16,410 of 39,983
I am building Jason another EL3N amp as soon as the Tribute transformers get here. They are taking for ever to
get built. Going to have input transformer and inter stage transformer no coupling capacitor,

Then I must pay Jason a visit. Presumably he would get his new EL3N by next Aug. Tribute Transformers from the Netherlands? I would be happy with Lundahl. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back