2359glenn | studio
Nov 5, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #16,411 of 39,983
Looks like the 2nd shift has come online. :)

Arnold that is not the place to keep your tube amp. Up on the desk so you can admire it and it won't harm your tender parts.

So Jason has a lot of amps? Don't worry I'm bias. I will insist my Raggy doll sounds better. :blush: Don't forget I'm attending a local Sydney meet this coming Sat. The Woos, Accuphase and what nots will also be there. Ah the Abyss... the world's ugliest headphone. It's like a medieval head torture device.

Ross, what are you doing? You are selling and buying like a professional trader. I will sell you my Rag so I can get a EL3N amp. :yum:

I LOLed on the 2nd shift.:ksc75smile:

In order to admire Darna, one has to bow down then be amazed! :L3000:

Nov 5, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #16,412 of 39,983
I am building Jason another EL3N amp as soon as the Tribute transformers get here. They are taking for ever to
get built. Going to have input transformer and inter stage transformer no coupling capacitor,

I believe this will be the ultimate EL3N amp!!! :beerchug:

Nov 5, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #16,413 of 39,983
Looks like the 2nd shift has come online. :)

Arnold that is not the place to keep your tube amp. Up on the desk so you can admire it and it won't harm your tender parts.

So Jason has a lot of amps? Don't worry I'm bias. I will insist my Raggy doll sounds better. :blush: Don't forget I'm attending a local Sydney meet this coming Sat. The Woos, Accuphase and what nots will also be there. Ah the Abyss... the world's ugliest headphone. It's like a medieval head torture device.

Ross, what are you doing? You are selling and buying like a professional trader. I will sell you my Rag so I can get a EL3N amp. :yum:

This is the ban
I believe this will be the ultimate EL3N amp!!! :beerchug:

If it’s really good I may have to start convincing Jason to sell to me once he’s bored with it :p

Nov 5, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #16,414 of 39,983
If it’s really good I may have to start convincing Jason to sell to me once he’s bored with it :p

Jason and I have been discussing possible name for this amp but I will not reveal as of yet as I do not have the authority. I doubt Jason will get bored with this amp but who knows... :ksc75smile:

Nov 5, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #16,417 of 39,983
Nov 5, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #16,418 of 39,983
Nov 5, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #16,420 of 39,983
Ok I've hunt all over the internet and this might be the closest to what I'll be getting..... minus the left tube rectifier socket.

Whose amp is this?

GOTL_PROGRESS_PHOTO1.jpg

Nov 5, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #16,421 of 39,983
I am listening to @ru4music EL3N amp now. I love the sound of the EL3N amp.

It is great that you will soon own another one for yourself.

It is almost like having two amps with the different modes.

My Grado RS1 headphones in two tube stage, with nothing in the signal path...sound incredible with guitars and the mids are to die for.

You did a wonderful job in making the amp so you can change modes on the fly , and without even hearing any clicks or pops or any noise at all when you switch modes.

Nov 5, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #16,422 of 39,983
Ok I've hunt all over the internet and this might be the closest to what I'll be getting..... minus the left tube rectifier socket.

Whose amp is this?

That is a real beauty!

Nov 5, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #16,423 of 39,983
UT
Here are some pics of OTL amps with six 6BL7 sockets

First is Jason's over the top OTL. Originally made it for someone in AU but they sold it to Jason before I shipped it.
GEDC2038.JPG

I think this is Darna

GEDC1996.JPG

Attachments

• GEDC1996.JPG
    GEDC1996.JPG
    484.5 KB · Views: 0
Nov 5, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #16,424 of 39,983
It is great that you will soon own another one for yourself.

It is almost like having two amps with the different modes.

My Grado RS1 headphones in two tube stage, with nothing in the signal path...sound incredible with guitars and the mids are to die for.

You did a wonderful job in making the amp so you can change modes on the fly , and without even hearing any clicks or pops or any noise at all when you switch modes.

Listening to @ru4music EL3N amp with Audio Technica closed back phones 32 ohms that Lucy bought me.
makes me realize I have to get UT's amp done so I can have my EL3N amp built before Christmas.
Listening to Joe Bonamassa and Pink Floyd Sounds crazy good.

Nov 5, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #16,425 of 39,983
Listening to @ru4music EL3N amp with Audio Technica closed back phones 32 ohms that Lucy bought me.
makes me realize I have to get UT's amp done so I can have my EL3N amp built before Christmas.
Listening to Joe Bonamassa and Pink Floyd Sounds crazy good.

The EL3N amp sounds great with low impedance cans.

My wife and I went to a wedding last night, had a few cocktails and some fine food.
When we got home I listened to Joe Bonamassa's 2CD set, "Live From Nowhere In Particular", before I went to bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back