-------------------------
May 17, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #46 of 74
Can we cement the 30th of June as the meet date then? I'll need to put it down on this job application form.

May 17, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #47 of 74
Sure. I'll change the OP and title.
tongue.gif
I'm excited.

Will have a word with my parents tomorrow to finalise location. I'm going to push for a meet at my flat, which shouldn't be a problem.

May 17, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #48 of 74
30th is good for me and my friend. My parents agree, they don't seem to mind me meeting strangers from the internet.
tongue.gif
It looks like we'll both be coming by train, it's the cheapest option overall, even if it's slower than flying.

May 17, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #50 of 74
Well, count me in for the 30th, provided there's not a huge spike in train fares or something. I'll order tickets at the start of the month. I'll let you know what my friend, Anthony, is doing.
580smile.gif

Edit: I'll be bringing along the following, rucksack space permitting:

* HD-595
* PX-100
* Reference CDs: Holst's "The Planets", Donald Fagen - "The Nightfly", Living Stereo - "Dvorak's New World Symphony" SACD.
* A record or two, if someone has a turntable.
* Laptop

May 17, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #51 of 74
I'll be bringing the full spread, including my turntable. Ill also pinch some of my dads stuff too.

So that'll be:

Stax Omega 2
Stax SR-202
Ergo AMT
Jecklin Float 2
The Surrounder!
B&O A8
HD280

JVC DX1000 if I still have it.
TakeT H2 if I still have it.

Stax SRM-717
Stax SRM-212
Aria P14
TR-2 Transformer if I still have it.
NAD C352 (maybe)

Pro-Ject Xpression
Arcam Alpha 7 (maybe)
iPod
my computer (possibly)

I shall also see if it might be possible for me to borrow a Rega Apollo.

May 18, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #52 of 74
Hmm... I don't have an SACD player
redface.gif
We'll have to make do with ripping into lossless and listening through computer.

Ideally, we need a proper digital source, be it a CDP or a DAC.

Duggeh, will you be able to bring a selection of your music down too?

May 18, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #53 of 74
It comes down a toss up. If I bring my computer, Im not bringing CDs, itd be silly, but i could bring a CDP cos obv people will bring their own discs and an extra source is useful.

Ill bring a bunch of LPs. It would also be fair to warn you I'll probably start drinking from the off unless I'll be needed to do any other driving.

May 18, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #54 of 74
If you can borrow a rega apollo...
evil_smiley.gif

BTW, Duggeh, you're bringing a heck of a lot of stuff... You sure you'll manage? LOL!

Plenty of electrostatic stuff to try
biggrin.gif

How many power adapters do you think we need? Also, do we have enough interconnects? Should I order some from BJC?

I also need to decide how much table space we need.

May 18, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #55 of 74
Let me know what I can bring. If you need some ICs, I can bring some along, they're only stock but I don't really believe in expensive cabling anyway. I'd bring a CDP too, but it's not ideal standing around in a station with it! I'll be bringing my laptop though, so if someone has a decent external sound card we can use that. I might be buying a Behringer one before the 30th anyway. Am I right in thinking you don't have a CDP there? Or did I read that wrong?

Btw, Duggeh, drinking from the off is just fine with me!

May 18, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #56 of 74
Oh, I've got an Audiophile USB. It's a more than decent external soundcard, but obvious doesn't do any pair of headphones justice. that said, you'll still be able to enjoy the various electrostatic headphones to 70-80% of their full potential
biggrin.gif
If you've never listened to the HE60 or SR-007, you're in for a treat. Let's hope the TakeT will be still around by then. They're absolutely incredible too.

Drinking is fine by me as long as we're all over 18 and/or responsible drinkers!
tongue.gif

May 18, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #57 of 74
i would have loved to come, alas i will be working down in england over most of the summer
frown.gif

and it's so close as well. (i usually live in edinburgh 90% of the time)

May 24, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #58 of 74
A shame it was not a month later when I'm in the UK. We dont get much action in Denmark

May 27, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #59 of 74
Disaster! The train prices have jumped quite a bit during the past two weeks, by over £20! So it's now too expensive for me to come really. I only get £80 a month from my parents and the train alone would cost £76. So my apologies to you all, but you'll have to count me and my friend out. I hope you find enough people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back