-------------------------
May 28, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #61 of 74
frown.gif

I'm getting some pressure from my parents to book plane tickets in a couple of days (before they sell out
rolleyes.gif
), so if you want this to happen, please reply. Otherwise, I'm going to have to count myself out.

Anyhow, if it doesn't work out this time, we can always try again some time. My parents have said that they would pay for plane tickets to a London-based meet if there's a big one happening down there.

May 28, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #62 of 74
Oh gnoez, our finest layed plans disintegrating around us.

Jonathan, dont miss out on your trip home in the hope that theres going to be any big thing going down.

Hell, meets dont always come to fruition. But if there are people still interested then post away.

I can manage almost any weekend between now and mid September to any accessible part of the UK incidentally.

May 28, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #63 of 74
*sigh* If no meet is happening, then I'll be back in Hong Kong until around August 17th. I'll be available/free from then until term begins again on September 18th.

Anyway, my parents are pretty supportive, but said that June is peak season for those returning home from boarding school/university so I'd have to book the tickets very soon. They even said they'd pay for a trip to the US next year just to go to Head-Fest
biggrin.gif
I bloody well hope I'll be free around then.

May 28, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #64 of 74
Head-fest is always round exam revision time, thats one of the major reasons why I wont be going till after uni. Money being the other.

IF the meet falls thru, then we should have a mini meet prior to you jetting off, also prior to you jetessoning those RS-2s!

May 28, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #65 of 74
I'll give it another day or two... not giving up yet. Anyhow, I'm leaving on the 7th so I'm going to ask my parents (who are in Edinburgh at the moment) whether there's anything happening on the 3rd June. Are you free then? I'll come up for the day
biggrin.gif
Will bring my amp too if possible.

I don't need the RS-2, but I do need money! LOL I won't be getting another instalment of allowance until when I come back to the UK in August because I get any non-food/essentials (aka hobby) money when I'm in Hong Kong...

May 29, 2007 at 10:03 AM Post #66 of 74
I'm still quite tempted by the thought of a meet, and my vague plan is to avoid the prohibitive train fares by myself and toric334 sharing a lift up. However, I am still not sure how the mechanics of this is going to work, with regards to me getting from London to Bristol to catch the lift early enough to get to Scotland early enough to have sensible meet etc etc... Unfortunately I am still on exams so can't spare the time I'd really like to sorting myself out for this. If my k1000's are going to make the difference to "meet-or-no-meet", then I'll put in some more effort, but if you were looking for something bigger, then I won't strain myself.

Also @ Duggeh, I have been mulling the possibility of another London meet thiss ummer, so I'll be sure to keep you in the loop if one happens down here. I presume London is accessible enough (if far away!)

May 29, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #67 of 74
Stew, is there somewhere around Bristol where we could get a meet going? Perhaps a location further down South would attract more people. I'm currently thinking of sometime after August 17. Train fare down to Bristol won't be an issue.

May 30, 2007 at 9:46 AM Post #68 of 74
Well, I am going to be in London all summer, and somewhere there should be easy to sort and for people to get to. But I don't want to distract from this meet and kill it off completely.

May 30, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #70 of 74
Guys, I'm going to pull out. It's really unfortunate because there's definitely enough interest, but not everyone is able to make it. I haven't been back home in 6 months and want to spend some time at home with family and friends before next term starts. I've decided to leave my Baby Orpheus and Stax amp with Duggeh should the meet still happen. If not, then they're coming back with me to Hong Kong so I can try it on a proper source
biggrin.gif
I'm really sorry and I hope I'll be able to make it next time.

I'm around after the 17th August so I'll keep an eye out for any meets happening then.

May 31, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #71 of 74
You should take your toys back to Hong Kong Milkpowder. If the meet doesnt go thru, we can organise another one later in the year.

Jul 8, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #72 of 74
Is there any interest for a London meet? I have only recently got into this forum so I won't have much gear for you guys to try out (Only an ATH-A900 and an Eddie modded Zhaolu 2.5A, or maybe a Grado depending on timing) but I would be interested in trying out different headphones, and discussing this hobby with like-minded people face to face.

Jul 9, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #73 of 74
Time frame? I'd be interested, but it would have to be late August to mid September. Can't say for sure yet since I may be going to Canada then.

Jul 10, 2007 at 11:18 PM Post #74 of 74
In terms of timeframe, I actually live in Cambridge, and I have no plans for holiday for the next 3 months, so I can pop down to London at moment's notice.

I saw the other thread has quite a lot of traffic. I think I will be better off posting in the other thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back