[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
May 18, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #3,902 of 7,442
SO fast out of stock? 
blink.gif

May 18, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #3,907 of 7,442
Am auditioning the Monk Plus fresh out of the wrapper, blue tips.  J.S. Bach, Triosonata No. 3, BWV 527, office rig: KMF Audio amp.
Preliminary reaction: the Plus seem to lack the fullness and harmonic texture of the originals [with red tips].
Will wait through 24+ hours break-in and gear up at the house with the Fitz-modded Bada PH-12.
It might be too early to tell, but I initially prefer the originals.

May 18, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #3,908 of 7,442
Back in stock at Aliexpress.com for 5 USD plus shipping. Had to order three to stay on the hype train, To the U.S. the total plus shipping was 21.47 USD, still fairly inexpensive for any good audio product much less three. Now all I have to do is wait, that's the cruelest thing.

I will try to give a few listening impressions after delivery and burn-in, may be a while.

May 18, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #3,912 of 7,442
Don't worry, normal :sunglasses:

Not quiet true.
  not to rain on this parade, but i just was informed that the credit card i've been using on the aliexpress site has been hacked into via china (some scam with applepay). this might be god's way of telling me to stop buying headphones. all, please take due precautions with your financial info.

The unauthorized transactions took place on Aliexpress using my creditcard info but not through my account , it was a barrage of 70 - 100 dollar purchases in the space of a few hours until my bank flagged them , contacted me then froze my card.

May 18, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #3,914 of 7,442

Not quiet true.

After a couple of hundred purchases from AE without any problem (with credit card misuse) I'd still say that the risk is no bigger on there than any other place.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back