[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
May 17, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #3,888 of 7,442
Hi fellow Monk's fans, this is my first post here, and I actually joined Head-fi in 2009... So I am embarassed to say I have more or less been a leecher seeping off all the knowledges on this forum without contributing. But I am here to give a shout out to @Brooko
on his extensive reviews and measurements.

I own the original Monk and the Monk Plus. I bought the 75 ohm adapter for fun because of some of the members' opinion on it. I will just reiterate Brooko's finding that a 75 ohm impedance adapter has not made a difference to me for the Monk Plus. The adapter however, has completely changed the sound on my Campfire Orion and Triple Fi 10, but not in the pleasant ways (I hate it). So yeah it seems that an impedance adapter does change BA driver a lot but not in the case of dynamic driver.

I don't have very discerning ears so to me both the original Monk and the Monk Plus sound very similar to me, with the Monk Plus being a touch less airy for female vocal and a bit warmer in general. Thou I will just add that Lee is a magician in creating this thing for 5 USD.

PS: I am a scientist working in academia, so Brooko's reviews are to me, PERFECT because of the objective measurement and data. I bought the Campfire Orion based on your review and it's THE IEM to me. Consider me a fan of yours, Brooko!

Good to have you "officially" on head-fi. I too, concur with Brooko's findings and reviews. We hear one way, we see results another (but it can confirm, or change what we hear). The melding of those two is what drives us for our perfect sound (to us individually).

May 17, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #3,889 of 7,442
These earbuds are freaking amazing but they don't fit my ears right unless I'm completely still. Where can I buy accessories to get them to fit and stay in my ears? Should I wait till VE has the expansion pack or can I go to an actual store? ..... Sorry if this has been answered, but I'm not reading over 200 pages.

Me, too.
I find the original Monks a bit too big around, and they do not "settle down"  as well as, say, my old Sennheiser MX500 used to.

May 18, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #3,897 of 7,442
I want to order more for backup and for friends.. 

it seems EX pack can't be selected (greyed), is this mean I can only order basic monk plus without expansion pack?

someone please clarify..TQ

May 18, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #3,898 of 7,442
  I want to order more for backup and for friends.. 

it seems EX pack can't be selected (greyed), is this mean I can only order basic monk plus without expansion pack?

someone please clarify..TQ

Yes for time being you can order only Monk+ without expansion pack.

May 18, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #3,899 of 7,442

hi 

any idea when will they restock expansion pack? I regret not ordering expansion before, been looking for hiegi foam right but the earhook is hard to find.

May 18, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #3,900 of 7,442

hi 

any idea when will they restock expansion pack? I regret not ordering expansion before, been looking for hiegi foam right but the earhook is hard to find.

You ask directly on their FB page, Dr. Lee will reply quickly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back