2013 October show planning
Oct 23, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #61 of 93
Hi sasaki,

Thank you for arranging for the badges again this year!

I have a friend visiting from overseas and, while not into headphones, he's quite curious about such headphone gathering!

Do you think you'll have extra pass in that situation? As for me, I am aiming for 10AM / saturday but I may have to bring my 2 year old along. Again, if that is an issue, please let me know.

Cheers,
Arnaud

Oct 25, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #63 of 93
Looks like we may be spared the typhoon. Or we may just get a little rain and wind.

Oct 25, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #66 of 93
Sasaki-san,

I am running 20min late, can I call you when I get there?

Arnaud

Oct 26, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #69 of 93
Yeah great to see everyone as well and thanks for the t-shirt.

Oct 27, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #71 of 93
Same here, I had a long time friend visiting over from china, so the show was brief for me. Still managed to get pleasantly surprised by a couple if items, one being the roxanne from JH Audio and the other being the prototype planar from fostex. I liked it much more than all the other planars I tried on that day (new 3d printed phone from mr speaker and lcd-x/xc) as well as the th900 when driven from the same rig. What surprised me was how bright the latest planars were (shrill sounding to my ears for some recordings) while the fostex sounded very effortless.

Wish I had more time to spend with Jude but I think he was in good company with amos & sean...

Cheers,
Arnaud

Oct 27, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #72 of 93
I too was pleasantly surprised by the JH Roxanne. I liked that you can adjust the bass. I went back and forth between JH and FitEar, but the FitEar 335s still won out. And with that eventual upgrade its gonna be hard to beat. Still Roxanne was impressive.

Oct 27, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #73 of 93
The bass adjustment is really neat, that's my main concern with most iems I try, the tonal balance is rarely in line with personal taste and being to tune the JH to my preference was really impressive. The other thing that surprised me is the upper register extension, from the quick listen there's no question this goes higher than my 846 but maintains the great coherence across all drivers that I am used to with JH gear.

Now price is a bit steep and it is rather bulky so it does take some thinking before jumping the gun. I have already spent my money with the 846 so I'll just be waiting for the next iteration (looks like these new connectors support multi-amping , separate adjustments for the different drivers, do who knows where this is going).

Oct 27, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #74 of 93
The bass adjustment is really neat, that's my main concern with most iems I try, the tonal balance is rarely in line with personal taste and being to tune the JH to my preference was really impressive. The other thing that surprised me is the upper register extension, from the quick listen there's no question this goes higher than my 846 but maintains the great coherence across all drivers that I am used to with JH gear.

Now price is a bit steep and it is rather bulky so it does take some thinking before jumping the gun. I have already spent my money with the 846 so I'll just be waiting for the next iteration (looks like these new connectors support multi-amping , separate adjustments for the different drivers, do who knows where this is going).

Seems that so many manufactures are now coming out with proprietary cables. It's good in the sense that that is a sign they are improving the product, but that puts pressure on the after market cable suppliers to meet the new demands.

Oct 27, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #75 of 93
I'm with skoog on the MH335DW SR. As much as I like the Roxanne's treble extension and openess/airiness, the bass of the Roxanne to me was a little funny. I think the 335DW SR is an overall more suited for my tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back