2013 October show planning
Oct 27, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #76 of 93
Saturday was good, not too busy.

Late notice house guests were coming to stay so unfortunately I only had a short time to look around.

I liked the Roxanne, finally tried the Fiio X3........., I thought the new Hifiman player (small sized) was fairly good, Maddogs sound nice and full but a bit heavy in weight and bulk for me, Tried the Ditas, AK100mk2 which I thought was a good little player, checked out Venturecraft....hmm, what else. 

As usual I spent time with Michael from Centrance and traded my pre-order beta for a final build Hifi-M8.

It was a pity I only had time to look around the 7th floor,  and of course Sunday was guest day.

Oct 27, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #77 of 93
Saturday was good, not too busy.

Late notice house guests were coming to stay so unfortunately I only had a short time to look around.

I liked the Roxanne, finally tried the Fiio X3........., I thought the new Hifiman player (small sized) was fairly good, Maddogs sound nice and full but a bit heavy in weight and bulk for me, Tried the Ditas, AK100mk2 which I thought was a good little player, checked out Venturecraft....hmm, what else. 

As usual I spent time with Michael from Centrance and traded my pre-order beta for a final build Hifi-M8.

It was a pity I only had time to look around the 7th floor,  and of course Sunday was guest day.

What is the AK100mk2? I did not see that.

Oct 27, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #80 of 93
That is correct (originally AK100 was around 40 output impedance).

I was considering purchasing the AK120 later next month, but would prefer to spend a little less. How does the AK100 mk2 compare against the 120? Of course it is 32gb vs 64gb. And quite a bit less expensive.

Oct 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #81 of 93
I was considering purchasing the AK120 later next month, but would prefer to spend a little less. How does the AK100 mk2 compare against the 120? Of course it is 32gb vs 64gb. And quite a bit less expensive.

Awww...the AK100 Mk1 wasn't 40 :p. It was 22ohm Zout.

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #87 of 93
Oh, not me please. I purposefully didn't do a "stop by every exhibit for photos & reports" cos I actually wanted to enjoy myself by stopping by only those that interested me. So any report I produce would be quite biased.

I noticed a tonne of other gaijin photographers there & thought they could do the report instead.

Oct 28, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #89 of 93
Oh, not me please. I purposefully didn't do a "stop by every exhibit for photos & reports" cos I actually wanted to enjoy myself by stopping by only those that interested me. So any report I produce would be quite biased.

I noticed a tonne of other gaijin photographers there & thought they could do the report instead.

LOL! I'm sure the Monster and fashion headphone table people were THRILLED that I just glanced at them and walked in the other direction. However, while I didn't stop by Skull Candy originally, I ended up meeting their audio engineer because Jude recognised him. 

I don't mind starting an impressions thread (if someone hasn't already) but I won't write much until I do the full write-up. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back