2013 Autumn Tokyo Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival
Sep 22, 2013 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

It's on again, the bi-annual headphone festival in Tokyo. Two days and 4 floors make up one of the world's biggest, if not THE biggest headphone festival.

Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 October at Stadium Place Aoyama. Note the start and finish times have changed.

If you're visiting or new to Tokyo and need help getting around, a number of us will be going there and can help. 

Sep 23, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #2 of 38
I'm definitely going!!
There's a lot of IEM's that I want to try and hopefully finally decide on 1 to buy!
But I'll only be able to go on saturday so I hope I can meet some of you guys there!

Sep 24, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #4 of 38
Not yet. They haven't put up a page yet and are only showing the May festival poster and link on the web site. 

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #6 of 38
@SigmGT, so far nothing's been discussed yet. I think some people would like to meet but will depend on availability. I think it'll be cool to see a show of hands of who from overseas are coming. That's probably going to be a good motivation for global HF members to meet.

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #7 of 38
I`m new to Head-fi, but local in Tokyo; I`d love to meet up with some of you guys before/after the fair.  

David

Sep 27, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #9 of 38
I'll be in Tokyo from Thursday afternoon. What usually happens is people meet up in some kind of group and head to the two main headphone stores, Fujiya Avic and e-earphone. If there are tourists, we take them there and wherever else we feel like going or someone suggests. Anyone can join in any time. I just give people my phone number and suggest they call. We also have a Find Friends thing going (if you have an iPhone) so it makes it easier to see where we're at and join. 

On the show days it is easy to find us. We all have Head-Fi t-shirts and are running around like crazy trying gear, photographing it and chatting to people. Then we go to dinner afterwards, eat lots of sushi, drink and be merry and catch the last train back to wherever. If you're coming from the US you'll feel tired by 6pm. 

Things to bring if you want to try gear:

1. A micro-SD card with SD adaptor loaded with WAV and/or FLAC files in folders.
  2. If you have good universal or custom IEMs, those, with a 6.5mm/1/4" adaptor.
  3. Your favourite portable player/rig, with a 6.5mm/1/4" adaptor and an optical adaptor if it contains, say, an AK100.
  4. If you're hardcore, a high-end pair of cans. You wont look weird walking around with them on.
  5. A small backpack to carry this stuff in to the show. 

Sep 30, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #11 of 38
Hi all!  Planning to be there but not sure about arriving Thursday or Friday.  It will be my first visit to Tokyo too!  Any reasonable accommodation to recommend that is near to the show as well as the train station?

Oct 10, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #13 of 38
I may be able to go to tokyo on friday and join you guys if you're going to do some "sightseeings" around the shops ^.^v
If not, I intend to arrive in Tokyo on saturday morning and go straight to the festival and hope to meet you guys there!
IIf you want I can send by PM my cellphone number ^.^v

Oct 10, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #15 of 38
  I may be able to go to tokyo on friday and join you guys if you're going to do some "sightseeings" around the shops ^.^v
If not, I intend to arrive in Tokyo on saturday morning and go straight to the festival and hope to meet you guys there!
IIf you want I can send by PM my cellphone number ^.^v

Sadly I found a j-o-b and will have to work on the weekdays. But maybe some of us could meet in the evenings for a meal and drink or something.

Hi all!  Planning to be there but not sure about arriving Thursday or Friday.  It will be my first visit to Tokyo too!  Any reasonable accommodation to recommend that is near to the show as well as the train station?

Most of the visitors from overseas seem to like to stay in Shinjuku Century Southern Tower Hotel, Shinjuku Sunroute Plaza Hotel, or Shibuya Excel Hotel Tokyu. I'm guessing these hotels have good pricing advertised overseas.

To be honest, there's no real need to stay near the show but if you're along the south western side of central Tokyo it'll be good enough (i.e. along Shinjuku, Shibuya, Ebisu, Roppongi, etc.). You could stay on the other side of town, Akihabara (infamous Electric Town with all the gadgets) but it's little bit of a trek to the show. The location of the show itself is a nice but maybe a little quiet at night...you'll have to take maybe 2 train stops away to Shibuya (or Roppongi) for a better nightlife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back