2010 College Football Thread
Jan 11, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #841 of 928
our defense just fell apart in the second quarter, auburn just moved the chains at will...and then at the end our offense came up huge and the defense failed us yet again by not stopping them for one series...it was close, but it wasnt a pretty game by either team. i definitely think stanford could have beat either team today

Jan 11, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #843 of 928
Defenses have over a month to prepare for offensive teams and the offensive teams have over a month to lose their game-chemistry, so I'm not real surprised at the low score. Also, I thought when the wrist is down, the player is down. I'm pretty sure this already happened in a game not long ago?

Jan 11, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #844 of 928

Quote:
Also, the field was absolutely horrendous and the announcing team made was so bad, it maid me laugh:  "This one's for the Tostitos"-  Musburger

"This one's for all the Tostitos"

............................................. That's gonna go down in history as one of the most obvious product placements everywhere. It will probably become some sort of meme.

It reminded me of this:

Jan 11, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #845 of 928
Hmm, I thought it was a great game, except for the fact that my team lost. It took Thomas too long to settle down, but it was the Tiger's red zone defense that won it for them. Although I have no clue what Kelly was thinking calling four straight run plays right into the throat of that defense resulting in the goal line stand of the game...
mad.gif

Anyways I enjoyed it, both defenses were outstanding, game ball to #90. Even with his penalties Nick Fairly was a monster. And that makes me a loser at 17-18, avatar changed back.

The real winner was Cal's defense, they exposed Oregon's vulnerabilities and Auburn capitalized on them 
wink.gif

Jan 11, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #846 of 928
did anyone else notice that he was definitely down by the wrist on that last drive?

edit: the field was awful too

Jan 11, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #847 of 928

Quote:
Hmm, I thought it was a great game, except for the fact that my team lost. It took Thomas too long to settle down, but it was the Tiger's red zone defense that won it for them. Although I have no clue what Kelly was thinking calling four straight run plays right into the throat of that defense resulting in the goal line stand of the game...
mad.gif

Anyways I enjoyed it, both defenses were outstanding, game ball to #90. Even with his penalties Nick Fairly was a monster. And that makes me a loser at 17-18, avatar changed back.

The real winner was Cal's defense, they exposed Oregon's vulnerabilities and Auburn capitalized on them 
wink.gif

If Cal could kick just simple field goals they would have likely been 7-5 instead of 5-7.... 
frown.gif
... anyways, Congrats to Auburn.

That one play was very close... I think he was down. In which case, congrats Oregon?

Jan 11, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #848 of 928
afinch1992:
did anyone else notice that he was definitely down by the wrist on that last drive?

I thought the same thing but wouldn't bet even a bag of ramen noodles on it. 

I thought the Tigers were the better team. They had better O and D lines. I was surprised it wasn't worse, but credit Oregon for that. They scrapped hard to make it game. The Ducks can wear the coolest unis, and man were those cool!, recruit every fast kid from Cali and Texas, yet until they get some more NFL quality muscle down low, the crystal ball will be a tough reach. 

As annoying as he is, Gushburger was right. I've said many times in this thread myself. Champeenshps are built on the D-Line. 

Oh don't worry boys, Pick 'em results will post tomorrow! 

Jan 11, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #849 of 928

Quote:

edit: the field was awful too

I guess it was the inside of his wrist that touched, not the outside like the player in the other game. Frankly, I don't see why it should matter. A wrist is a wrist.  This has been a pretty poorly officiated CFB season overall, in my opinion.

Jan 11, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #850 of 928
I wanted the Ducks to win (not a fan just usually root for the underdog) and the refs got the call right. What Oregon didn't get right was their inside the 5 yard line offense. Actually, the Tigers inside the 5 yard line defense bowed their backs and stopped them. They did what they had to do and held LaMichael to 49 or so yards. Congratulations to Auburn.

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:25 AM Post #851 of 928
I thought the game was fascinating, and when a Big Game of any sort is that close, and is won on the last play, we're all lucky.  There have been a LOT of blowouts in championship games!  This one was nip and tuck.

That said, Auburn absolutely had it's way with Oregon's offensive line, and that was the difference in the game.  All of Oregon's speed at the skill position was mostly negated by the fact that Auburn defenders were blowing up their plays on a very regular basis.  The OLine could neither run block or pass block effectively, and that cost them the game - the failed 4th and goal from the one...the safety...and the FAR below average rushing yards.

BTW: I was rooting for Oregon.

Well, fellas, it's been fun.  See y'all next year.

Jan 11, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #852 of 928
Five in a row for the SEC!  That was a good game last night.  I have watched Auburn play all year and have not  seen the defense play as well as they did last night.  Hell our backup QB threw 4 TD's aginst them in the 2nd half when we played them on their home field.  Game ball should go to the DC.  Pretty much took the Ducks running game out of the picture.  And to Uncle Erik who said he expected The Ducks to "hang a half a hundred on them".  All I got to say is I told you so,

Jan 11, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #854 of 928
Jan 11, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #855 of 928
Skylab:
BTW: I was rooting for Oregon.

Me too. I was on the fence early, then Fairely reminded me what a tool he was. After that, it was all Ducks. Kelly is also such a fun coach to watch. The guy has stones. I love that. 

Did I mention their uni's were sweet? Yeah I know I did. The knee braces even had the day glo on them! I also loved the matching socks and shoes, reminded me of the look of those old school tape jobs back in the astro turf days. 

Another aside, I watched the first half in 3D. That was awesome. I know many scoff at 3D. But I'm telling you, sports fans should love that tech. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back