2010 College Football Thread
Dec 5, 2010 at 8:55 AM Post #616 of 928

Quote:
Well, we won, but it wasn't quite the ball game I had in mind. Bring on the 8-4 Huskies... yeah so easy to get excited for that game...

Nice comeback win by the Sooners.  But what are you on about w/r/t playing UConn?  You guys are getting Stanford in the Fiesta.  Better lace 'em up for that game!

It's a pity - I wish Stanford would go to the Rose to play Wisconsin, so we could have the traditional Big-Ten v Pac-Ten matchup, and it would still feature two top-5 teams.  But I guess the Badgers are saddled with TCU, which is a total trap game.  Lose and look stupid; win and all you get is "that's how it should be".

Dec 5, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #617 of 928

Quote:
hot damn my ducks are awesome...cant wait for auburn in arizona!

Careful what you wish for.  The Tigers have been far more battle tested this year.  They have defeated 5 teams that are currently in the top 25 and they can for sure keep up the tempo for 60 minutes.  Did you not see them play yesterday.  That was an ass kick'n for sure.  That was the fifth time I have seen them play this year and It was by far their most impressive showing.  The Gamecoks are a good team but they had no answer for Cam Newton.  Thanks to them it looks like my Razorbacks are going to a BCS bowl (Sugar Bowl) this year. 

Congrats to the Sooners.  I don't know what to say about their offense last night, but their defense sure came alive in the second half.  Very impressive show. 

Damn crying shame that UConn is going to a BCS bowl and some 11-1 and 10-2 teams are being left out.  They should save those bowls for the best regardless of their conference.  If you want in one, play better.   

Dec 5, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #618 of 928
Quote:
Well, we won, but it wasn't quite the ball game I had in mind. Bring on the 8-4 Huskies... yeah so easy to get excited for that game...

Nice comeback win by the Sooners.  But what are you on about w/r/t playing UConn?  You guys are getting Stanford in the Fiesta.  Better lace 'em up for that game!

It's a pity - I wish Stanford would go to the Rose to play Wisconsin, so we could have the traditional Big-Ten v Pac-Ten matchup, and it would still feature two top-5 teams.  But I guess the Badgers are saddled with TCU, which is a total trap game.  Lose and look stupid; win and all you get is "that's how it should be".

Really? The commentators for the game last night kept saying we'd play UConn..?

Dec 5, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #619 of 928
It's a bit up in the air, since the Fiesta has the last at large pick. From what I gather, the opponent will depend upon whether the Orange selects Stanford or the Huskies. Soonersports.com has UConn already listed as the Fiesta opponent for what it's worth. Many think the Orange might to Cardinal. Those that don't, point out that Stanford doesn't travel well. 

Such are the b.s. scenarios that matter in the bowl system. 

I'm sad. The CF reg season is basically over; now for the dreaded silly season. I hate silly season, really hate it. 

Dec 5, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #620 of 928
Well, interestingly, the Chicago Tribune showed UConn having accepted a bid to the Orange bowl to play VaTech. But maybe that's wrong. ESPN seems to agree with you, that you'll get UConn. I hope that's wrong. VATech - UConn and OK - Stanford are much better matches.

Dec 5, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #622 of 928
Yup. Too bad TCU isn't already in the Big East.

Dec 5, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #623 of 928
In the interests of competitive football they should just give them the Big East's BCS spot.

Dec 5, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #624 of 928
just got home from the ATL.
what a weekend!  what a game!
finally, Auburn comes out and plays 60 minutes of hard-nosed football.

next up...  Glendale, AZ.

Dec 5, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #625 of 928
Wow, cool! Looks like you had pretty good seats, too!

Dec 5, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #626 of 928
45 yard line.  5th row.  Not too shabby.
But, honestly, the seats were almost too "field-level".
Not enough perspective to see the plays develop.

However, i did have the advantage of watching a lot of great team shenanigans on the sidelines... 
Including seeing Bo Jackson grab Cam's Gator-Ade bottle and take a swig. 
Cam had labeled his Gator-Ade bottle as "Cammy Cam Juice", and everyone was kidding that if they drank it, they could "do what he does".  Hahahaha.

It was a fun time....  And certainly the best we've played all year.

Dec 5, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #627 of 928
That's about where my seats were at the Wrigley Field game, and I agree, it was too low. For my season tickets, I picked the front part of the upper deck for a reason. Best view for football.

Looks like it's Nortwestern vs. Texas Tech in the Ticketcity bowl on Jan 1. I'm not trucking it down to Dallas for that.

Dec 5, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #628 of 928
As far as bowl games go it would be nice if the 11-1 Wolfpack, ranked #17, could get a chance against a 10-2 or even a 9-3 team ranked above them instead of having to play the ACC offering in the "Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl". But then again #11 Boise has to play Utah in the "MACCO Bowl" instead of getting a chance against a higher-ranked team as well just because they lost to these same Wolfpack, aargh!

I do agree that Auburn should be favored over the Ducks but I am hoping for a good game.

Dec 5, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #629 of 928
Oregon is fast.
I think their offense takes probably 10 more snaps a game than even ours...

Everyone will say that Auburn's defense hasn't been challenged with a team this fast.  But, they forget that we practice against ourselves every day. 
tongue_smile.gif

I will admit...  The Ducks look SCARY good.

Dec 5, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #630 of 928
It's one of the more exciting NCG match ups I remember having in a while. Really looking forward to it, actually.

Of the BCS bowl, it looks to me like the second most interesting will the Ohio State - Arkansas. All of the rest of the match ups don't do it for me. The Michigan State - Alabama Capital One bowl seems like a better game than the rest of the BCS bowl match ups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back